1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viciona question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ivellos the Bladesinger, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] i love being elves,but i can't get a romance dialogue started with viciona
    i have heard things like viciona can't romance elves
    but can she romance created drow?
    i mean,giving yourself black(i mean black like jet black) skin and silver hair?

i am thankful for any tips!!

2. Veras the Blade Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey, I never tried romancing Viconia with an elf. Half-Elves and humans work. I know that for a fact. As for your colors, no. The game doesn't recognise your character's appearance, which bothers me. You can't "technically" make a Drow. You can make an elf that looks, talks, eats, sleeps, and acts like a Drow, but people and NPC's in the game will only recognise that you are an elf.

3. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

elves can't romance Viconea.
    I think it might just be because OF the fact that drow and elves hate each other and are in eternal conflict

4. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You're out of luck. Viconia may have rejected some of her Drow heritage but this does not mean that she's about to fall in love with a surface elf.

There are good reasons why you can't create drow PCs. The first is high innate magic resistance which would affect game balance. Sure, Viconia's got it but she's also as weak as a kitten. You, however, wouldn't create a PC with STR 10 and CON 8. Secondly, drow are universally hated: when you first meet Viconia in BG1, she's about to be executed by a Flaming Fist soldier and when you meet her in BG2 she's about to be burned at the stake.

5. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] :bang: GOD!!!!!
    i feel so STUPID!!!!
    i know that the colors of skin and hair don't affect gameplay!!! :bang:
    i don't know why i put that!!
    i was just listing all the ways i could think of to make a drow love a suface elf because i love being elves

by the way, could there be a way to force the romance by shadowkeeper?

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Sure elves can romance Viconia. Just about all I play are elves, and every last one has had Viccy coming on to them. Aside from mods, any male, either human, elf, ao half-elf can romance Jaheira, Aerie or Viconia :love: . Seriously, it sounds like you've got a bug. I did have that problem with Viccy, but a clean install took care of it.

I love Viconia...

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    No Kam, im afraid your wrong.

Elfs cant romance Viconia. Surface elfs and drow share a natural, inbred hatred.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Elves cannot romance Viconia. Totally. However if you have the console enabled there is a simple code. However I strongly suggest you do not use SK.

The code for those that need it is: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    or you could use:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",1)

my apologies if I get one of them wrong, but I haven't used the console for a long time or looked through the variables recently. However if they are wrong they will do nothing to the game and should cause no problems at all.

9. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] thanks 8people
    i think Viconia would be hot if she was real(why can't SoA be real?!?!?!)
    ill try that

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    For those with any queries regarding this kinda thing, i strongly suggest you download Extremists romancing guide, available here on SP.

Its very comprehensive and useful :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.