1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Valeron on difficult-whoo!!!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by DrowLicious, May 11, 2004.

1. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

This is on approaching Valeron and his mob on the opposite side of the bridge. This also assumes you've hung back and lured out the first wave(in small room, ahead of entrance) and killed them off. Man, i've been playing the game on Very Difficult and i'm telling you i don't see how you would do it without ANY dm level boosting. To not constantly die i put my levels a couple up to soften the Difficulty levels damage and such. It took me forever to clear out Valeron and his army! His spells were taking away 50+ hp when they hit. I'm just wondering if any die-hard ubergamers have cleared that area out (and how) without any dm or other kind of assistance, ya know, straight up. Valeron seemed to be the hardest foe i've come by, well besides doing a quicksave and taking a shot at Lord Belial ;)

[ May 11, 2004, 11:23: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Not sure what you're referring to. Which game, what part of the game? The name itself is not triggering anything in my poor old head.

I played all three OCs on Very Difficult or Hardcore and never had to resort to anything like using DM commands to help my character. I had to reload many a time, but I always eventually figured out what I was doing wrong and fixed it.

3. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I didn't want to sound stupid, but I'm with BigStick on this...I don't remember a Valeron in any of the games :confused:

4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Is Valeron from an unofficial mod?

5. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Wait a minute...I remember Valeron...he's the big asassin that's hired to kill you in chapter 2 of the OC. Your encounter with him is random, that's why your reference to the bridge threw me off. Some people will never meet up with him, becuase I think you have to complete the quests for Solomon's ring, that Darktongue dwarf guy, and little Neva before Valeron shows up.

Yeah, he is pretty tough...hits hard, has good AC...just make sure you hit harder ;)

[edit] Nevermind...just checked and I'm thinking of Vadoc...still don't know who Valeron is.

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Voleron is a lich at the bottom of a crypt in the Luskan chapter of the OC.

7. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There's no bridge near Voleron is there?

8. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well it's a bridge in the crypt-like place where it's at. Maybe i got the name wrong, but i dont think so. Forget this thread since i wrote it in haste. I only used the dm_level up to jump me two levels so i'm not committing total blasphemy as to refrain purists from beheading me. I just wanted to see if somebody used some wild tactic or strategy. Close this thread, i say, so i don't have a million people just saying "I beat it on Very Difficult with NO problems whatsoever." Humility is a virtue(i think). Sorry for causing the mix-up. It's not important enough to me to go back and check the foe's name. Thanks anyway

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.