1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weird bug - can't unequip items

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Rawgrim, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I have noticed something wierd in the game, that has happened during both my playthroughs (PC version). About half-way into the game, when I am in camp, and leveling up my characters, my own characters equipment gets stuck. What happens is that after I level up a few characters, my own character can`t remove armour pieces thats equipped. I can remove it in the inventory screen, but when I close the inventory screen, my character is still wearing it. Even when its not equipped. My characters weapons also got messed up. One of his longswords is "upside down" on his back.

Anyone else encounter this annoying bug? And if so; how do I fix it?

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I've never had that bug, have you tried saving and reloading?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I haven't either. The closest bug I have is that periodically the weapon animation gets screwed up so that my bow looks like my two daggers. Works just fine, but looks weird, and it fixes itself after a while.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    The only bug I had so far was an invisible barrier remaining in place of a door but that is nothing a save and reload wouldn't fix.

This was without any mods. I've been using mods a lot and I haven't run into anything serious yet (knock on wood).

Rawgrim, you say that it happens half way into the game, could it be a save game corruption? Do you use different slots to save your game?

5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

I tried using different saves, yes. When I reload, everything is fine, but when I level up my characters in camp, it happens again. i noticed it usually happens when I level up someone I haven`t leveled up in awhile. Usually its Sten, or Zevran that sets this off. I also tried leveling up my characters often. Whenever I can. It still happens though. I re-installed the game now, and patched it. Will see if it happens again. I have never encountered any othe bugs, by the way.

6. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Never had that bug so far. The only ones I've had were the invisible door ones, the weapon switch bug and a rare shapeshift bug (you remain in human form while shapeshifted).
    The last one is actually quite interesting, seeing a mage actually use his staff as a melee weapon...

Anyway are you sure you it wasn't the mods? You're not using using the level up stats bug, are you? I read that bug can corrupt your character if you lower their stats below normal.

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Never used any mods for the game. Only thing I have used is the Shale DLC. Thats it.

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I've had it, but only with mods installed. Without 'em, it was fine. The only solution I found was to save and then reload- not too much effort really as the bug didn't crop up much. Odd that you've got it without any mods though.

9. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Wow... I honestly never realized that you could level up your party in camp. I always click on the + sign to level up my characters, which isn't visible in camp. I really feel like saying... "duh" to myself.

I realize this isn't the point of your thread, but thanks for providing this "revelation" nonetheless!

10. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Hehe. I am glad my frustration was able to help others.

11. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Indeed! I always thought it was wierd that I couldn't level up in camp. What other area would be more appropriate. Shows what I know.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.