1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
  2. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Right now, I am playing the 'damn, the ##%^&#@@!#$^&& CD/DVDrom refuses to work again...' game. ;)

3. Ragusa

Media:
    Installed Bioshock yesterday, and it looks nice, but the atmosphere is positively creepy. Graphics are sort of unstable, too (with my computer alt-tab will send the game into windowed mode for instance). Anyway, I'll take my time to play through the game.

I predict that I'll let it rest over Crysis. I know me.

4. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I loved the atmosphere in Bioshock, it's great fun. Awesome story too.

I've reently gone back to Borderlands with the hope of actually finishing it this time.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Mount and Blade Warband.

My god this game is an evil timesink. It's so easy to just keep playing...:spin:

6. Ragusa

Media:
    Borderlands is fun. The first mindless shooter in a very long time that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I had Crysis in my mail today! Yay!

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Let me know what you think about Crysis - I was thinking of picking it up too, especially now that I can get it for cheap.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The opening is very creepy. You don't know what's going on, you're bare-handed and something with sickles for hands that can climb walls is out there!

9. Ragusa

Media:
    The low price was relevant for me as well. When I got my PC one about two years back Crysis was the reference game as far as graphics are concerned. I look forward to playing it.
    ... something that looks sort of sick, and with sickles that scratch holes into the steel shell of your bathysphere ...

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ME2 again, same as rags. played a male paragon vanguard first time. now i'm going with a female renegade infiltrator

11. Ragusa

Media:
    I played for an hour. I'm not much of an FPS person, but undoubtedly Crysis has sweet graphics. It feels from the beginning very Predator-ish.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I can remember the guy on the radio saying I had to go outside and thought "You're f***ing with me right?"

13. Ragusa

Media:
    The start sequence of Crysis is a perfect example for FPS:

The hero Nomad is waken up by his squad buddies when already onboard of the jump ship, and the squad leader basically says: Ok, we have a mission, we're up here, the enemy is down there and we're gonna jump now. Charge! ... and off they go ... The only thing missing is the Hooray! (or Boo-yah!), but anyway ... very shortly thereafter ... [​IMG] ... Ratatatata ... [​IMG]

Sometimes such epic story depth just what I need.

Besides, the suit looks cool, there is a lot of action and the graphics are just marvellous. Instant fun, not more, but nothing less :)

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

After serious leaf-hailing and some spring cleaning, I found my old copy of Who Framed Roger Rabbit on NES. Remember the part where you're supposed to get Jessica Rabbit's phone number? It's an actual 1-800 number which would give game tips. I tried the number for **** and giggles when I reached that part in the game... and now we have a Nintendo game that gives a number to an, err, erotic hotline.

15. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

:lol:

Currently having another blast through of BG2 after finishing tutu. Playing with a few mods to add something new.

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Kilty, where've you been hiding?

17. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

After finishing another run thru Wizardry 8, love that game, I am all rpg'd out. So I loaded up Warhammer Mark of Chaos. So far, so good. I have been perusing abandonware sites, but nothing has caught my fancy, though I was thinking about trying "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" or possibly one of hte Genghis Knan games. Anyone recommend either of those?

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Tried to play through the Call of Duty series, except for 3, but my computer can barely handle the fifth. I guess I'll have to wait until my brother replaces his computer before I can upgrade mine :)

19. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

@Silvery, Still kicking about, just mostly lurking these days. I'll pop into the FAI soon to catch up with everyone.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    I am again playing Mass Effect 2. I did the Tali quest yesterday, on hardcore in order to get the fine geth assault rifle. It was remarkably easy with my sentinel main char, Miranda and Thane (multiple Overload, Throw and Warp abilities) :spin: And I got that fine rifle in the end :roll: The Geth Colossus went down easily with a couple of Heavy Overloads and Heavy Warp attacks.

I also noticed two genuine shortcomings of this otherwise great game:

* No free exploration, no sneaking (pre-battle reconnaissance) - as soon as the enemies are in combat distance the heat is on; you can't really ambush superior enemies.

* The general lack of unscripted interaction with the environment. You can break crates. You can throw a fuel cell with your biotic throw ability. But you can't grab them and carry them to a place where you'd like them to be (read: to detonate next to an enemy; to block a path). You could do all that in Deus Ex, and on top of that, you had LAMs ... that was fun :D

Ah, I secretly hope that, finally, Deus Ex 3 comes out, and lives up to the qualities of the outstanding original game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.