1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Playing BladeRunner for the first time ever. It's pretty hard at some times, but it is surely enjoyable. Dunno if I'll be able to find all 7 possible endings, though.

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's a great game. Playing it always makes me want to watch the movie and watching the movie makes me want to play the game. Can't say if I managed to get that many endings, though. I once managed an ending in which I managed to keep everyone alive (except for that lady cop, I think), but never quite figured out what I did right that time to keep them all alive.

Still playing BGTutu myself. I decided I wanted to solo again, so started a game with a R/C. Quite enjoying it so far, I love how he levels up so quickly and with good armor he's nearly untouchable. He just got to Baldur's Gate itself and so far I only recruted Tiax once because I needed a thief to open a door for me.

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm kind of all over the board lately with switching games. I just started IWD2 last night, and for the moment, am enjoying the heck out of it! :)

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer is so good! It is unique - you stalk people while being stalked, and you have to blend into the crowd, etc. Most multiplayers involve running, ducking, and shooting, but this has a much better tension.

Also racing about on NFS: Hot Pursuit.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've been playing a bunch of games I got during the Steam sales and I have a bunch more that I haven't even tried yet.

I've played Puzzle Bots, Machinarium, Plants Vs. Zombies: GOTY, Cogs, RUSH and Eufloria.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Also started Vanquish. Very cool shooter, unlike other sci-fi ones.

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Red Dead Redemption. Lovely game.

8. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Plants v/s Zombies .... funny as all hell
    Also started to get back into IWD II ... its a lot easier to do with my time constraints than say a BG II
    Anyone else play Dawn of War II? Either of them.

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Icewind Dale. :)

10. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The BG trilogy. Even though I have several parties that I started earlier, I ended up finishing the trilogy first with a solo R/C. For some reason I like soloing a lot, maybe because it's less micro management or just a more focused experience...

After I finished that game, I continued with my half-orc themed party: a kensai, a barbarian, a F/C and a F/T. All of them half-orcs. I love this fighter heavy party - they can cut through anything.

11. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I was playing through Dragon Age and IWD, but i've just started a new FF7 playthrough, a bunch of us from work are running it together.

Goodbye, free time :(

12. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Legend of the Crystal Valley

Had an amazing time playing Trine with brother earlier. There are hilarious solutions available with two characters on screen - and you can send the Thief air-surfing. :p

13. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I've never played Trine but it's meant to be epic. I'll have to give it a go one day. Also, Hello Lore!

14. henkie

Media:
    Still playing BG, quite as addictive as ever. Also felt like playing an RTS, so reinstalled Red Alert 2 again. I actually wanted to play C&C Generals at first, but when I installed it, it turned out that it doesn't work under Windows 7. Or at least, not without some further tweaking. So I played Some Red Alert 2 instead. Still a great game and still one of my favorite RTS games, next to Supreme Commander.

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    System Shock 2... it's scary :(

16. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Trying to up my ladder ranking on sc2. It's hardddddddd :(

17. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Some PS:T. Some IWD2 in HoF. Slow going, both, as my generally limited free time is strained even more than usual.

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Still playing LotRO Online but next weekend I will play Witcher 2 :D It'll probably be in my mail on Wednesday or Thursday.

19. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Playing PG4ever.

A revamped version of Panzer General/Allied General with a much better AI. Totally chagnes the game when playing vs. the PC. Currently sacking Moscow in the "Moscow 42" scenario. I have a force that is heavily Heavy Tanks, Mostly PZIIIJs with a few Tigers and a few Panzer 4IVF2s as well. Large Air force for Air Superiority and 4 Bridge Engineer units for quick river crossings, allowing for the Blitzkrieg to take effect from scenario to scenario. Still have England to knock out as well(purposely, wanted to experience more scenarios, so I lingerd in the France scenario to achieve only a Minor Victory.)

Also soloing IWD again with a F/M/T. Currently entering the Hand. Reached the 2nd level. Levels are 9/11/11, so I am ripping through mostly everything with a buffed -14 AC. Still waiting for a Stoneskin scroll, once acquired, I will be unstoppable, for a while at least.

20. henkie

Media:
    Haven't played that much lately, too much else going on, and when I play, I tend to play different games.

Still playing BGTutu off and on, mostly with two parties I have been guiding through the game for quite some time now. One is a themed mage only party, with a Wild Mage, a Cleric/Wild Mage, a Wild Mage/Thief and a Sorcerer. Can be somewhat challenging at times, but once I realised I really needed a tank of sorts, I equipped my C/M with heavy armor and a large shield.

The other party is more varied, mostly with a couple of builds that I want to run with because I like them. They're a Monk, a dwarven Berserker/Cleric, a Kensai to be dualed to Thief at some later point and a Skald.

Further playing some STALKER: Call of Pripyat. For letting myself get immersed in a game world, this game series is one of the best games I know. The original is actually more atmospheric and immersive than CoP, but the gameplay is much more refined in CoP.

Interestingly, it's the upgrade mechanic for weapons and armor that takes me out of it the most in CoP. I think it stirs up my inner munchkin and I tend to focus too much on getting the upgrades, rather than just enjoy the atmosphere and gameplay. Maybe this is also why I never feel really immersed in RPGs, but much more so in (stealth-)FPS games. Too much powergaming potential for me to pass up on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.