1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Useless info

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Buggo, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ethanol, common drinking alcohol, is the active ingredient in "alcoholic" beverages such as beer and wine.

2. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Gary Gygax's daughter, Alicia, actually came up with the name 'Dungeons and Dragons'.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words. :shake:

3. Ravynn Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@ Shalladeth: AAAAAAHHHH!
    The Aquatic Ape Theory is the theory that we are descended from a branch of aquatic or semi aquatic apes. The "proof", the diving reflex, the fact that babies reflexively swim and hold their breath under water, the presence of hymens in terrestrial mammals, salt hunger, and the best so far: "the price of water front especially beach front properties." And people want this theory to be taken seriously. :lol:

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Humans have ten fingers and ten toes, but only 1 mouth and 1 nose. Fair? I don't think so. Useless information? Definitely.

5. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I´m pleased to inform you i just drank another beer :roll:

6. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Ravynn
    That theory is so useless, I don't even think science can use it. And so is this comment.

[ February 20, 2005, 07:07: Message edited by: Zurga ]

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Jethro Tull won the first Grammy for Best Heavy Metal Album in 1989.

8. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I just finished doing about three hours straight of homework. I am now about to go onto at least three hours of Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II: SoA or perhaps NWN.

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

It is amazing that I, exept for what I say in this sentence, cannot come up with any useless info.

I would like to know something though, and this is realy useless; What is the name of the stuff that is in your eyes in the morning?

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It's "aamash" in Arabic. No idea in English though. Just to add some more useless info.

11. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    The Italian word for "balls" is Palle. Which, by the way is my first name. Bad carma, I guess.

12. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Gekko's can walk and climb on anything including glass and such because on their fingertips they have millions of microscopic fiber's that have "split ends" which work on the atomic level by merging it with the other molecules. Or something like that, saw it on the discovery channel a while ago :grin:

13. Gnarfflinger

Brake Fluid and Clorox Bleach make a thick smoke when mixed.

65 % of guys that read that will actually try to mix brake fluid and Clorox Bleach.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Clorox Bleach mixed with many different things makes smoke. Mix bleach and hydrogen peroxide and it makes a very nasty brew with corrosive bubbles and toxic gasses.

Placing half a tablet of Alka-Seltzer under your tongue and trying to byte your left ear will make people actually believe that you have some sort of mental disability! (rolling your eyes back in your head helps too) :eek: I tried it the other day on my mom...but she knows me too well and didn't fall for it. :bang: :rolling:

15. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

HIV virus, which cause AIDS, might cure the cancer :roll:

W. Clinton just(?) won the Grammy award.....taping him reading his biography which he wrote.

aaaaaand....

Xbox can blow up :D

16. Gnarfflinger

That's why they are offering replacement cords...

17. Buggo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Its illegal to enter Yorkshire with a duck residing on your head, and it is against the law in massechuses (wrong spelling i think) to have a mule on the second floor on the building unless there are at least two exits...i thought this one was pretty useless

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

An old law in County Antrim, N.Ireland states that you are allowed to shoot a Scotsman with a crossbow on a Saturday afternoon. I have not tried this myself...

19. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

You wouldn't stand a chance ;)

Eric Clapton's first solo album was produced by Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin's guitarist/legend).

Also, Led Zeppelin could have been called the Yardbirds, because Page owns the rights to the name, however, he risked using a new name instead. It worked :p

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The name Led Zeppelin came from The Who. Townsend said something along the lines of "Your band will be huge. You will storm the charts like a 'Lead Zeppelin"

I havn't met any unfriendly Scots yet :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.