1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #3

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Splunge, Oct 1, 2013.

1. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

P: Kingmaker was on sale recently but not a very good sale so I wasn't sure I should go for it. I played partway through the tabletop version of the campaign but our group determined to mostly be evil which I detest so I wasn't having much fun. Plus our group was leaning towards Chaotic Evil and trying to run our kingdom as Lawful Good. Realistically our GM should have had our people rise up against us and burn us but he was too lazy to care. But I've seen two reviews here that the computer version is a good game so I'll have to put more thought into it. :)

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is it a good adaptation of the Pathfinder rules? I've read a couple of reviews, and it seems to be a love it or hate it affair. Most complaints seem to be that the PnP rules are directly copied into the game, for better or worse, and a kingdom mechanic that can give you a game over due to RNG.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's a more or less faithful adaptation of the PnP rules, though it obviously does not include everything you can find in PnP. If you want to go for it, I would also suggest playing it with at least the first DLC (tiefling race and kineticist class) and Call of the Wild mod (a bunch of new classes and options), to get the most options out of it. If you enjoy building your characters in many different ways, that is. Some people don't like the choice paralysis. As for the story and feel, I must say, I quite like the game so far. Most of the bugs have been fixed and EE improved a lot of stuff that was clunky in the base game.

I'll probably write a review once I'm done with the first run. It might take a while though.

Taluntain likes this.
  4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So, I am playing some Grim Dawn, working on a couple of builds. That's getting old though, so I was actually thinking of playing the Witcher series. I have the first two, but only played the first because my old (and now very dead) computer couldn't handle the second one at all. My new computer can easily deal with all of it.

Trying to decide if I need to replay the first one before doing the second one, given that I probably haven't touched it in, man, well over 5 years.

I need to look at my GOG library and see what to download. I seem to have way too much time on my hands these days . . .

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you really have a lot of time on your hands, why not replay the first one. Though you could just play the second one without missing much, I'm sure. I played through the first one again last year and found it quite enjoyable. I did add some mods for reduced inventory management and I think one that gave me more talents on level up to play around with different builds a bit more.

I also played the second one after that (for the second time, for me), chose a different path this time. That run went into hiatus for more than half a year, though, because I wanted to play something else.

Now, if you really have a lot of time on your hands (and your computer can handle it), then I'd recommend the Witcher 3 as well. Have been playing that one for probably more than four months now, still enjoying it, even though I don't have a lot of time to play video games.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I suspect my computer can handle much of what is out there now. It's:

2019 Dell 15.6" FHD IPS High Performance Gaming Laptop | Intel Quad-Core i5-8300H | 16GB DDR4 Memory | 512GB SSD +1TB HDD | GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | Backlit Keyboard | MaxxAudio Pro | Windows 10

7. henkie

Media:
    It should probably be able to handle it, yeah, as long as you don't expect to run everything at high settings.

8. henkie

Media:
    So, I've finished the Blood and Wine expansion for the Witcher 3, which was a lot of fun. Lot's of reference and easter eggs, as well. It's gets a bit cheesy at times, though it never bothers the plot, just interesting side stuff
    [​IMG]

Some references from the main game:
    [​IMG]

Currently restarted the game with new game+, still enjoying the game.

Though I was watching some stuff on Doom, about how the engine works, some special types of runs through the game, or just mods. So I reinstalled Doom, and am currently playing through Doom 2. For extra variety, I installed the Russian Overkill mod, which is every bit as much overkill as the mod name suggests. There's so many different weapons, I'm not even sure I've seen all of them at this point.

Mostly, it's not about how quickly you can kill things, but finding the right gun that you won't blow yourself to very tiny bits as well as everyone around you. Cathartic.

[​IMG]

To add a bit of challenge in opposition of those guns that can kill even a cyber demon in a matter of seconds, I also got another wad, Colourful Hell. It randomly changes enemies in a level to a different coloured variant, and, depending on the colour, are a bit tougher than the vanilla enemies (which are still there, as well). Up to being really, really, unfair. If I wasn't playing the Russian Overkill mod as well, that is. Which makes the really tough enemies a bit more interesting than the normal enemies.

It's a lot of fun, anyway.

Taluntain likes this.
  9. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've always wanted to try the Brutal Doom and Bloom mods, but I can't get around to doing that. :shake:

10. henkie

Media:
    Hadn't heard of the Bloom mod yet, might be interesting to try out as well. Not sure what the appeal of Brutal Doom is, aside from the extra gore?

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm doing a run of Yes, Your Grace with my partner currently. I've played it before so I'm basically taking the role of Audry and advising him as he plays. It is quite an emotive game so it's interesting seeing how he reacts to the events in the game. Afterwards I'll probably end up doing another run to get all the achievements for failing or being a mad king :D

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ingress and Fantasy Premier League.

13. henkie

Media:
    Wow, 8peeps and harbs, long time no see!

For me, not much time to play recently, have to get our new house in order. I did play through Wolfenstein The New Order before that started, though. Good game. Rare combination of good action and good story. Which is quite surprising for a Wolfenstein game. Although this is my first newer Wolfenstein game (after Return to Castle Wolfenstein).

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Last time I played Castle Wolfenstein was in 1989.

15. henkie

Media:
    I've played Wolfenstein 3D (though it gives me an actual headache when I play it, to this day), and Return to Castle Wolfenstein (great gameplay, really enjoyed it), but I've never played Castle Wolfenstein. It's that 2D platformer, right?

16. Harbourboy

17. dmc

Media:
    I had that on my Apple II+. Brings back memories. "Achtung!"

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    OMG me too - I think we had an Apple IIe

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Just finished Outer Worlds. Great game, feels really nice to play something so old school, not open world, just really well crafted and self-contained. Got the DLC, will have to dig out an older save and go back to it.

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Among us has ended up claiming me most evenings now, lol, when my friends are free at least.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.