1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The gp 37 is my favorite so far. I did notice that the special weapons like Strelok's fast shooting ak47 are not subject to wear. Did you finf the modified Viper?

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The Gauss Rifle is my favorite, hands down. The GP 37 is a good weapon as well, though I found myself playing with the TRs 301 and the Obokan most of the time, as these are much more ubiquitous until you go into the Red Forest, and using them as ammo allowed. Sometimes you'd be swimming in 5.56 ammo, at other times the 5.45 would be all I found, so I'd switch between weapons.

I didn't notice that unique weapons didn't degrade, though. For me, they'd still break down over time, which is why I hate the fact that you can't repair your weapons so much. And I do think I found a modified Viper. Don't know if it was the modified Viper, though, my memory is a tad foggy on that after all this time.

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    The Witcher (EE) - So far it's very good. But I've not been able to get very far into it yet.

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Yes even more new games for me, I really don't do anything else at the moment:

Shadowgrounds. Has it's faults, but is still charming.

(Erhm. I have 36 games on my computer. When did that happen?)

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Gauss is overrated. My favorite gun was a silenced flashless sniper rifle you get from a Duty quest. BC something I think. Anyway while the gauss is good for extream range this thing was almost 100% accurate at any range, had a 10 bullet clip, auto fire in case you needed it and was always a 1 hit kill to the head.

:spin:
    I never got rid of that gun, and after I finished the game I played it through again just for that gun. :D

Only problem with it was that after about 350m the bullet lost velocity and started dropping slightly, so you had to compensate for that

6. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Same. It's hard to get some stuff done with the poor polish to english translation, but the game is REALLY well done.

Also working on KoToR and the occasional game of CS:S :)

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's the Vintar BC. Didn't use it a lot myself, mainly because the 9.39 ammo it uses is pretty rare, especially at the time you get it. Also, I didn't mean to say that the Gauss rifle is the best weapon in the game, just that it's my favorite. You simply get the rifle too late into the game and the firing rate is too slow for it to be really useful, but the fact that you can make a headshot from half way across a map is just too much fun.

I'd say the GP 37 is a good candidate for being the best weapon in the game, because it's a good mix between firing rate and accuracy, with plenty available ammo for it. Though I'll have to give the Vintar another shot if I play through the game again, it would be a shame if I'd miss out on all the snipery goodness this weapon could give, if it's as good as you say ;)

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    While we're on the topic of Post-Apocalyptic games, I'm now playing Fallout 3. :)

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've just started Fallout 1 for the first time.

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Back to playing Samurai Warriors 2. Kind of want XL, or Warriors Orochi 2.

STALKER sounds intriguing. I've been feeling a bit like a shooter lately. Was considering going back to Deus Ex...

11. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I've been playing the KotOR games a lot. I love the first one. The second is flawed, but also has some brilliant moments - it's just that I find it so damned depressing. I've been through it three times now and after the last occassion I was so bummed I decided to leave it alone for a good while.
    I've got Jade Empire and Oblivion waiting, as well - but I'm waiting for some extra RAM I ordered to arrive before I tackle those two. My PC is a bit old and creaky.

12. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Both Fallout 3 and sacred 2.

Stalker shadows over chernobyl is a decent shooter whit rpg elements to make it less linear. Some stores, sidequests and interactive NPC's makes it a better game for me. Stiil it has shooter blood, not rpg blood. (PATCH, PATCH...)

13. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ultima 7. Probably the only game I know, that has that BG feeling about it.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My favorite thing in U7 is to give one of those huge halberds to Spark and let him clean up :)

15. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hehehe, I should try that. Spark is currently wielding a lightning-whip (thought it a lame joke if he wielded such a weapon, with a name like that).

16. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Bought a 360 lately so I've been gaming a fair bit on BioShock, Call of Duty 4, GTA 4, Mass Effect and Fable 2. Going to get cracking on Lost Oddysey at some point but I'm not very good at it so I keep getting my ass whupped.

17. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I finally did it: I bought WoW. I'm so ashamed of myself at the moment, but at the same time have a terrible urge to play a Tauren Druid (we're starting a two man group with my cousin, he's Warrior).

A little hint for possible future players and the reason why am I not playing it yet: The patches are huge, and I'm talking *huge* huge. Something like 4,5 GB. So don't plan anything before you've downloaded them.

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Hard to be a God - bought it last week, and finally home to try it out. :)

19. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

First ever runthrough of Baldur's Gate. It's trickier than I thought it was going to be and I'm not levelling up very quickly.

20. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Anvil of Dawn, a very nice old RPG by Dreamforge. It's a bit like a solo version of Stonekeep except with better level design, better puzzles and more entertaining and balanced combat. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.