1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Useless Information

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aikanaro, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    May Tal have mercy! :D That's a PM matter :rolleyes: But since it's all already useless... What couldn't you understand?

2. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

May Tal have mercy? Should we alert him to the fact that he is now a deity? Might come as quite a shock :D . Well, I'm going home now. It's really annoying, coming home after 1 day of not posting and finding the Battle 2 pages onwards from my last post. Well, that is that, I guess.

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Eggplant (aubergine) was introduced to the US by Thomas Jefferson.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    There's no love. All Harlequin thingy is included in several equations producing substances akin to amphetamine.

5. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

-Apus apus (a bird) can sleep and copulate in flight.
    -The english word "racket" (intended as an illegal way to gain money) comes from the Sicilian slang "racatto" (in Italian "ricatto"),wich means "blackmail".
    -A friend of mine who did some biological researches in central Africa and ate termites with the locals,told me that they taste like toasted maize.
    -The basic scale in blues music has only five notes,and it's called for this "penthatonic".
    -"Hey Jude" is the longest single released by the Beatles.
    -I've read all the posts on this topic,some of them where interesting,some made me LMAO,but none of them sounded useless to me (useless its a very subjective word).
    -During some stages of human embrional development,it's possible to see a partial formation of gills,coming from our marine ancestors.
    -It's estimated that a quarter of all animal species on earth are insects belonging to the order of Coleoptera.
    -Baby-geckos have transparent skin,so that is possible to see their organ from the exterior.
    -I just noticed that Dragon's Jewel has probably the coolest custom text in all SP.
    -I started to play guitar in 1996,on January.
    -I will probably post again on this board.MUCH FUN,DHE-HEY!
    -All the informations above were put in complete random order.

6. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

[​IMG]

I wanted to see if that would work.

7. Jarel Gems: 10/31

-I posted links to mp3 I recorded with my band TWICE in the forums,but no one seems to give a f*ck about it...and that makes me a bit sad. :(
    -But saying it made me feel much bettter. :D

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

On a packet of peanuts while on an International Airflight.

Instructions for eating.

1. Open Packet.

2. Eat Peanuts.

Like what else was I supposed to do with them?

And the health warning is even better!

Ingredients. Peanuts, vegetable oil, salt.

Warning. May contain traces of nuts.

And what else was there going to be inside a packet of nuts?!

Man, I love Airnowhere...

9. Jarel Gems: 10/31

@Khazraj: LMAO x2
    How about this one (I'm not sure it's true, but still funny): I heard on a TV show that when you fly to USA for the first time, you must answer to a long list of questions of that type: "Have you ever committed genocide?"
    ....can you imagine someone answering "yes"??
    I remember the presenter of the show said: "That's how they caught Priebke!!!"

For those who don't know: Priebke is an ex-nazi.

10. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

At Aragorn II

That isn't as stupid as it sounds. It works. There's a percentage of people, who will make the cross on the wrong place. It's a mistake, in German it's called "Freudsche Fehlproduktion" (Freudian mistake), I don't know what they call it in English. Like a groom who loses the wedding ring before the marriage. It's sometimes not a mistake, it's sometimes a sign, that he's doubting he's decision.

11. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When Parmentier brought the potato to France people were reluctant to eat it. As the story goes, he installed a storehouse full of potatoes, put a defective lock on the door and a big sign saying "keep out".
    Because stolen food just tastes better, people stole from the storehouse and ate the potatoes. Some creative advertising.

12. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Yago. We say "Freudian slip" in English, as in "slip of the tongue."

13. Jarel Gems: 10/31

@Yago: in Italian we call it "lapsus Freudiano", but still I think that if such a questionary does exist, it woul help seeking really insane people rather than "distracted" assassins. Just an opinion. ;)

Young lion females usually kill their kittens if not assisted by their siblings during their first bearing.

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Useless information? :confused:
    Yep i've got pleantly of that.
    I'm not really the ruler of the universe. My name is misleading ;) . although i will be soon :) .

15. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

1930, the British-Empire was forced to hold a round-table conference in London, to discuss the future of the colony India and possible home-rule. It didn't have any results. Maybe because some influential British politicans had a rather strange view on things:

16. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My pool's water is green.

17. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Follwoing on from Corporate.

My toilet's water is blue.

I had to say it because I keep getting so many spam mails about septic tanks. I don't even have one...

18. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Well my drinking water is clear, and its got fluoride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.