1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weird Deus Ex problem?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Gehn, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Ok, this one is very perplexing. Basicly, the dialogues have gone extremely screwy. No-one will ever finish what they are saying. They just keep getting cut off before they finish. This goes for ANY piece of dialouge there is in the game.
    Secondly: Movement is dramaticly sped up. For example whenever i run, it's like i have Level 4 speed augmentation active. But this goes for everyone else in the game too. I mean god damn, when you start off at the docks at the begining of the game, Paul reaches you in about 3seconds!

I am operating on win xp pro, and have dowloaded and installed the patch. Help is much needed, please.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    That's weird. Im playing deus ex on XPpro at the moment. Are you playing thegame of the year edition, and what verion patch are you using?

3. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Right, i'm not playing the game of the year edition, and i have the big multiplayer patch, v.1112. Any other ideas? :(

4. Takara

Media:
    By adding the patch, you are at the same version as myself. hmm, maybe your configuration settings aren't right. When you configured deus ex, did you select a direct 3d driver. The problem sounds like it is a graphics prob. I found xp pro can be tempremental over drivers for 3d rendering.

5. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Thanks for the speedy replies Takara :) Yup, i selected direct 3d driver. I also tried running it in win98 compatability mode. It's still screwy.

6. Takara

Media:
    Right, the 3d device sounds o.k. There are no other display adjustments that should be causing a conflict. I take it you have a decent graphics card?

7. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Yep i do. I have a Ge-force 5?? i think, anyhow, it's better than the one that i had on my last p.c and there were no problems playing Deus-Ex on that.

8. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well Deus Ex has always had some problems with GeForce cards and I would assume that they are the reason for your problem, you might consider trying different drivers (older/newer) to see if they make any difference.

9. Takara

Media:
    I have a winfast Geforce and no prob.

10. Gehn Gems: 7/31

So what should i try now :confused:
    Man, all i want to do is play the god damn game...this would have never happened with windows ME...

11. Takara

Media:
    No, but WINme is truely awful. The only thing I can think of is that your version of the game is too old for xp. You can pick up a budget version for £5. Not a great option, but it is xp compatible. Of couse, sod's law states that the new one wont work either.

12. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Haha, and sods law seems to follow me relentlessly. Thanks anyway Takara.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh, I had/have the exact opposite problem with Deus Ex, when I try to run it runs like I had a P75 processor and 16mb of ram. Slooooooow and jumpy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.