1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warcraft 2 ---> Warcraft 3 Story Inconsistency

Discussion in 'Warcraft & Starcraft' started by Farthy, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] Gul'dan is killed by the Blackrock clan in Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, along with his Stormreaver clan and the Twighlight's Hammer clan for betrayal, but in *SPOILER*

The Frozen Throne, Maiev is reading inscriptions or something and in it, it says Gul'dan was killed in the Tomb of Saergas (SP?). What really happened? This inconsistency IMHO is too big to be overlooked - even if the game was made by Blizzard.

Question 2: What happened to the Shadowmoon clan and Korgath Bladefist and his Shattered Hand clan? Where is Teron Gorefiend and Dentarg?

Question 3: What happened to Zul'jin? Why do headhunters in WC3 say "Vengeance for Zul'jin" when they are ready? Did he die? If so, why would the headhunters care? Headhunters are jungle trolls but Zul'jin was a forest troll.

Anyone who could answer any one of these will certainly improve my quality of life.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

played the war2 expansion? dark portal? it might explain some of your story things. Admittedly I found it odd if Gul'dan died in that tomb.

I'm pretty sure that your question 1 & 2 could be answered in the expansion (but not confident), as many clans of the orcs are left in dreanor after Nerzul use the skull of guldan to reopen the dark portal, and enter Alzeroth once again.

3. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

At the end of the WC2 expansion set, the last human mission was to kill all the remaining Orc heroes, including Bladefist and Gorefiend. Apparently, that's the storyline they went with for the history: Orcs won Warcraft 1, Humans won Warcraft 2.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Orcs lost warcraft 1, you hear that in war 3 when Mannaroth discusses the orcs failure with.. Tichondrius I think. You also kill Medivh in his tower during the human campaign (at least I'm pretty sure it's Medivh).

I thought they used the story for humans win war 1 & 2, but orcs win expansion. Ner'Zhul(sp?) after all closes the dark portal behind him and leaves a lot of the tribes to continue their warmongering in draeor.
    Admittedly I never completed with humans (never really bothered to play them ;) ) so I don't know what their ending would come to.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.