1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Because I've never heard of it. It's something I will have to look into...

Edit: I'm trying to download the trial version...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Jedi Academy, for about the 20th time

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Arcanum is an odd little game. The good sides are impossibly good and well-thought out (character development, setting, dialogue, quests); the bad sides are incredibly horrible and you have to wonder wtf they were thinking (the bloody combat, extremely limited character models, and that bloody combat).

I play Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI, a Chinese "historial simulation" (ie: strategy with historical backing) game made by KOEI (Japanese company...English version coming out soon apparently http://www.koei.com/rtkxi/). I've played it on and off pretty much ever since I got it. When I'm not playing it, I play Nobunaga's Ambition, which is pretty much the same thing except on Japanese history. :p

Yes, I'm so geeky that even my games are historically orientated. :p

martaug likes this.
  4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, I'd *like* to be playing Portal, but it wants to force me to download updates for the next 7 or so hours, so **** that. I knew buying a game with Steam and all the associated bull**** was a bad, bad idea...

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Portal is great; you'll get it all downloaded eventually...

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I think it's to the game credit that we actually put up with the horrible combat because the good sides are so incredibly good. I ranted and raved and the combat (and the bugs... oh the bugs!) on BoM when I played the game, but now all I remember is how great the game was.

7. Ziad

Media:
    Currently playing through Hard to be a God, a Russian RPG apparently based on a series of books from the 60s. It came highly recommended from a friend who said the story was excellent, and it is. It's got a large number of twists, some truly surprising, and almost gets the feel of some of the Might and Magic games when it starts mixing technology into the supposedly medieval world. Unfortunately the game fails at almost everything other than the story. The translation is disastrous, with broken English sentences everywhere. Combat is horribly unbalanced. The worst problems however are technical. Some areas were almost unplayable on my system even at the lowest detail settings (and my system isn't that old), the game crashed constantly, there are a huge number of clipping errors that require reloading a saved game, some quests are broken and don't finish properly... it's a testament to how good the story is that I'm still playing it.

8. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Currently playing through the Campaign for Home World 2, so far its pretty epic, and I'm only on the 4th mission...its also incredibly hard! It took me a good 4 attempts to get the second mission done, and even then it was pretty 'skin of my teeth'!

However it is fun and its nice for a RTS game to actually challenge its players, and require you to build diverse forces rather than churn out the same units over and over!

For anyone who hasn't played it, and has a soft spot for space combat this will fill that spot I'm sure, it allows you to move units in a 3D environment meaning you can infact attack the enemy from any direction (including above and below). Its also very very pretty despite its age! :)

Anyway its good and I'm enjoying and hoping I can add it to my pitifully short list of completed games! :p

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Portal is great, and that's just God's way of telling you to move on from dial-up. :p

@Ziad: I wholeheartedly agree. Problem is, every time I replay the game I'm forced to pick up Dog so he can handle combat for me since it's so bad. :D Good thing Dog doesn't count as a character space.
    Not to mention that Harm is way overpowered...a level 6 character wiped out Doc Roberts with it once...

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, the best way God could do that is convince Telstra in install the necessary infrastructure in my area...
    Anyway, update done (at uni). Haven't played yet, have Things Of Vital Importance to do.

11. Ziad

Media:
    I always have Dog as well, though I usually go either technologist or melee route and have never played the game using pure magic. I must be missing out on something if Harm is so powerful so early in the game!

12. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Baldur's Gate. Priest of Helm/Ajantis/Kivan/Immy/Xan

How could I have forgotten the gem: "That was the most lame-arse story I think I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Go away, old man." :lol:

13. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Finally started with Mass Effect, so far it has been quite nice. Although the planet exploring is dull and there is a bit too much of fedexing.

14. Kerfuffle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've just started playing Divine Divinity. Unfortunately I was killed by Zombie Jake twice before I even saved (btw, why is he in two places at once?). I think I've learned a valuble lesson today; don't go creeping around abandoned cellars and don't try to annoy the dead (without saving first).

15. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

diablo 2 with a barbarian

16. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Team Fortress 2. At first I thought "Online FPS, bah", but this is actually pretty awesome.

17. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Jade Empire

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Needed a break from Civ IV, so I dug out HoMM III.

Needed a break from Homm III so I installed Dungeon Keeper...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  19. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Addicted to DotA (Warcraft III) atm :D

20. nunsbane

nunsbane

Neverwinter Nights 2...man, it's a great game. Better than many of the user reviews led me to believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.