1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Webcomics!

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Iku-Turso, May 23, 2007.

1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    There's a lot of people reading webcomics in here, I should gather, and a lot of you know a lot of good webcomics. Let's recommend the one's that we like to all the people in here:

Everybody should know Order Of The Stick by now, but what about the other comic in giantitp.com, Erfworld? I like Jamie Naguchi's art and I'd say it's plenty of reason to check what that comic is about. (The OotS link will get you to giantitp.com)

8-bit Theatre is a must. You've heard about it, now go git there. One of the funniest webcomics I've encountered; tickles my funnybone at least...

I've gotten into liking Goblins - Life through Their Eyes It's got a good story going on. Both funny and touching. Nice art as well.

My absolute favourite is however Zebra Girl. Fantastic artwork, dark and deeply touching storyline, which makes the humour even funnier. Original in many ways. Fantastic comic. I recommend wholeheartedly.

So here's mine favourites...what's yours?

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i just started oots, frickin hilarious. im on 200 something now.

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I read OOTS, Erfworld and Goblins, but haven't checked 8-bit theatre and Zebra girl out yet. Guess I'll have to have a look. I also read:

Girl Genius- a long reaching storyline that is spilt into two parts. One is earlier on and the second strip is later. Both get updated frequently.

Although it may not interest many peple here due to being based on Warhammer 40K, Turn Signals on a Land Raider is a good comic.

The Noob is a good read for anyone who plays an MMO, or has a reasonable idea of how one works.

Questionable Content is a popular comic with many updates. Very good read, even if I don't get all of the indie jokes.

I've recently started Errant Story , so I'm not sure just how good it is, but the story is shaping up quite nicely.

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    OotS rules!

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal dumb enough to be funny :D

Penny Arcade best-damn-game-comic-period.

Questionable Content... aah,I love hot indie girls, Pintsize is the best robot ever (who else makes a saving LOL :lol: ), I wanna coffee place and a blue house.

UNSPEAKABLE VAULT (Of Doom), my brother's favourite. I'm not so addicted to Cthulhu as he is, but the thing is just so cute.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ehh, I follow a few.

OotS, Erfworld, Goblins, Ctrl-alt-del, Commissioned, Nodwick (I check their site), Drowtales, Girl Genius and sometimes a few others. I've had an on-and-off thing with the Penny Arcade, but I miss more than I catch.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Antiseptic Poetry - the guys just went through a crisis and are starting over with it. Great if you like "realistic" looking women.

DnDorks - a DnD comic which starts out innocently enough

Dueling Analogs - all about games.

Magical Princess Anya - only a month old (updates on Mondays), it's a very funny view of those anime cartoons

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    We are online, right? Everyone knows that once on the internet, every women's bra size increases massively and their waist shrinks. To consider otherwise is akin to heresy! :rolleyes:

8. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Okay, a lot of the ones I read have been mentioned already, but...

Bob & George - may contain coarse language

Apparently the first sprite comic, and home to a score of sub-comics and other fun stuff (it does seem as if Dave is winding his comic down very soon, though)

Sluggy Freelance - may contain occasional gratuitous violence

a long-lived comic for those archive readers ;) Tends to 'Mary Worth' style drama from time to time, but still gets plenty of silliness, and Pete often gets help (like right now) from one of my fave comic artists, Clay Yount.

I Am Geek - no big NSFW issues...

A more recent comic, but with a nice style of satirizing the fanatic comic/tv/movie geek; still manages to be funny instead of insulting...

Cosmobear - no warnings...yet

A recent comic started just before a 'required rest' period by Clay Yount (quo vadis) Sounds promising but is starting to get erratic due to other requirements of his time, getting married, guesting over at Sluggy, and also doing the following:

Rob & Elliot - nope, IIRC, quite safe for work

Originally by Clay & Hampton, now apparently just Clay's baby.

Then, on the 'missing in action' list at the bottom of my 'webcomics' bookmark folder:

Bigger Than Cheeses - may contain gratuitous violence

Originally an M$Paint comic with serious psychopathic tendencies (but in a funny way) started by Des 'Goon' Seah from Something Awful forums; actually developed in style, plot (and artistic skill)
    and helped me realize that there are LOTS of webcomics out there that have long-haired blond guys that wear sunglasses - Sluggy's Riff, BtC's Duke, PvP's Brent... :mommy:

Alien Loves Predator - may 'adult' subject matter

What if a Giger Alien and a Predator became roomies in New York City? Very telling about the 'New Yorker' mentality, but also has plenty of geeky jokes relating to the central characters, as well as having a fairly unique style of using posable figurines for creating the comic.

Currently also on 'hiatus' - maybe Bernie is busy being a dad to his twins...

9. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

10. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    Among the previously mentioned webcomics I read Oots and Goblins and I'm surprised not to see Elf Only Inn mentioned since it was on sorcerers place I found out about it.

One of my all time favorites is Hellbound . All I can say is that it's absolutely hilarious

Also there's "Stuff Sucks". a comic about a bunch of people and a record store. Unfortunately it currently has some problem with it's archive so you'll have to go here for the time being Stuff Sucks index of strips

Gone With Blastwave has one of the best artwork I've seen in a webcomic and it's pretty darn funny but unfortunately it's on hiatus.
    It features a post apocalyptic landscape and three fractions (red blue and yellow) fighting for survival.

VG Cats is always good for a laugh if you appreciate gaming humor

Then there is Grim Tales From Down Below who's art is well on par with Blastwave. It is a spin off on the cartoon network show Grim and evil.
    The same artist (Bleedman) has also made a Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi (fan manga)

And last but not least I read Holy Bibble

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Aside from CAD and OotS (and naturally Erf), I read a couple of cat comics:
    Two Lumps has a sort of Pinky & The Brain vibe between two housecats; one of them stupid beyond belief while the other orders plutonium over the internet. :shake: Currently doing a guest strip binge while they arrange for the printing of their first book.

Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures, or DMFA for short, is an anthro comic, and typically rather light fun. But if you're looking for something darker, head to the Abel's Story section. And if there's anything you don't get about the world this takes place in, the comic's creator Amber has made up a Demonology 101 section for explanation of the basics, though it is only about half done.

And no SP webcomic list would be complete without a comic made by one of our very own. Swiftbow's Planescape Survival Guide only updates weekly, but it's nevertheless a must for any SPer who's played or is thinking about playing PS:T.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Since everyone's idea of "realistic" is relative, I put it in quotes. I like how Danny and Donny draw them - big, luscious and like these women enjoy eating food.

13. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    CAD There's a robot, do I need to say more?
    OotS Memorize your Magic missiles, take your D8s, and enjoy this comic
    Xkcd A tale of science and Romance!
    Vgcats A comic for the meow in you!

As for 8-bit theater, I don't read it anymore, the plot moves so slowly it's annoying and most of the gags aren't funny anymore. I think this one jumped the shark long ago.

15. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Man, that Dr McNinja's really something.

"I didn't think ninjas had super strength!"
    "He's a doctor too!"

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Has anyone else added to their list from what others have posted? I've bookmarked The Noob and Swiftbow's PS Survival Guide.

18. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

how about LAST BLOOD ?
    the story is about vampires trying to save the last humans on earth from being killed by the zombie hordes so that they can feed on them

19. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I've added Zebra girl to my list of webcomics. Since I draw alot myself I find it quite appealing.
    Also thanks to this thread I finally started reading Dr McNinja, something I should have done a long time ago :p

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I took the Noob, CAD and Hellbound (I'd been thinking about the first two, but the third was sweet serendipity), as well as 'recovering' several comics I forgot the url's to when my hard drive came to a screeching halt.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.