1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sounds interesting. Do you have a link to where I can find more information on this mod and can you share your experiences with this mod?

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Mostly Lego Star Wars II. I'm so damn near 100% completion... :grr:

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Where to start...
    Vehicles are included. Night is truly BLACK. NPC's use grenades. Realistic health system (4-5 shots=death). Improved NPC AI. More mutants. Random fraction vs fraction wars (duty-freedom,militarity-bandit etc). Open ended (you can continue playing after you finish the game). More armor. More weapons. Already existing armor and weapons get a face lift. Medkits are harder to find. Bandages don't heal anymore, they only stop bleeding. Improved HUD. Traders can repair weapons are armor. Realistic weather system.

And a few other things :)
    Really this is the game Stalker SHOULD have been.
    http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Oblivion_Lost;89584

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A mix of Left4Dead, Bioshock and Far Cry 2 :p.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I've fallen back to playing Spy in Team Fortress 2.

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The mod sells itself right there. When I played through it again last time, I had actually been fantasizing about the pure awesomeness and ownage that would ensue had I actually the ability to take some of the good stuff that you only find near the end with me, such as the Tunder S14, the Vintar BC and the Gauss Rifle, and then started playing from Cordon again. So much target practice! Glee.

Anyway, thanks for the link, though I've actually found a version 2.2 there as well, rather than the 2.07 that you were linking to, so I just downloaded that. I'll probably get around to installing it over the weekend, or later, once I want to do something other than Medieval II: TW again.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Now that it works, Mass Effect. Cool game. :) Next will be either Storms of Zehir or Fallout 3.

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    After having NWN unopened on a shelf in the past 3 houses that I've lived in, I've finally got round to playing it. Why did nobody tell me that it's addictive?!?!

Also got a free download of the full Populous:The Begining a few weeks ago (a very old game that I loved as a kid) I've been playing through that non stop, saving every level that's my fave and replaying them over and over.

Also got Resistance fall of man on the PS3, co-op with my fella is fabulous! I love living in the techy age!

9. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Megamodded Baldur's Gate Trilogy at home. Great fun, but not much of a challenge: I found equipment which give me loads of stat boosts (25STR, 25DEX, 25CON etc.), many stat boosting potions, countless immunities, and weapons that give roughly 4x normal damage output (Eye Crusher flail 4d10+4, Doom Bringer 2H-sword 4d12+4+elemental dmg). I'm nearing the end of the trilogy, but I sure did have fun.:p
    Modded Icewind Dale 2 on my laptop at work. This is more of a challenge, and I like writing a guide of my leveling choices. I'm looking forward to bringing my new party into Heart of Fury mode, and then moving on to Icewind Gate 2, which is essentially Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn in the IWD2 engine.:)

10. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Giving Fallout 3 a second try, who knows, it might grow on me... Otherwise I'm EB games can have it :p.

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Silvery: You talk about Populous from when you were a kid? I was in College before I discovered it! I feel really old...

12. olimikrig

Media:
    I must admit that Fallout 3 is a lot more fun than it appeared at first glance. Having made some better choices regarding character build (like picking scrounger perk so ammo isn't as much an issue as before, and rethinking how to prioritize skill advancement) made life a *lot* easier. This time around I'm playing "evil" as well, and being able to break in everywhere and steal whatever I feel like really helps keeping up a steady cash flow.

13. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Evil tends to get stale in Fallout, let's face it when you've eaten half the population of the Wasteland it gets rather empty. ;)

I took a short break from Fallout 3 to play Call of Duty World at War, I enjoy it a lot, I believe it is superior to Modern Warfare. Playing that game in a WW2 setting is much more enjoyable. The first Russian mission reminded me of Modern Warfare but it was definitely better than any mission I've played in CoD 4.

14. Gnarfflinger

While the Internet was down today I played through the demo of Spectromancer. Not a bad game. If I had a credit card and means to pay the bill I'd pay for the full version...

15. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Might and Magic VIII. Almost done with it now. My party is currently around level 60. Consists of a female Lich, a vampire, a dragon, a troll, and a dark elf. Not too many games that lets you use races like that, I think.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Still playing L4D every now and then.

17. Gnarfflinger

Back to Civ IV: Beyond the Sword. 18 civs on a standard map (normally accommodates 7), unrestricted leaders, one big continent. I've beaten the game at Noble setting with 7 leaders already, nunmber 8 alphabetically is Charlemagne. Not getting much luck. I can either get a good tech start but pathetic Military or I get a good military start and end up behind the 8-ball tech wise...

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Starwars: The Force Unleashed. Fun game with an interesting storyline. Pity I finished it in one day.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword. Just got hammered on Immortal level. Back to the drawing board.

20. Gnarfflinger

I've been playing Online Cribbage lately. The site also has a variant called "King's Cribbage" that plays like Scrabble. I suck at that one, but I'm not too bad at the regular Cribbage...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.