1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weight Problems!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Help me people! My weight is of only 49 killos. I don't eat all that much and I do do some sports from time to time... Do you have any ideeas on PUTTING ON SOME WEIGHT???

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Er, isn't weighing 49 kilos a good thing?

What's your ideal, anyway...?

3. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It depends on the person. The age, the size, etc.
    In a full-grown person, 49 kilos is EXTREMELY light.

I don't know what age you are Kelvon, or how tall you are, but I understand that you want to put on some weight. (this is a good thing)

Of course, I would suggest eating a bit more. Don't stop doing sports - just don't overdo it.

If you can't eat more, try eating food with less fibre. Don't eat too much fatty food - it is easy to gain weight (most of the time), but it is hard to lose weight if you are overweight.

Remember to eat a healthy, balanced diet.

4. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

49??? That's light, I am 1.86 mt and I wheigh 98 and I'm still looks fat, I was in the line of 110 2 months ago but my ideal is from 85 to 90.
    And if you want to get "fat" just eat and do nothing, jejeje.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

There's your problem: eat more often. Bread with lots of meat/cheese/tomato/etc every morning, solid dinner (no quick-dinners, mind), and something filling every evening (like a mix of fruits with yoghort). It might be a bit expensive, but you really need to put on at least 6-10 kg. Not just for a month or two, but permanently.

I know because I have a similar problem: 55kg/180cm, which means I'm short of about 5kg. I simply cannot get stouter no matter how much I eat.

6. Newfie Banned

Eat. Eat. Eat. Sit down and force yourself to eat extra portions every meal. And eat more often. Consider having six meals a day of smaller portions than three big meals a day. It is better for your metabolism and digestion.

Eat foods high in carbs (pasta, potatos, bread, cereals and oatmeal, rice and anything made with white flour). Carbs are the body's main source for energy. Avoid sugary foods (although some are alright in moderation if you are skinny) for sugar breaks down quickly into fat and not only that, is terrible for your teeth. Eat lots and lots and lots of protein if you play sports because protein helps the body repair and build muscle. Great sources of protein are chicken, fish, red meat and eggs. Eat lots of dairy products (milk, cheese and yogurt are a must). Fruits and vegetables are also essential because they supply the body with essential vitamins and roughage that are not only healthy but help the body break down other foods. There have been actual facts of rabbit hunters in the Canadian wilderness starving to death while eating abundant sources of red meat. The problem was, in order for the body to digest the meat, minerals were required from vegetables to break it down. Fresh fruit and vegetables were non existant in the hunter's diet. So their bodies weakened without these essential minerals and they ate themselves to death. ( a good story to tell your kids who do not eat their vege's. lol).

The most underrated fact of a healthy diet is water. Lots and lots of it. The more you drink, the better. You will quickly realize an acceptable rate when the ratio of your water intake coincides with your trips to the bathroom. But remember, the benefits of water to the body are so numerous that I don't have the time and space to write here.

The bottom line is this: Whatever food source that comes directly from animals or nature is good for you. Processed foods, canned foods or packaged foods I avoid. Eat every vegetable or fruit fresh if you can. Boiling and processing them robs them of valuable nutrients.

A few more things to note. How old are you? If you are going through puberty, expect your body to change and your metabolic rate to speed up. Your body is growing and needs lots of food and minerals to keep up with the rate.

Also if you are going to follow up on my ideas, expect your food bill to go up. I gave up my weekend drinking binges to supply my food demands and as a result I feel and look a lot healthier.

If you are looking on putting on muscle mass, there is only one way to do it. Pumping iron. (If you are in your teens or early twenties, you might just want to concentrate on your regular exercise routine. See a nutritionist or check online for the million of nutritionist sites).

If you are going to pump iron, you might want to consider whey protein powders which provide the body with a massive dose of absorbable protein to supply your body with it's growing demand of muscle repair and building. One shake a day is usually enough. And avoid any quick fixes like creatine or steroids. Creatine is not only expensive but after you quit taking it, you lose most of what you gained. In order to maintain it, you have to buy more so it becomes an expensive circle.You will also experience muscle and stomach cramps and diarrhea. Not fun. Some nutritionists swear by the stuff but I am always wary of quick fixes. And steroids are a death sentence. Avoid at all costs. Body hair growth, acne, testicular shrinking, severe mood swings (sometimes violent or depressive) and elevated heart rates that can shorten life expectancy is too high a price to pay to get big.

