1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Reinstalled GuildWars. Well, what can I say. a lot of fighting.

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Final Fantasy 9. What's with all the characters looking for dates and love...

3. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Was Playing The Witcher, but got bored and have gone back to NWN2. Will be playing Devil May Cry 4 when I get paid :D

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Geneforge 4 - a very good recovery after the disappointing #3.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Kiss: Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child. It's a bizarre FPS using the LithTech engine, developed by a bunch of people who quit Ion Storm during Daikatana's development. It's got some interesting level design and some pretty surreal moments - "psycho circus" is a good description. It would even be quite scary if the writing and the voice acting weren't so atrocious.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I finished my first, and probably only, run through Witcher. I enjoyed it but I wouldn't be bothered playing through it again.

I liked the overall plot and characters but the combat and alchemy systems were really boring me by the end. There was far too much repetitive killing of weak enemies for my liking. Most combat can just be resolved by just selecting one of two weapons and one of three fighting styles and clicking the mouse using the appropriate rythm for that style. By the end I was running away from most enemies because I just couldn't stand the boredom of clicking through the silver/fast sequence for the 800th time to kill yet another drowner. I did get some relief from this boredom when I decided to just fireball to death anything that got too close to me but that got old really fast too.

If you pair that up with the frequent crashing you don't exactly have a recipe for replay.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Red Alert 2.

Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage!

8. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Finally started playing The Witcher. A very nice game so far, with great graphics and music.

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    "More Mammoth tanks!" is still my motto. :p

Started Demon Stone again, it's not special, but a better time waster than solitaire. Maybe some NWN afterwards.

Oh, and MotB was awesome.

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Warhammer 40K . It's fun, I think I may try it out online when I get better. For some weird reason, I like the Tau most.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    ....nothing! I'm in gaming limbo. I was playing Lego Starwars2 which was really fun until I had to start replaying the levels to get the extras. So I stopped playing that about 3 weeks ago. I wish they would make another starwars lego game.

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I wish I could warm up to RA2, I really do. But after the massive amount of WIN the first part had, 2 was just...a disappointment.

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Arx Fatalis. I cannot decide if I love or hate the game. It does some things incredibly well and fails so miserably at others.

14. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. It's a great game, but the single player story is a bit short.

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Devil May Cry 4. Because killing demons is fun :D

16. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

i started the second dungeon siege,the legends of aranna on pc.i'm still in wild arms 3 on ps2

17. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Awn

18. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm stuck with the endboss of the old NES-game Legend Of Zelda 2 - The Adventures Of Link. Not too bad of a game, although a little too short and little too simple, but sure brings back those childhood memories.

Ahh, nostalgia...

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Lost Odyssey. Fun. Very fun.

Then, Eternal Sonata. Also very fun

20. Johi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Monkey Island 2

Great Series!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.