1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Vampires

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Izaad, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Izaad Guest

What kinds of abilities do Vampires have? Special attacks, innate abilites. Penalties too (other than sunlight, duh. Im thinking of a vampire character. Oh, and can you have half-vampires?

2nd or 3rd edition

[This message has been edited by Izaad (edited April 06, 2002).]

2. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

3. Horborg Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] If you want to know about vampires consult your Monstrouse Manual (please excuse spelling.) If you don't have one send me an e-mail and ask me, i'll tell you what mine says. hobbes2005@hotmail.com.

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] In reference to you're 'half-vampire' question, No. Being a vampire is not a race or creature as much as a state of being. Vampirism like most undead conditions 'are' or 'are not'. Thus you can't be partially affected by vampirism. The vampire is a templete that is added to another race/class combination. So you need to start out as say an elf or human and then pick a class - fighter, or cleric for example. Then you apply the vampire templete over that. The vampire can continue to advance in their class in most cases.

I wouldn't let a new PC start as a vampire under normal conditions. But again every DM is different. There are just too many problems. I guess in some strange situation with all the party member were some kind of atipical it would be alright but remember you're playing D&D not some game from White Wolf.

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited April 09, 2002).]

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Vampires are dead! They should in no way be able to sexually reproduce. The idea of it is preposterous.

6. void Guest

There is a template for half-vampire, it was in the monster compedium:monsters of Faerun. Its for creating things that are the offspring on vampires and non-vampires.

7. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

In this case I have to agree with silvercloud that there shouldn't be such thing as a half vampire... if they where to have childrend thy would be the race of the vampire when living (no vampireism) or a Vampire.

8. Horborg Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well when first bitten the victim dose not suddenly become one with all the rights and privilages there of. First of all the Vampire comes to the victim and with his sly and cunning carrisma tries to lure him into being a vampire, he dose this with promisses of wealth, glory, and of course, immortality. Once thus lured the vimpire procedes to bite him in the neck. A day or so thense the new vampire gets a " blood lust" in which he/she is unable to overcome the need for human blood. Now at first this new vampire is weak and can not do the special things such as, turning to mist, or becoming a bat or other such things, also he is verry suseptible to clerical banishing, or shunning. This new vampire is under the rule of it's bringer into imortality. As a vampire grows and progresses it ganes the speciall attacks such as hipnotizing (for special attacks see Monstrouse Manual,) and will eventually become almost un phased by clerics.
    In the state of just first being bitten and not fullly transformed, one might call this a "half vimpire." otherwise such a thing can't exist.

Now to address what happens to those strong of will who resist being taken in bye the Vampire, if not strong enough are promptly killed and become zombies.

Oh and one thing I forgot to address, if a vampire is exposed to natural light it is not emediately killed but is severly burned. Severity depends on level of vampire and intensity of light.

For more specific questions E-mail me.

[This message has been edited by Horborg (edited April 11, 2002).]

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

How about a child born from a woman who has succumbed to vampirism, like Blade?

A daywalker would make an interesting and powerful class.

10. Izaad Guest

Yeah! Shura knows what im talking about. A blade-esque character, though with more weaknesses. But my point stands.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.