1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wanderer (forum adventure)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Oaz, Oct 29, 2002.

1. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The chamber is significantly larger than the rest of the hall, and two octagonal windows are placed on each side of it. Sheth can see only water outisde the windows, containing an infinite number of fish, odd tentacled animals, and other bizzare beasts.

"I have no name," replies the bald man. "I am only a shepherd. Your life is at a junction, and there are decisions to be made."

3. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

"what decisions?" asks Seth "and what is this junction you're talking about?"

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The monk smiles and gestures to the two doors.

"Peer through them."

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Sheth complies.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Sheth peers through the door on the left at the end of the chamber.

He sees himself diving into the pond. He can feel doubt and fear during the dive. He can feel the pain, the agony. This Sheth has done what H'tleth has told him, and has ended up in confusion and uncertainty.

He peers through the other door.

This time, he sees himself standing at the edge of the pond. The Sheth that he sees shakes his head and walks away. He sees H'tleth droop his toad-like head in despair. This Sheth will make an identity for himself, and forge a life for his own being.

"There were two choices. The Slaad would not have stopped you. It was your choice, and your choice only. Two doors.

"One leads to a noble life of pain, suffering, and death. The other leads to peace and quiet in the name of selfishness.

"Let doubt and hesitation not cloud your mind. I am only here to elucidate your choices in the path of life. Take your pick. Which door will you step through?"

[ January 21, 2003, 03:05: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

7. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Sheth pauses to weigh the possibilities and then decides that he must do the noble thing. (i'm sorry i'm confused as to whether the noble thing is doing as the slaad requests or not doing it, whichever is the non-selfish path is the one he should be compelled to take.)

(P.S. will you take the red or the blue pill? ;) )

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The Slaad, H'tleth, has only mentioned that he has things to show Sheth. Because Slaadi are Beings of Chaos, Sheth supposes that he would not be concerned with doing the noble thing.

(I will post the consequences later; this Forum Adventure is going on a bit of a hiatus. :) )

(Irreligious Paladin - ;) :D I will admit I did lift that idea from Morpheus.)

[ January 21, 2003, 03:57: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

9. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Thanks for clearing that up.

(It's all good, but seriously red or blue? hey let's make a new chain, yes perfect :evil: )

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31

All right. The Wanderer Adventure is continuing... here in a new thread. It's essentially Part II of the adventure.

And I'd love to hear what you all think about this. Opinions, comments, and criticism would be much appreciated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.