1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Foradasthar, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Anyone checked this upcoming title yet?

Even though fantasy RPGs are the closest to my heart, any good RPG is still a good RPG. And I've pretty high expectations of this one.

You can find the 5 demo videos from here:
    http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/

Basically, think of Deus Ex vampire version with modern graphics and this should be the type of game you get. Same type of RPG in 1:st person shooter style, with dialogues, skill advancements etc, all as appropriate.

Edit: Misspelled the stupid headline, Masquarade pfft.

[ July 23, 2004, 18:53: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

2. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm really looking forward to this. Friends of mine rave about the vampire universe, all the press on it I've seen has been positive, it looks excellent, and the company have a proven track record.

Should be great.

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I don't know what to think. I really liked the 3rd person view that Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption had. I am not a fan of 1st person games. I remember playing DF2: Jedi Knight in 1st person view, and using the force powers or the lightsaber that way was a real pain... Good thing you could swhitch to 3rd person view.

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Actually, 3:rd person view is optional in Bloodlines. I wouldn't care about a 1:st person view either.

5. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm really looking forward to this - Deus Ex was GREAT, VtM:R was cool.
    This seems to appear to be getting the best of both of these - Not to mention the fact that PCgameplay has praised it with great praise.
    :borg:

6. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Looks very nice. I hope there will be more roleplay than there was in Redemption.

Looks like I will need a faster computer though. :(

7. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I was looking forward to it at first, then I saw the videos, and I can't wait for this game. It looks so great.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I liked the first vampire a bit with the different clans and such. The voice acting was alright but the combat was tedious and boring...
    Potence, Celerity, Beast Claws and off you go.

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

looks really good, I'm looking forward to this now.

10. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I'm liking the look of this game, but that increases the number of games to buy in the next 12 months to unreasonable levels. I'll have to drop some from my list, but this won't be one of them. Those trailers look great.

11. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I can't wait for the new one either. It looks like they really put a ton of effort into making it a great game set in WoD. I liked Redemption too but the sappy eurotrash vamp pining for his lost love thing got annoying. LOL I especially like the clan specific look for when you put on armour. I'm looking forward to spending my loot cakes on this one. It looks like the guys at the game store are going to be feasting on my Queen Elizabeth's (Picture on the Canadian 20$ bill) for a long time to come with all the great games scheduled.

12. Rednik Gems: 21/31

After watching those clips, I'm opting to buy this the day it comes out, even though the combat looks a bit iffy.

13. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

I can't wait for this game.

I loved VTM:Redemption, and I have the Vampire sourcebook.

I just love World of Darkness in general. :)

14. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Haven't seen the trailers yet but have heard some amazing stuff on this game from my aussie pc mag (PC Power Play). I am really looking forward to all the promised multiple story line and dialoge choices (I don't think Deus Ex really excelled in this area.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.