1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What are your PC's ability scores?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Silverstar- actually, I stopped playing because it became a pretty standard solo after I retrieved the right items, and plus, I got tired of playing an evil retard... Actually, now that I think of it, playing an evil retard did have some nice moments... Perhaps I should take him up to the end... :hmm:

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

But he is cool regardless! And you are a skillful player indeed if you made the game 'an easy solo' with that char!

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I once played a Wild Mage with really bad stats, you can always find items to make up for such flaws.
    My last character is an elven Swashbuckler nicknamed "Kestrel" (elf to get the bonus with swords) I just started Tutu with him (I was lucky):
    STR 12 CON 15 DEX 19 INT 13 WIS 13 CHA 17
    with UAI and the right weapons, items and scrolls I think he is likely to become very powerful (I like thieves because they are so self reliant)
    That's after the tomes:
    STR 13 CON 16 DEX 20 INT 14 WIS 16 CHA 18
    Slightly overpowered but he is only a rogue, not a warrior or a spellcaster.

4. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Currently playing a female paladin with the following stats, and took the first ones I rolled, total of 98, not complaining here!

STR:18/61
    DEX:13
    CON:14
    WIS:18
    INT:18
    CHR:17

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^No dex or con bonus but she is a very smart lass indeed!

6. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I say duel class you Pally to a mage. This is possible if you become a fallen Paladin after you accept your strong hold quest but don't complete it. Than what you do is you duel to a mage. Complete the strong hold quest and regain your Paladin status back.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

BUT will it cause bugs or crashes once you regain pally status? I heard that game engine does not allow illegal dual/multi classes and crash the game?

8. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

I heard it worked for the Paladin class. I am trying it for the Ranger class.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

REALLY?

This most interesting then, it would surely be a most unique character.

Will it say paladin/mage? And will it cause bugs upon transporting to ToB or by carrying th char. to another game?

Waht say you Lady Constance? Wanna try it?

10. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

I am not sure how it would work in TOB but it worked for me in the SoA, unpatched. I wonder if that is why it worked for me?

I will hopefully find out if my Ranger can dual to a mage in a full patched game.

11. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I just might try that, since I have tried just about every other class out there, but never thought of dualing a paladin. Matter of fact this is the first time I have actually tried playing a paladin, and my game got buggy due to the Virtue mod. I went in and changed one line in the scripting, and it is fine now. If has bugs out the butt, well then maybe I can go and play with this or that in the programming and see if I can find a way to override it.

The buggiest game I ever tried playing with was with using the BETA version of Unfinished Business. Not only did I have dialogue appear in the wrong places by some NPC's not even in my party, but by the time we got to spellhold and my character had turned into the Slayer for the first time, and Bodhi comes in all amazed, well that line went on over and over again in an endless loop until you left Brynnlaw Island.

My all time favorite time through the game was with a CG female swashbuckler. Even had Catherine Zeta Jones pic from the first Zorro as my characters pic. It was all good. Played clerics, my second favorite to thieves, sorcerers, mages and fighters dualed with almost everything. Played a druid once, and probably won't again...boring. Rangers are all good, and almost as fun to play as thieves. Thought of playing a female cleric once and would like to use character pictures different than what they provide to you. I would love to play a female cleric sometime with my character's pic being Sally Field dressed as the flying nun...

I say it can't hurt, I'll try it when I finish this current game :)

12. Black Drakem Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

General mage/human
    int 18
    wis 18
    con 18
    dex 18
    cha 13
    str 15

It was 15 minutes of rolling...()
    And now after hell trials and madmans maschine
    several times playing over and over
    everthing is about 24-25

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Several times playing over and over?

But you also lose ability scores during certain events in the game, in dream sequences and hell trials as well. How did you cope with it? :confused:

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Silverstar:
    You lose, what, one point in Chapter 4? Compare that to six in WK, and probably as many or more in Hell, depending on how you play it. You don't necessarily have to take the good path and lose Dex on the Selfish trial, either. :evil:

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Point taken, but still, if the PC chooses good options in Hell Trials it is very likely that he will be hurt, ability score wise.

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Okay, so that's a grand total of two lost (one DEX, one chosen) and eight gained (extra two are WIS and CHA). I really have no idea how you're coming at this, but number-wise it's almost as good as BG1 with the tomes.

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

OK, but it is still hard to reach a 24+ in dex score if you always do good and choose dex drop. Just a thought anyway!

18. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My PC character:

Eowyn (I couldn't think of name!)
    Female, Half-Elf, Priest of Helm, Lawful Neutral
    STR: 15
    DEX: 12
    CON: 17
    INT: 12
    WIS: 18
    CHA: 12

total of 86 points!

19. Incarnate Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

gnome cleric/illusionist

STR: 10
    DEX: 18
    CON: 14
    INT: 18
    WIS: 17
    CHA: 9
    And he has to finish a game with Tactics, Improved Battles, Ascension solo :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.