1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Medieval II once again. The Britannia expansion. I've also preordered Fallout 3. I'm contemplating Chessmaster 10 again. Hope I'm going to have at least some time to play.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I've been playing Medieval II as well. Yesterday I completed a campaign with Scotland, and had a brief first look at Byzantium...

3. Corangrane Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Baldur's Gate with a Pally and no BGTutu :)

5. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Warcraft III, ladder.

Got sick of destroying dota pubs in 20 mins :rolleyes:

6. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Discworld Noir
    ST: Elite Force II

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Stalker: shadow of chernobyl

8. Loreseeker

Media:
    Warhammer 40k : Dawn of War

I'm not really a fan of RTS games, but this one is quite fun, looks nice and has some very interesting unit upgrades... (plus seeing the Ork units actually attack a mine field in melee - priceless :D )

(Btw, DWN finished, Elite Force 2 run still active, almot done, though :) )

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Red Alert. Because Tesla is fun and Pixels are cool :D

10. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    KotOR 2. I finally got a non-german version (I managed to get pretty far without understanding a word, it even had decend voice actors).

I still think the level design is horrible, which is a shame because the art direction in KotORs is fantastic. And many bugs still exist, I should have waited for that fan made patch to release. Great game still.

11. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Amongst other games, I've been playing Supreme Commander, the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation. And I must say, it's a worthy successor - I haven't had this much fun in an RTS game since Red Alert 2.

I actually bought it in a box with Company of Heroes and Dawn of War + the Winter Assault expansion. And while I thought Dawn of War was an amusing game, its expansion can just FOAD. I'll explain why. I started with the Order side, i.e. the imperial guard and eldar, and thought the imperial guard was quite fun as a faction. The first two missions were ok and quite enjoyable, but from the third mission onward, my blood pressure started rising. They start throwing so many troops at you, and you're really not even expected to win - or at least that was the impression I had. Fortunately, the third mission was pretty short, but then the 4th mission...

You don't have the ability to build your own base, and can only take over structures already present on the map. They get destroyed? Though luck, you're not allowed to rebuild them. Together with the fact that you're pitched against a two far superior teams who have infinitely respawning back up as well, it made me realise that the game really doesn't want me to win. So, I decided that if the game doesn't want me to win, I won't bother trying. I exited the game and didn't start it up again.

12. Loreseeker

Media:
    Anachronox (and still playing Warhammer 40k: DoW)

(Don't look at me like that, this is my last week of summer holidays - and I've decided to play my heart out, before I start faculty next week. :p )

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You're still on holiday? :p

Good choice with Anachronox. Fantastic game.

14. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

playing Betrayal at Krondor. Gotten to chapter 3 now. I actually like this game better than BG1, to be honest. Trying to get Betrayal in Antara, to work in XP. Any suggestions?

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Antara works in XP with a bit of playing with compatibility modes. I used Win95 compatibility and forced 256 colours and that does the trick. The game's unplayable however because everything is VERY fast. I know that Windows 3.1 can be installed in DosBox, and since Antara is a Win3.1 game this should be the best way to play it, but I've not tried that yet.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. Not enough WWII RTS

17. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Call of Juarez. Kind of new wild west first person shooter game.

18. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. Damn hard game. Your shooting skills don't count for jack, because the weapons hit ten meters from the target. You have to have a strategy and really pay attention to what's happening. And hope that works.

Command & Conquer: Generals. Worse than the Red Alert serie, but I only wanted more skirmish maps anyways.

19. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Stalker is a good shooter. Hard, okay. Still I had some problems with broken quests. This one really needs the patches. I did not finiscxh it, perhaps later, but now I play Sacred2.

20. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If the gun accuracy is bothering you in Stalker, I've found it best to switch the firing mode to single shot instead of the automatic mode in which it is by default. At least, if you've progressed as far in the game that you get to the AK-47s and such. Before that, well, I suppose you'll just have to bear with it, though you can get a decent rifle in the second map already. And once you do get your hands on an automatic rifle, just switch to single shot, equip it with a scope once you find one and you'll be able to sniper them all savely from a distance. It might get a bit more tricky if an enemy surprises you and manages to get within close range, in which case you'll have to rely on fast clicking. Or fast thinking in switching to different firing modes, but the click to shoot reflex was usually stronger for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.