1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What D&D Alignment are you?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by New, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'd have to say that I'm lawful neutral. It's just so, lawful, using the law to get what you want... lol

2. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Chaotic good. Obviously. :D :D :D

3. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Somedays Lawful Good, some days Chaotic Evil, depending on how I wake up, which depends on if I go to sleep, as a result depends on if i even woke up the morning before, therefore depending on... Oh, no, I've gone cross-eyed.

:yot: Well since korndreadlocks gave us permission, see ya New, Chev, O Great Scolder of Newbies, you want to start. Hehe, just playing.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Someone explain these concepts of "Good" and "Evil", and "Law" and "Chaos" to me, and how they apply to the real world and us. Then I'll talk about alignment.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Lawful neutral, when I'm not being lawful evil

6. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Aikanaro:
    I still think that people like that are quite rare, even if their number is big enough too ruin our world! ;)

@Korndreadlocks: Welcome, feel free to bring us all of your crazyness. :wave:

7. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'd say Lawful Neutral I'm just that sort of person. I'd say Neutral God, but it doesn't really fit.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, I am more or less of the evil alingment, possibly a neutral evil. But then agian, becvause I am insane, shouldn't that make me chaotic neutral?

So what if I hug someone and act like a carebear at one moment (it's all a ruse! a ruse!") and threaten to hang thenm from their feet to barbed wire and leave them to the ravens at the next?

9. Dreads Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Whopee! Someone noticed the weird rasta dude! Thousand thanks.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Chaotic Neutral. Simply, I fit it quite well. I tend to be quite mad, believe in a balance, feel cheated by laws and government and stuff, am totally unpredictable and probably have so many alignments swimming around my mind CN is the only one I can fit them all under.

11. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I'm not as serious about this whole alignment thing like Oaz, but thinking you can change alignment daily just makes me laugh. You can't be worshipping gods, helping people and making the world a better place one day, and be a homicidal maniac the other day.

I don't think that there are any evil persons around here. Evil doesn't only mean that you just care about yourself, or that you are greedy, or do whatever you want, it also means you like to hurt, oppress and kill others. So, don't call yourself evil, if you haven't either killed someone, or did some serious time in jail.

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Spent half an hour writing a reply and my computer dies :(
    Here comes try two.
    I don't know where I fit.
    Lawful and Chaotic.
    RotKU could be either. RotKU believes that everything should have a lawful system around it, which is the deffinition of Lawful. But then RotKU would also happily break any law if he saw it unjust or if more good would come from breaking the law than not.

Example:
    Person X has a terrible disease which the only known cure for it is owned by person Y. But person X is to poor to afford the cure, and person Y isn't going to give it away for free. RotKU wouldn't hessitate to steal the cure of Y and give it to X, even if it did mean breaking the law. But then if person X killed person Z for know reason RotKU would hope that person A (ran out of letters), who happens to be a police officer, arrests person X. And then person B, who is a lawyer, sees that person X is thrown in jail for the rest of his/her life.

Now the good or evil part:
    RotKU respects life and would never kill anything. But then saying that RotKU wouldn't mind if, to sucssed in something, some people ended up been homeless bums on the street.
    Lets take a look at another example, shall we?

Person X is a weathly business man, who controls half the worlds businesses. Now, RotKu, would not mind if person X became a homeless bum if RotKU took over X's job. But RotKU wouldn't take over X's job if it meant person Y and animal Z would die.

I think this makes me true nutral, but then all tests and everything including my own opinon say I'm Chaotic Good. (sigh) I don't know :confused:

13. Dreads Gems: 3/31

Most people who just wan't to live their own lives, with no thought of gvt's or any of that stuff, and with no real wont of either helping or hurting anyone is supposed to be TN.

Luckily, few IRL TN-people are as militant as the Forgotten Realms Harpers.

You wan't to help (for the sake of helping) you're good, you wan't to exploit and/or hurt, you're evil. Some may say t'is not this simple, though.

True Neutral=Indifference in both law/chaos and good/evil

14. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If Chaos means breaking laws of a system, then does that mean soldiers are doing chaotic acts in combat, because they are violating the laws of a system?

Also, if a madman goes about, stabbing people like he did yesterday, stealing trinkets like he did yesterday, and mocking the cops like he did yesterday, is he still Chaotic because, simply put, he's crazy?

:confused:

15. Dreads Gems: 3/31

With risk for going off topic, the Planescape: Torment view is in my opinion a little bit better, as the law, chaos and all that is in the person itself, instead of the world around them.

16. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

i was a bit surprise, i came out as true nuetral and i answered all the questions truthfully.I think its mainly because i dont give a **** about politics of any county even less about my own.

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Generally Neutral Good, though after a couple of months edging for Chaotic Good, I'm now edging towards Lawfull Good.

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Oaz: very right. You should be a more or less compatible DM ;)

@Dreadlocks: Harpers aren't all truly NN. Basically they lean heavily towards NG and quite of them even are so. Especially in comparison with standard druids, Harpers seem quite good. Of course they aren't such goodies as NG church of Lathander, but they're likely to leave you be if you're renowned LG, contrary to renowned CE who's one great bull's eye.

19. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Chaotic Neutral
    Chaotic: Dont give a damn about what others expect you to do. Yes it might get you into trouble later but so what!
    Neutral: Will help you if you need my help. Will help myself to what you have if I need it.
    Cheers :D

20. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Chaotic Evil. Or True Neutral (damn druids) They should have evil ones, ike Fallen-Paladins. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.