1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What did you *get* and what did you *give* for Xmas?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Music to me ears, lad! :) And it sounds better than jingling bells.

2. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Yes, but the fun is getting her out of them. :evil:

Sorry - could not resist - that comment was just sitting there needing a retort... :)

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah, some REAL cool stuff on those lists :eek:

I gave my little brothers a couple of PS2 games and my sister some Barbie 3D DVD show that she wanted. We're not really big on giving gifts.

I got a silver bookmark of a guy playing basketball (I play soccer, yerg), a 512mb flash disk (something I do need), a laser/ballpen thing and a small gym bag. Oh, also 2 shirts, 1 cool one that I've already used and another thatcan only be used for the gym. A little money too.

I'm actually not used to getting gifts that I'll actually like or use anymore, so this is fine.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Got:
    Atlas shrugged & Godel's proof
    The Rome series on DVD

Gave:
    Il Divo - Siempre
    Enigma - A Posteriori
    Pirates of the Carribean Dead Mans Chest

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rome is class. Post me that when you're done with it :D

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Got:
    a nice silver pendant in a series I collect, from my sisters
    new potholders (no kidding, I need them)
    some framed pictures of the younger relatives that I specifically asked for
    gift certificates to three different bookstores

Gave:
    lots and lots of bread
    cash to the under-25 family
    Baby Einstein blocks to the 7-month old great-niece
    Serendipity ornaments to 4 special folks with the Mother Theresa quote, "We can do no great things, only small things with great love"
    the North Star Records CD, Peace on Earth, to about 12 people, before Christmas

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Recieved:

Nice shiny stereo system
    Various CDs
    Medieval II Total War (which I am currently addicted to)
    Assorted chocolates and money from people who weren't too sure what to get

Gave:

Not much as by mutual agreement, most of my friends agreed not to get anything for each other (yes we are penniless).
    Soft bear thing
    Some gift pack from Body Shop
    A poster and book
    Plus chocolate, naturally.

8. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Received:

From Better Half - "Planet Earth" DVD set, Wallet, Janet & John CD (BBC Radio 2)
    Mum - 8" high Monkey Puzzle Tree (Araucaria Araucana), to be planted only when we've moved house to somewhere with a bit more land.
    Dad & Step Mum - T-towel & (Joint present to me and the gal) a Decorative Candle thingy
    Bro - Shaving gel set.

Gave:
    Better Half - "Now't but a lad" CD, "Planet Earth" Book of the series, Lavender bath/shower set, Amarylis Bulbs
    Mum - Amarylis bulbs
    Dad & Step-mum - A Goat and a Veggie Patch (Gift Aid)
    Bro - Nader, Zero, zip, he hadn't bought me anything for the last 2 years so I didn't expect him to this year.

[ January 04, 2007, 14:07: Message edited by: Carcaroth ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.