1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What did you do to remember 9/11?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Z-Layrex, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

We had a one minute silence at school.

Personally i took the moment to think about the hundreds of inoccents who have been slaughtered in the middle East. And how many thousands more will be massacred before this Bush crusade ends.

I thought how the individuals and families of those lost must feel now that their pain has been used as an excuse to inflict it on others.

I thought about the fact that the American public recieve biased and not much news about the rest of the world. How they are manipulated to support the budding Hitler who rules over them.

I thought that i should savour the silence, for it will be the last heard for many years...

GOD BLESS AMERICA.... No one else will.

2. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Damn. And I thought we had cured you.

Yes, we're going to go kill everyone. Then we're going to bite the heads off of babies before kicking some puppies.

Grow up, lad.

3. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, first our school had a cerimony around our flag at the start of the day. Then, that night I went to my church's youth group and was part of the mass that night and was a candle bearer in the candle light vigil.

On a smaller note, I put three american flags on the dash of my truck.

[EDIT]

Gees Dargorn, give us a break. If you want to disrespect Americans, choose a better time. I doubt that many would respect a comment like that at this time. Like Shralp said, grow up.

[ September 12, 2002, 23:47: Message edited by: jack-of-all-trades ]

4. Kooran Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I think it's vain.

There are FORTY ACTIVE WARS going on right now in the world. There are countries ready to create a nuclear winter and kill BILLIONS.

Our six thousand dead should've been a wake up call to realize the finity of our mortality and the affinity of humanity.

Instead, it's just an excuse to continue being blindly offended, xenophobic, and internationally tactless. Now not only are we self-righteously nationalistic, we think we've actually got an excuse to be.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I am impressed with all the Europeans being affected by this day. Thanks for setting that idiot straight Ara.

I live very close to where the plane went down in Somerset. Although I knew nobody on the plane, I went and visited the memorial there. It was, quite saddening, to say the least. To see firsthand what destruction hatred can bring, is... not a pleasant experience.

6. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I cried again

7. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] In my former job I was beginning to knew this cool guy that worked representing the steel plant on WTC... he was on a business trip to promote Canadian steel imports.

We were beginning a wonderful friendship and her sister even dated me.

(Yes, even if you believe I'm an idiotic ladies-shoe-licker; some one believes I'm worth something... well, before she went to a Psychiatric Hospital after his brother's dead on TV... **** ****** ************ ******** ********** *********** ************ Osamma... you WILL pay for this! You declared war on the entire American continent and the rest of the civilized world including me... you WILL be sorry the day you messed with me!).

He was on the floors that were hit first...

Just to remember... makes me ill.

8. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I remember, three hundred and sixty-six days ago. I was stunned, shocked. I somehow managed to drag myself to school, and there we spent the whole day watching TV and discussing what was going on.

This year...bleh. I can't help but be angry, but just as much at my fellow countrymen as at any foreign terrorist group. By god, three thousand twenty-five Americans died one year ago yesterday, most of them literally melted and burned to nothing, torn apart by shrapnel and millions of tons of steel. And yet, after a month of mourning and a few more of unbridled rage, we simply resumed our narrow-minded, self-centered way of life.

I hate Osama, and Al-Quida, and all these other terrorist groups. But I really can't say I blame them for hating us. I can understand these psychos hating the American leaders who've bombed their people into submission (even before 9-11). That said, there's still no reason for slaughtering three thousand innocent people.

Eh. I'm ranting now, and completely :yot: .

9. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Bah! I'm with the USA all the way now. I've had enough of these stupid Arab leaders running around destroying things and screaming extreme Islamic junk at the whole world. I agreed with attacking Afghanistan. I agree with attacking Iraq, and i'll agree with the next plan. I'm just plain sick of the middle-east. As i saw posted on that site shralp linked to, "America and Britain, shoulder to shoulder, to the last man."

[ September 14, 2002, 19:17: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

10. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

And how many Afganistan civilists died when americann soldiers "accidently" bombed wedding party. You say that 3.500 civilists died in WTC i heard 2000 died there. Bush is using this Islam threat to increase his popularity. His screaming that war should be made against all those Rogue-countries and that bull**** only got him a bounch of enemies.
    I bet at least 10x more people died in Afganistan than in america. Mostly civilians of course.
    Itsnot a war against terorism but for revenge and to be predominant in the world in most aspects.

