1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WarCraft III -New Player Questions-

Discussion in 'Warcraft & Starcraft' started by Aces, Sep 14, 2008.

1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    A HA!
    This is where you enjoy the marvels of the map editor. I'm sure you can find some water-combat maps if you search hard enough (or, hell, try making them. If you want single player I wish you luck creating the AI :borg: It goes out of its way to be obscure and difficult)

2. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

The naval combat added is with buyable mercs though. It's not the awesome battleship/juggernaught battles that we know and love.

3. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I'm guessing since the addition of heroes, they didn't want people to waste time with naval battles.

4. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Your memory is slipping. :bad:
    I started the Orc campain and he's back at level one without the items.

The game strated to get boring mid-way through the undead campain so I took a break and played some Arena.
    :sleep:

But...
    The undead campain ended with a bang and the Orc canpain s moving along smoothly.

5. Fly2tHeSkY

Not like it matters.. You find WAY better items in the first level of the Orc campaign anyway.

6. Aces Gems: 19/31

Don't the Orcs have any healers!? :bang:

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Unfortunately in WCIII the orcs have little in the way of healing - as in NOTHING. In the expansion this changes though, as to add a little balance. Even in the expansion however, the Orcs are clearly the weakest race.

8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    :lol: I remember that feeling...

Grunts were always the basis of my economy there. :p

9. Fly2tHeSkY

Well a lot of things are improved in the expansion. All races get a nice lil' bump up in power. Unfortunately, Undead and Night Elf get a HUGE bump up in power, making them even MORE overpowered.

10. Aces Gems: 19/31

They finaly gave me some Troll witch doctors who upon fully upgrading can cast a healing ward.

More than halfway through the Orc campain though... :p

11. Fly2tHeSkY

Considering the fact that to actually CAST a healing ward, you need a fully upgraded Witch Doctor AND the fact that they don't stack AND the fact that they die in ONE hit , I find it a pathetic skill. I guess since it's the Orc's only form of healing (in Reign of Chaos at least) it'll have to do, although I still don't consider it a decent form of healing, in a fight at least.

It's always a pain playing the Orcs, especially in MP. If you're lucky in a team fight, and I mean REALLY lucky, the enemy will be too focused on other things to worry about a lone healing ward. I will admit that if a healing ward is left alone in a fight, they do work suprisingly well, especially if you have a decent micro skill. It's too bad, however, that a healing ward is unlike a severely damaged hero, in the sense that a hero can run, lure the enemy and even provide support in the red. A healing ward perishes with one hit, making it superbly useless in less than a second.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    If you have units on no hp with no real way of healing them, use them as scouts or sentries. Otherwise they just take up pop cap

13. Aces Gems: 19/31

My tactics in one player campain. during the frst run through when I have no idea what the map holds, is to send out recon teams with a hero or two. Then after they get banged up I run them back to the base to be healed. No orc healers messed that up until the witch doctors showed up.

Too bad individual units don't get a small upgrade after getting some experience. Maybe just three levels woul be nice.

14. Fly2tHeSkY

Well that tactic won't work at all during the expansion, as the orcs have access to healing a lot earlier.

15. Aces Gems: 19/31

Well the Orc Campain had an exciting ending with the fire-rock creatures falling from the sky every other minute.

Looking forward to the conclusion in the Night Elf chapter!
    :tobattle:

16. Fly2tHeSkY

For the most overpowered race in WCIII, the Night Elf campaign is sadly the shortest :( A lot of fun though.

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    One of the best combos with the Night Elves is 11 huntresses with a Priestess of the Moon, along with 12 Druid of the Talon in Storm Crow Form. This way they can counter any air threats and cast Fairy Fire (as long as you have to upgrade) while the huntresses deal with ground targets (glave gives them more then 1 attack) while the Priestess adds damage with her aura.

...:happy:

18. Fly2tHeSkY

I'd imagine you didn't play much multiplayer then? As that combo isn't as great as it sounds lol.

19. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Orcs weren't weak. I went 50-2 with them until the expansion hit. Healing wards/stasis traps rock hard, unless you have humans dispelling, in which case you'll be going wyverns instead of melee and burning down human casters fast. That + the fact that orc casters could take on armies by themselves because they have the second and third highest caster damage in the game (when it used to count for something), next to Banshee's made them amazing caster support.

The expansion ruined casters and a lot of fun strategies like "Pretty Lights" a 4v4 strat that rushes max casters. It really was pretty :).

20. Aces Gems: 19/31

So one can't use Chaos Orcs in multi-player?
    :D

Half-way through the Night Elves chapter... ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.