1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Using Bluff, Diplomancy, etc. on PCs

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Compulsive Dementia, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

At our last playing session, the PCs were hired to go disloge a group of Sharians from the area. Well, one of the pc's had a pretty good charisma, and I decided that the receptionist was attracted to him (don't ask me why, it was just one of those spur of the moment things). So then I had her say that her superior was gone at the moment and that she was in charge and wanted to talk to the PC alone, in a private room. This was a complete lie, and I was thinking that there would be no way for the PCs to know that, but it wasn't key that they went with her. So I was thinking making a bluff roll or something would be a good idea to see if she convinced the PC. But PCs are completely in charge of their own actions, so I kind of got stuck. The only thing I can think of is the result of the roll changes what they say, from lots of stuttering and mumbling (which might tell the PCs she's lying) to a clear, perferctly believable statement (telling the PCs she's telling the truth). Any thoughts on this?

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

that's a bit difficult, but basicly as a dm you have the cosmic power to make your pc's feel anything. Say they fail their opposed roll (probably sense motive or diplomacy), you could just tell them that the NPC seems incredibly helpful and trustable(is that a word?).

3. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

sure, trustable is a word.......or mabye itstrustworthy/trustworthiness....

Anyway, I forgot about the oposed role, but ya, that would work. Thanks.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.