Remember, eating is one of the rare joys in life that is done on a regular basis. What you put into your body usually reflects what it looks like. A balanced and healthy diet increases life expectancy, gives you a better sense of well being, allows your body to fend off and bounce back from disease and sickness faster, as well as supplying you with more energy. When you consider all these elements might rely on such simple choices as skipping breakfast or the choice of salad or fries, you will realize the importance of each and every meal.

7. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

i'm 1.70mt tall. i'm 18 years old, so I might grow some more. Sydax, I don't want t get fat, I want to get heavyer and stronger. I'd like to be somewhere around 60 killos.

Aik, you've dissapointed me :)
    Thanks for the help Jazhara, I'll keep that in mind.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

170cms ,60kg and 19 years old and I think I'm underweight. Recently I've been eating all the good stuff - roast beef, gravy, potatoes, peas and carrots for dinner every night - and that put on 3 kgs in all the right places.

If you want to put on weight start doing heavy weights (about 10-20 reps for all the muscle groups about 3 times a day every 2-3 days) and you'll bulk up.

9. Newfie Banned

You are doing too much, Abomination. Consider doing 3 exercises of 8-10 heavy reps for two different bodygroups each day. I am an amateur bodybuilder for the past ten years. I am sure you must spend hours doing that routine and you are overtraining. What happens after too many repeated sets is lactic acid builds up in your muscles and actually starts breaking down your muscle mass. As a result, you are not reaching your full potential. Less is more. And seperate your body groups effeciently as well. Doing triceps and chest in one day is overkill and overtraining because you are pretty well exercising the same muscles. Consider biceps and chest one day, legs and shoulders the next, triceps and back the next. Do three days like this and take a day off. The day off lets your muscles repair and build and gives you a rest from routine.Watch your strength boom if you follow this routine.

All that extra time you now have left over from doing the repeated sets you can do some aerobic exercise such as swimming, jogging, walking, biking or rowing. Me, I like to hit the heavy bag for twenty five minutes which gives me an amazing cardio workout and is not as boring as the above mentioned exercises. Cardio with weight training gives you the amazing cut look you see on all the men's health mags.

10. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

thanks guys! you've been great help! the :beer: is on me tonight!

11. Newfie Banned

If you are interested in weight training, Kelvon, I can give you a beginner's guide that will increase strength and size. I have my CFC (Certified Fitness Consultant) and am more than glad to help any young person who is interested in his health.

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Do you smoke? If you do, then give up, you'll put on loads of weight

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do what I do. Eat more, move less and make loads of beer dissappear.

My beer belly is coming a long nicely. A few more years of destroying my liver and it will be near perfection.

14. Newfie Banned

Your first heart attack might ruin your sense of humour, Barmy.

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Heh, not that I do that many. I am a casual worker-outer (?) and I do only do two muscle groups every now and again. Just being a little 'extreme' in my suggestion considering how light our friend here is. But the one thing he does want to do is bulk, not tone.

16. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I know what you mean Kelvon, is just that my english is too short to express correctly.

17. Newfie Banned

If Kelvon wants to bulk, he's got to eat, period. Work out all you want, if the building blocks aren't there, he is just wasting his time. If he eats, and wants to gain maximum muscle mass, he's got to do max 10 reps per exercise, three exercises per body group. Abomination, I think the confusion lay in your wording (" about three times a day", I am sure you meant three times a week.) Sorry, if this was the case. LOL.

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I hate you Kelvon.

:p

19. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Disregard whatever all those above said :shake: , I didnt have time to read it. Instead, do what I tell you.

Eat alot, all the time. You should never feel hungry.

Work out, every day. Go as heavy as you can for 6 reps, and atleast 4 sets. Push yourself every time you go to the weightroom. As I said, work out every day, but never train the same muscles 2 days in a row. Here is a page that can give you some great pointers and programs: www.abcbodybuilding.com (Just because its a bodybuilding site doesent mean you have to be a bodybuilder to read it)

Eat some more. Buy a "gainer" protein shake.

Now, I know this stuff sounds a bit expencive (especially a gym card (which you will need)) but if you have the money use it. Its an investment in your self. If you cant afford it, just keep eating.

20. Ravynn Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

For once, I agree with Joaquin. I hate you all, d@mn skinny people. Phooey!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.