1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Update - June 28, 2012

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Vorona, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

So, one of the purposes of this blog is to keep track of progress on various fronts.

Here's what I've accomplished:

Job Hunt (Teacher):
    Going very well. I've finished an unknown number of applications and have had 7 interviews in the past 6 weeks. For most of these jobs, the process involves an initial interview followed by another interview. As of today, I have my first interview that has led to something else. On Monday, I do a mock teach and will have a formal interview after that. The interview I had this morning also looks very promising, but it is unfortunately only a part-time position. I'm also waiting on a French position.

Education:
    Not much new here. My work schedule and job-hunt have taken time away from studying, but I did recently go to a mini-Colloquium for the Franco-American Teachers-in-Training Institute. It was in Washington D.C., so I also got to see some neat monuments and museums. I also learned I really like mojitos.

Writing:
    Not much here either. I've decided which novel I want to revise, but haven't had time for it. I did do some freewriting this morning and I came up with a plan for how to structure writing practice. I'm also still meeting with my in-person writing friend, and I worked on some critiques for a critique circle I'm a part of at Forward Motion.

Gaming:
    This is doing slightly better, because gaming doesn't take quite as much mental energy as writing or education. In D.C., I had my Mac, not my PC (which is ancient), so I popped onto Dragon Age: Origins to figure out where my character was and what he was up to (haven't played since mid-December). I finished up some loose ends at the Circle, too. Mostly, I've been playing Baldur's Gate. I've finally recruited all of my party, and I'm about to start working more seriously on the Beregost quests. I also downloaded Morrowind via Steam, but I'm not sure that was a good idea since I barely have time for Baldur's Gate, and I want to finish it before starting a new game. Oh well, it will be there when I do decide to play!

Reading:
    I'm not sure this even needs to be a category, because I just read all the time anyway. I finished the Jane Madison series by Mindy Klasky, then read her Fright Court novel, then the Capitol Hill novella, and I just started the Wish series.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Good luck on the job search! :)

3. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Thanks!

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is freewriting something like brainstorming?

Having a group for critiquing sounds very useful. I am familiar with the critiquing process in visual art but I don't think I've participated in a writing critique.

5. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Sort of. Basically, the rule is that during a certain amount of time (so you need a timer) you write continuously, without worry about grammar, punctuation, good ideas, etc. -- you just write what naturally comes. It's kind of like an extended word association game with yourself.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sometimes I do that but I've never put a timer on it. What time limit do you usually give yourself?

7. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Usually 15 minutes. Sometimes 10 if I'm short on time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.