1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WC qualifying rounds

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Pac man, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I guess everyone's playing tonight, so how is your nation doing right now ?

We're leading 2-0 against Romania, nothing out of the ordinary, except that we need the win in order to stay ahead of the Czechs.

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

0-0 with the Turks. Not much quality but a lot of passion. Now we have to win Ukraine in order to take the second place and give an extra quilifying game.

3. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

AFAIK Greece has to lose tonight in order for us to have ANY chance to qualify - slim as it might be.

EDIT: Misread BOC's post. Turkey - Greece ended 0-0 but that doesn't matter since I was wrong on almost all accounts :D Apparantly, a tie was the best result for us, but that doesn't change the fact that a Danish second place is a long shot at best...

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Which sport's World Cup are we talking about here?

5. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

HB, if it's not specified it's football (not the american kind). Haven't you learned that already? ;)

6. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Our heroic loosers managed to screw it once again just when I thought that they may actually win. (as always I should say)
    Count Bulgaria out of the finals (for the first time in many years, aaargh!!!)
    Go Croatia!!! Two thumbs up for you on the finals!!! :thumb:

7. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

3-1 against Bulgaria.
    Thanks Myth! ;)

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    0-0 against Montenegro...well, at least we didn't lose..

But our Juju won Roland Garros earlier today. 6-1 6-1 :D

9. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@ Uytuum: Roland Garros final is between a Spanish guy and an Argentinian: I am from Argentina living in Spain, so who I should stay with? jejeje...
    As for football, Spain was winning last night 1 to 0 to Lithuania, I don't know how the match ended; as for Argentina, is losing against Ecuador 1 to 0 and is about to end :(

10. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@ Sydax:
    I'm sure Uytuun is refering to Justine Henin-Hardenne who won her final 6-1, 6-1. Sure, the final in the men's tournament is between "a Spanish guy and an Argentinian" but there's also a tournament for women at the French Open :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and regarding who you should stay with. Just do like the Brits and root for the underdog - go Tim! (In your case that would be Puerta.)

11. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    SCOTLAND WON!!

a great 2-0 win over Moldova, which grealty increases our chance of actually quailifying, Walter Smith has done wonders with the team.

12. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Oh yes, I know, I like to watch tenis and I knew Justine won the game (love to see Mary loosing because I get bored just to watch her serving one game); I just got confused because Uytuun said 'Juju'.
    By the way, Argentina lost to Ecuador (2-0) and Spain won to Lithuania (1-0); next wednesday: Argentina-Brasil (Brasilians are going to bring their own water because the scandal of WC90) and Spain-Bosnia.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    6-0 win, against the mighty football nation of Malta! We have pretty much the 2nd place secured and need to win away against Croatia to take the 1st place.

14. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Is this the womens tournament were talking about?

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    @Victor Eremita and Sydax and quite *Off topic*, but anyway, yes I was refering to Justine Henin-Hardenne, her nickname is Juju...

It's the qualifications for the men's WC football we're talking about Tap Dancing Oyster, sorry for the confusion.

16. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Uytuun, I was just pulling your leg. I'm just waiting for September and October (England's last 4 qualifiers)

17. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

I almost wrote an answer to Tap Dancing Oyster too, but then I saw he/she is from England and figured it had to be a joke :D

Anyways, we're playing against Albania tonight and we have to win in order to keep any chance of qualifying.

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    See, cases like that one show us why using smileys is handy. :) (The :) smiley indicates that I'm not being sarcastic and the :p smiley at the end of this sentence indicates that I'm just teasing you with this silly explanation. :p ).

And because we want to stay on topic: Belgium will be needing a miracle to get through, but hey, we're keeping our hopes up. ;)

19. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Well, we're winning again, 4-0 in Helsinki against Finland. It wasn't all that good to watch, but at least we keep winning. 11 matches in a row undefeated now. :D

20. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

0-1 defeated by Ukraine. We were better, we had some goal opportunuties but Ukraine scored in their unique opportunity in the whole game. We still have hopes for the second place but now things are more difficult.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.