1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Final Fantasy 6

Fable is waiting for me at home, along with Sam and Max (Season 1) and Ultima 5 Lazarus.

(In other words, I need more time, or less exams :p )

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Fired up Mechassault this evening. Every once in a while it's just fun to blow **** up!

3. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

I've finished "Death knights of Krynn" a few weeks ago and have started playing "Dark Queen of Krynn". I'm also playing Fallout 2.

4. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Persona 4, great so far.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Finally got BioShock and Devil May Cry 4. Been absorbing my life.

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Now I have Far Cry 2 :)

7. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Mainly Left 4 Dead, anyone else? And a bit of Football Manager. Was thinking about getting something new for after my exams, maybe portal, any suggestions?

8. Gnarfflinger

World of Warcraft. I don't see it as addictive but I think it will be fun...

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Addicts rarely admit they are addicted. :p

10. Gnarfflinger

I haven't seem massively long periods of time disappear, nothing forgotten that I wouldn't normally forget to do, sleep patterns haven't really changed.

I'll admit to fascination with any new game that's really good, but I wasn't jittery when I went 36 hours or so without being able to play...

11. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Been playing STALKER with the Oblivion Lost mod that The Magister mentioned a page or so back. Very enjoyable, I must say. I had a lot of fun playing around without having to worry about having to throw my favorite (unique) weapon away because it broke down. It was very nice to be able to stick to my favorite armor as well (the SEVA armor).

Plus there is a nice new selection in weaponry. Especially the Saiga 12C shotgun and the TMP caught my fancy in the new weapons department. It was rather a shame that the new big guns (M63 and such) were such piles of acid recoil, even though you have to wear an exoskeleton type armor to help support them already. The addition of silencers for basically every weapon was a lot of fun, enhancing the sneaking about part of the gameplay.

As per the recommendation in the readme file that came with the mod, I played on Hell difficulty, but I could shoot the guy for recommending me that. Or he should've at least made a footnote telling you to set the difficulty to something more reasonable until you got your first assault rifle with scope. I died so many times in the beginning because I couldn't shoot an enemy from afar, while he seemed to have not quite so many problems in acquiring me in his sights.

Btw, Magister, did you ever find the uber-controller that was supposed to hang around Chernobyl NPP? I found a controller while in the sarcophagus, but that couldn't have been him, as he turned into a cloud of flesh and shrapnel with only a single grenade.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hell difficulty in that mod is VERY literal. It's an uphill climb at EVERY point in the game. Honestly I sort of game up and turned down the difficulty ;)

Also I have NOT found that uber-controller, for which I am thankful. I never seem to have enough grenades when I come across the normals so I don't relish the thought of fighting a stronger one.

13. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, after I got a scope for my modified AK-74 (for which I very specifically made a short raid into the wild territories, before continuing with the Duty faction quests for the Vintarez), it wasn't too bad, because then I could sit back and snipe the hell out of whoever bothered me. After that, the Hell difficulty didn't seem so unreasonable anymore, because while you can't take much punsihment anymore, human opponents (and zombies) are not any tougher than you are.

The mutants are a different story, though. Especially the new ones are tougher than is reasonable, in my opinion. Especially those dwarves are annoying. They're apparently very resistant to grenades and bullets in general and have this killer ranged attack that will stop you dead in your tracks and you can only avoid it by moving out of sight. And they're really extraordinarily resistant to grenades. I once fired 10 VOG-25 grenades at one of them, but that didn't even faze him as he tore me apart. Actually, the only thing that works reasonably well against them is to snipe them with the Vintarez (9x39 ammo is apparently very potent against most enemies, far more so than the 5.56x45 or 5.45x39 ammo). The bloodsucker is suddenly a lot tougher as well, which makes him an especially annoying opponent now, because he can kill me very quickly if he manages to sneak up to me.

And I'll not start looking for that uber-controller either. That dwarf boss in lab-x-something or another was also far tougher than I was comfortable with, and to start looking for something even tougher I can only describe as masochistic.

One thing I just remembered that I liked a lot about this mod were the blowouts. It adds so much feeling to the game world that there is something out there that you have to take refuge from or risk death or worse. Finding cover in some abandonned house, then discovering that you suddenly occupy it together with some other stalkers who were also looking for cover, and then peer out the windows to see the sky turn red and to hear eery sounds... Immersion +10!

14. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Just finished the main quest in Fallout 3. Pretty good fun but seemed kind of short. I've done a fair few side quests but there are tons still out there I'm sure so I think I'll start a new game at some point. Going to either move onto the first two Fallouts or a runthrough of KoTOR 2.

15. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Samurai Warriors II. It's a console port, but with the amount of pseudo-fighting games on the PC it's a rare treat. Plus, it's great to see a game where you can play co-op on the campaign - we were playing with some friend until 2:30 am today. If only I didn't have to go to work...

16. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Call of Juarez. Western FPS thingy. Quite fun.

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Heh, great game. I'm unstoppable with Ginchiyo. :)

I've been playing Sam and Max, but have gone back to FF6.

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Far Cry 2. Dart Rifle is so much fun. :)

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I rented Mirror's Edge. Pretty fun but I'm actually in a RPG kind of mood right now.

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I've been meaning to get Mirrors Edge. Let me know what you think of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.