1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Uranus Rays

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Decados, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    This is inspired by a couple of posts that Cal Yhringlor made in the following thread:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/1794/3.html#000063

Unfortunately, he was not particularly forthcoming with information on these rays. In fact, he is strongly refusing to answer anything about them.

As I have never heard of them, and fellow members were mystified, I am hearby putting out an appeal to anyone with knowledge on the subject. If you know what these 'Uranus Rays' actually are, please share it with us all!

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    They came from ur anus :lol: hahahahahaha...errr (sees nobody laughing, silences :o )

This bit, eh?
    I have *NO* idea!

Uranium radiates, but that's different right? He didn't mean that?

3. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I was JUST about to make this same thread! So, seriously, any people that know about this, lend us your divine knowledge.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  5. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Doesn't look very scientific or official to me...

6. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

what are you talking about Goli? they mention such great places as the lost continent of atlantis and how can you not believe in space rays controlling history?

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Oh my, how could I have been mistaken so! :D

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This discussion is pointless because (obviously):

Given that Uranus Rays are the Seventh Ray they must be seven times more indescribable than the First Ray, which is probably why you never read about them in encyclopedias.

I wonder how the death of Ray Charles has impacted the Seven Rays. Are they just the Six Rays now? Or will they recruit a new Ray? Maybe Ray Romano will join up. Everybody Loves the Seven Rays!

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Oh, and how does the destruction of the Death Star, and thus the Death Ray, affect this!?
    Also, has anyone asked Ctulhu's opinion about this?

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Ridiculing weirdos is all fine and good, but I think you guys are taking this a bit far.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I still don't get it, but thank you T2 for the searching and links.

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    But we cannot be sure indescribability increases by a constant proportionality. What if the indescribable nature of the rays increases exponentially? No wonder we are all mystified.

14. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    I can't believe that this got a thread dedicated to it! LMAO!

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How can we tell which humans have been "boosted" by Uranus rays? Would we even know if we had been boosted by Uranus?

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...Harby actually got me to laugh! :lol: :shake:

All this talk of rays of something coming from Uranus is gibberish! Everyone knows that the only way to get rays to come out of Uranus, is if you accidentally sit on a small flashlight...that's standing upright on its lens...and is turned on... :eek: :p

The fact that Uranus is the 2nd planet from the edge of the solar system (sorry Pluto :bad: ), and billions and billions of miles away would mean that for anything to be emitted (ray or otherwise) and be "felt" here on Earth, would mean that Uranus would have to be more powerful than our Sun! :skeptic: :rolling:

17. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Hello, wake up and smell the rays! Uranus emits the 7th ray, not just any but the 7th ray! of cause its more powerfull then the sun.
    its pure logic, I learned it in a former life on Atlantis

18. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

do you think aluminium foil can block out Uranus Rays? ;)

Like it does with those mind control rays the goverment and the aliens are sending?

:lol:

19. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Well I may have an explanation abput this straneg phenomenon:

Goofy's name in French is translated as "Dingo", but Pluto's name is translated as "Pluto" -which is rather convenient- so perhaps somewhere along the way the knight templars and the cult of Apollo in Ireland got mixed up (which could explain why Neil Jordan's movie is entitled Breakfast on Pluto)...
    According to a very reliable source in AD 600 king Mynyddog and his war-band had breakfast in Din Eidyn (better known today as Edinburgh) this momentous bit of information lost in the cyberspace allows the wise to piece together the entire master plan which to the untrained eye looks like some sort of nonsensical ramblings... But WE know better!
    The standing stone circles in Scotland (and other parts of Europe) are the markers of a system of ley lines, which are lines of electro-magnetic power that run across the landscape) and as far as scientific evidence goes there is no link yet with some kind of rays from Uranus.
    I may have skipped a bit here in my demonstration and analysis of these factors. Pluto and Uranus are part of Greek mythology... and so is Apollo!
    There are evidence of the existence of a temple of Apollo in Hyperborea, the land beyond the North wind. If a simple equation could be made between Hyperborea and the British Isles it would all fall into pieces: think about Stonehenge! I read in a book that the sun god Appolo was said to dance at this temple in Hyperborea every nineteen years which brings us back to the cycle of the moon. This is were Appolo and Uranus collide for the very simple reason that Appolo the sun god dances every 18.6 years and that Uranus never sees the sun.

20. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

@Ironhawk Skylord: I don't know if blocking anything emitted from Uranus with aluminium foil would be a good idea... It would make for an interesting CSI case, though. :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.