Also i dont like american politics: just see what they did in Kyoto. Most other (smaller) countries agreed to decrease polution in the next years but not america, no they are THE jacks. They should be setting an example - they share in poluting our atmosphere is bigger than any other country.

Greatness of the country is not measured by ecomomical and military power but how to control all this. All bush wants to do is to asimilate the world to his ideas and values.

11. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Being confronted with mortality is always a shock.

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I understand the attacks on America, I just donĀ“t justify them.

13. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Do you mean Afhanistan Morgoth? Methinks your mind was wondering ;)

14. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, at my school we had a prayer, then we listened to a song by Garth Brooks (the song was kinda brutal, but the lyrics actually got me all choked up) and we finished off with a moment of silence...
    To be honest, I don't think people really need to do anything to "remember 9/11," since the images of that day are likely engraved in everyone's mind.

15. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

Shralp, respect for you man but also sympathy. you live in the very heart of America. Of course i cannot expect you to understand. you are right at the base of the corruption.

Personally i will be watching the oncoming war with interest. It will be intrigueing to see who wins and how many more lives will be lost to justify the loss of 6000.

'Two wrongs don't make a right'

I am sorry i sound blunt but i am totally void of emotion about the whole event. I think some people have a problem realising that the towers were destroyed for a reason. Maybe it is time for Bush to look at what he and his predessesors have done to upset the Arab community.
    America is suposed to be good and the middle east (Iraq especially) to be evil. Personally i am finding that the definition between the two is becoming less clear everyday.

But back on topic: I was saddened the day it happened. But i don't believe in being mournful of the past. I don't remember the anniversary of the death of family. Because it only hurts me more. I get on with my life.
    I think maybe some Americans are more upset with the ideal of what happenened and not actually thinking about the families. This whole thing has been reduced into some sort of melodrama and i think it is disrespectful to the families of those who have been lost to to turn any soul lost into a romantic heroic idol who represents and excuse for bloody revenge.

That is why i did not remember The two towers disaster.

16. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

No Dargorn Arabia is evil. Nothing justifys those attacks, NOTHING. Obviously they had a reason, they wouldn't have just done it. I think it's all down to jealousy. Lets face it, i think all world leaders are jealous of America really. It's always great to be part of the wealthiest nation. Most people in Europe, Australia and Canada live equal lives to Americans but these Arabs, Africans, S.Americans and many Asians, don't come close to our quality of life. TS i say.

[ September 16, 2002, 16:34: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

17. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG]
    What exactly does this propose to mean? That Arabia is evil in itself - ie there's something inherently evil in the lands? Should the people move out and become gooder (oops sorry meant better, didn't I)? Or it's the people who live there that are evil and we should exterminate them and populate the land with other people who are good?

Or do you mean to say that Arabs are evil - and wherever they live is evil as well (Munchen or London for instance?)

Or do you mean that the governments of the countries on the Arabic peninsula are evil?

Well, I'll tell you what, what with you being a paladin and all, sworn to fight against evil - sword in hand and get chopping on some towelheads eh (sure - there are some good arabs (there must be right?) and they might get hurt, but hey - it's for a higher purpose, right?)?

And while you're at it may I suggest you take Bush's notion of a pre-emptive war to its logical conclusion and get something organised against those other ones you mentioned that might envy us with our comfortable life-styles. You know:

My apologies to everyone for using this topic for my rant. I needed to say it and I am getting sick of demagogues using the death of so many people to propagate their petty hatreds.

18. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I...

- Lit a candle
    - Prayed
    - Cried a lot
    - Thought about it a lot

But I couldn't bring myself to watch the Docu because I wouldn't be able to stand it.

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I understand you people hating them, I did too. And I wasn't even directly affected by it.
    I watched a small bit of some documentary, but it wasn't that interesting, so I went on SP instead.
    At school we had prayer (though I didn't offer one, falling on deaf ears if you ask me) and had a minutes silence.

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] i celebrated more than Elminister is wise and Drizzt is good at fighting. I do NOT like USA att all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.