1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What and where do you eat when you go out?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Crawl, Oct 22, 2001.

1. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Though I don't eat out nearly as often as I used to (if only I could break loose from this damned keyboard), I prefer good Italian food over all else. Again, since I don't eat out all that often, I usually go to really nice retaurants when I do. Fusion can also be interesting though some of the dishes are just plain bizarre.

2. void Guest

I love italian food (pizza+pasta) and I enjoy sovlaki aswell. My mother cooks alot af pasta and pizza sometimes too. We get fast food sometimes but not often.

Cheers, Void.

3. Well I usually go out to A & W, Wendy's etc. But with my parents I go to fancy restaurants that cost $20 for a meal for each of us.

4. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] If you are looking for a great steak house, you have to come to Texas(for Texas Land & Cattle and also Saltgrass Steak House).

Best prime rib i have ever had in my life!!!!!

-Saltgrass may or may not be a chain, not sure.-

I love where i live!

5. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] You are absolutely right, jack. Living in Dallas-Fort Worth is like a constant gastronomic jubilee. Dallas has the best sandwich shop I've ever eaten at -- a little place called River Cafe tucked just below the Valor Telecom headquarters. Also, the best steakhouse I've ever eaten at -- Saltgrass, as he mentioned. The best of any restaurant I've ever visited anywhere is Newport's in downtown Dallas. Oh... my... gosh... but, be prepared to spend at least $30 to eat there. We managed, with tip, to spend 160 for three men. Yikes!

6. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i like anything i cook and i like mexican resturants

7. Mirkwood Guest

Any place that sells good steaks... thick juicy raw steaks dripping with blood and still mooing.

8. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I usually go out to a chinese place, my favorite is a local place run by the family of one of my friends. I generally order mushu pork, pepper steak, and green onion pork. Of course I have rice, and sometimes if I think my stomach is in the shape for it I like sushi, especially flounder, and spicy tuna rolls.

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

[​IMG] This reminds me of this weird topic that was up a while ago: "What do you do on Sunday's at 8pm?". Was kinda funny.

Well, back to the subject. I like Italian and turkish food. In Denmark we have lots of italian restaurants, but only one Real turkish REASTAURANT (the others are shawarma/dürüm places), adn that one is bad.

10. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

I didn't realize you were from texas as well, capstone...

Great ain't it:p

11. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Heh. I'm not. I've just lived in many different places. Actually, I'm originally from Arizona, and that's where my heart's still at. (Arizona Mex is better than Tex Mex, too :) )

12. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

hmm...

wouldn't know, i have never moved(only 15,so i still depend on my parents alittle).

13. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I usually want sushi because it's the one thing I can't cook. I was a chef in France in my previous career and there is very little in most European or North American restaurants that I couldn't do myself for a lot cheaper. We usually spend about $50 CDN (about $35 American) for the two of us and have a huge quantity of nigiri sushi, California maki, ikura sushi (the salmon roe) and spici tuna hand rolls. It's an addiction.

14. idoru Gems: 11/31

Kitiara:
    Actually, it's smorgasbord. Don't mind me, it's Sweden's one and only contribution to the english language (let's not even talk about how many swedish words were borrowed from english).. so I get picky!

I always seem to eat chinese, which is unhealthy, coz I'm actually getting tired of it. Could be coz I do a lot of asian cooking myself these days, and I find myself liking my own stuff better than theirs... Hmm, narcissistic.

[This message has been edited by idoru (edited November 04, 2001).]

15. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If I have four bucks, you'll find me at Great China with a few of my friends during the day. I usually try to change it up a bit but I get sweet and sour chicken or a lo mien concoction :) The eggrolls are the absolutely the best, light and crispy. Great for dipping in egg drop soup. Gawd dammit, I wish I had four bucks. ;)

Any of you blokes go to specific restaurants because they remember you or know one of your friends by name? Those are the best. You get treated like a king. I figure if any waiter/waitress host/hostess remembers me, I gotta tip very well.

16. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Heh, the family I lived with in Dallas was like that. We went to several restaurants, and at each one, not only did the waiters know them by their first names, but they even had a special table that they always sat at. Talk about treatment. :D

EDIT: I should mention that this family tipped rather well -- 20% was their standard tip, and could easily be more. :heh:

[This message has been edited by Capstone (edited November 06, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.