1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

utterly ridiculous

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Bombur, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

[​IMG] I'm fighting the fire priest, who is joined by two fireball slinging salamanders. To keep my sorceress safe, she is invisible and on the other side of the level -- not on the other side of the room, but on the other side of the level. She is also behind several sets of closed doors, around multiple corners, etc. Nevertheless, each round both salamaders successfully target her with fireballs. What a joke.

I have reloaded several times, all to no avail. Within two rounds of combat with the salamanders, my sorceress, who is for all intents and purposes on the other side of the planet, is invariably killed by fireballs. Very funny, Troika. What's next?

Maybe I should just stick to stealing the gems as soon as I get the skull.

2. allyx Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah, that is a problem with the way NPC's cast spells (the spell is cast by the NPC (according to level, DC etc, but targets PC's as if the Target was the caster) I think someone wrote a script that is supposed to fix this, but i'm not sure if it has been added to the spells themselves yet.

3. Game Squirrel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

[​IMG] Have you tried having your party wear the red robes so you can get close to the priest in the Fire Temple? Maybe if you can get close and cast Silence on him, maybe the Salamanders won't come. I don't know if they are a Trap, Monsters In Hiding, or Summoned Monsters. Just a thought. I haven't gotten there yet so I haven't tried it. Good luck.

4. ShiningTed Gems: 1/31

The Salamanders are always there.

They CAN be effected by Silence themselves though - silly, when they are using natural abilities rather than spell-casting, but the engine has its limits. They get saves, SR etc, but I have certainly silenced the buggers myself on occasion. Otherwise spread out your guys and use lots of Protection / Endure spells (obviously). Its a tough fight.

5. Game Squirrel Gems: 1/31

Veteran

[​IMG] I finally got past this a few days ago. The whole key for me was using Silence on the Salamanders and the priest. After that, not one fireball got thrown my way and my guys went on a hacking spree. Woo hoo!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.