1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WC Football started!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shadowcouncil, May 31, 2002.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That may be true Ragusa but I didnt think they were this bad. They were a disgrace. They managed to get to the second round in -94 so a score like this shouldnt be possible. Here is a quote from Gary Lineker "Football is a simple game, you play for 120 minutes and Germany wins on penalties." They might be a darkhorse

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I know, but Germany is not what is once was..... I don't think they will win the cup this time....

A pity to see countries like Saudi Arabia in the WC... and no Netherlands... :(

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Think we can say that the level of the teams in the WC is a lot lower than the general level in the European Championships.

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Too bad all the matches are on such early houres,I'm going to miss most of the interesting ones because I'm at school :(

5. Buddas Hand Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have 2 points

1. Shame on france to losing to some african country I can remember.

2. Soccer is a wimpish game as Rugby is a much better game ( even league and Gridiron are better)

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Why is it a shame to loose against some african country? Is it a shame to loose against brazil too?

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

1-0 to England against Sweden at the moment. Still got a while to play though :)

[Edit]

Nooo! :( Sweden equalised

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited June 02, 2002).]

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    3 to 1 for Spain. Boohoo... :wail:

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wohoo!! Sweden finally *played* football! Their second half was the best they have done in years. We dont need to be ashamed atleast. Buddas Hand, it is no shame to lose against Senegal. They played excellent, Africa is a continent to reckon with. The real lousy teams generally comes from the middle east and Asia. A bit sad as they are very interested in football and should be able to contribute alot more than they do.

BTW Wildfire, England didnt impress me, they were really bad. Something drastic needs to happen for them not to be forced out of the tournament at the group stage.

10. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

I stopped watching when Spain scored the seond one. Who scored for Slovenia? Don't worry, from what I've seen of the game you have a fair chance of beating RSA and probably Paraguay...

EDIT: Damn it. I like to see Brazil win, but not like that! A non-existant penalty to take the lead in the 87th minute?? Cmon...

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited June 03, 2002).]

11. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The world cup always amuses me... Its when you're watching some obscure country play, and you think "that strikers quite good"; then the commentator tells you they play for macclesfield or something :)

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Poor Tal ;)

Brasil - Turkey was sick. The red card was really the only card the referee could make.... but he never should have given the penalty kick. The brasilian guy struggled and felt in the 16-meter area, but the foul was started and made outside the penalty-area... so it was a free kick and no penalty. And Rivaldo is a sucker.... he was hit on his leg and he felt with his hands on his face, trying to convince te referee that he was hit in his face... however I think it was indeed a yellow card, the act is sick....

13. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Liverpool's bought Senegal's striker Diouff :)

14. joacqin

Media:
    Damn I cant help but love Italy, those dude know exactly how much effort to put into the games. They toyed with Ecuador, scored two fast goals and then chilled for the rest of the game in total control. Perhaps not very entertaining but its freaking cool :D

Yes Rivaldo is a sucker but it was a yellow card and it was the turks second one so the red was correct. I agree on the penalty though, free kick but its very hard to see everything.

15. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Brasil.. grrr
    Yeah it should've been a free kick. And Rivaldo is such a faker :flame:
    It was a good game though. :)

16. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Tomorrow is gonna be a big day for Belgium (that's where I live). They have to play against Japan. Japan has an advantage as they play at home and a lot of our best players are injured, so I don't expect them to win, but I keep hoping.

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Brasil left-wing-attacker, Denilson showed some really great soccer. :) I enjoyed the math, however the end was not good... and Turkye didn't deserve to loose this way.

Uytuun ---> I'll watch that match! I bet my money on a 1-1 draw.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited June 03, 2002).]

18. joacqin

Media:
    Denilson impressed alot on me, when I have seen him before he has dribbled alot but not getting anywhere now he went straight for the goal or the pass and he did some mighty fine dribbling! This WC rules! Every day is a great day!

19. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Not here in Norway. Pay TV bought the whole championships, and we only have one of the three swedish channels which are showing the games :(.

20. joacqin

Media:
    I feel for my norwegian brothers! That is evil? How could NRK let that happen? It is a scandal! Here Pay tv bought some matches too but only about a third of them, but the good thing is that danish and swedish TV overlap on many occasions! :D
    When no swedish channel shows a game, there is a big chance one of the danish ones does! The same is truth vice verse. Sweet! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.