1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unusual resurrection during battle with Firkraag

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by nior, Dec 19, 2001.

1. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] i was wondering if any of you guys have encountered this:

my party consists of:
    undead hunter (paladin) - dual-wield sword of roses and dragon slayer
    minsc - dual-wield mace +2 and stonefire axe
    korgan - with a +2 axe and shield
    aerie - with a +2 sling and shield
    jan - with his crossbow

i was battling firkraag, aerie was killed, and a couple of seconds later she actually resurected and fought with me again (although i have to pick up her things and equip them again), i also lost jan during the fight (after aerie's resurrection) but he was also resurrected after i defeated firkraag. also after firkraag died. he dropped:
    1. carsomyr
    2. dragon scales
    3. cloak of shield
    4. emerald sword (bastard sword)
    5. eternal skies (halberd)

are what firkraag dropped normal? i couldn't remember he dropped the bastard sword, cloak, and halberd before but definitely the resurrections are not normal.

what happened had turned the tide for me, but i know it should have not happen. so have anybody experienced this before?

[This message has been edited by nior (edited December 19, 2001).]

2. zaknafein Guest

think of it this way. your bloody lucky. he doesnt usually drop the last three things and ive never even heard of the last two things

3. Lord Sarevok Guest

Do you have any Mods or unoffical "patches" installed? That might be it, since I heard TDD adds new items.

4. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Freedom's Reign also gives new magic items. Do you have it installed?

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

OK: The last two items: Emerald Sword and Eternal Skies do not exist anywhere in my game, not even in the files. This means that you must have some 3rd party mod installed, such as the two mentioned belloew, or any others that are out there. This probably accounts for the strange resurection, but whether that was deliberate or a bug is unknown. The first 3 items IIRC are usually on Firkraag's body.

6. zaknafein Guest

didnt think those things existed. realy who cares where they came from just as long as you have them

7. nior Gems: 24/31

yes, i have "freedom reign" installed a couple of days ago. and there was also a sixth item, a pretty nice flail which i think was bugged. so that solves the new weapons.

but what about aerie and jan's resurrection? anyone with freedom reign installed experienced this?

8. Thomas Covenant Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Can you post stats for those last two weapons, bastard sword and halbred ?

[This message has been edited by Thomas Covenant (edited December 20, 2001).]

9. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'm just wondering, do you have the Rod of Resurrection, and the party member on an AI script which would have made them cast resurrection?

10. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

For the halberd,

Eternal Skies was created on the Elemental Plane of Air. The Halberd is able to control the air around it and manipulate this in such a way that it protects the user. The Halberd itself is covered in small glass tubes, filled with Blue Tinted air. In combat this air rushes around inside of the tubes, and if willed by the user, it can use the air around the blade to create small gusts of wind, or even large Air Elemental guardians. Its power is limted, but will recharge slowly over time.

STATISTICS:

Abilities :

Can cast Zone of Sweet Air twice per day.

Has 5 charges of Summon Arial Servant

THAC0: +2 bonus
    Damage: 1D10 +2
    Damage type: piercing
    Weight: 12
    Speed Factor: 7
    Proficiency Type: Halberd
    Type: 2-handed
    Requires: 13 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Cleric
    Mage
    Thief

For the bastard sword,

The Emerald Sword is green, and bestowes the user with a lot of separate protections. It also allows the wielder to further protect themselves from harm, by chanting the correct magic words. Nobody knows the direct origins of the swrod, but it is believed to have been created by elves.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
    Protection from Charm
    Protection from Domination
    Protection from Paralysation

Magic Abilities :
    Casts Protection from Evil 10' Radius twice per day.

Damage: 1D8 + 4
    THACO: +4 bonus
    Damage type: slashing
    Weight: 7
    Speed Factor: 7
    Proficiency Type: Bastard sword
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires: 11 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Cleric
    Mage
    Thief

11. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

you do indeed have Freedom's Reign installed

;) my items... waaaahaa!

i have never experienced this "ressurection" bug before. I have had this fight with Firkraag to absolutely no side effects.

So i haven't gotta a clue what's going on there, but it's obvious you have Freedom's Reign installed.

hehe Dragon's now have hoards :D

[edit]
    what bug with the flail?
    [/edit]

[This message has been edited by Deano99 (edited December 21, 2001).]

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

shit. if you get weapons like that from just firkraag with all these patches, it almost makes the game too easy. does it compensate in the difficulty factor? like extra monsters or makes them harder to kill?

13. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

lol, obviously not if they get resurrected when dead

14. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

hello?

can't you read?

the ressurection has absolutely *nothing* to do with me. Read before you make accusations such as that please.

:p

15. nior Gems: 24/31

no, i did not have the rod of resurrection, nor do i have any resurrection scrolls or spells (i don't have jahierra for her call harper either).

i did mention something about a bug with the flail (impending death - name of the flail, high stats guys, and i mean high, one that can make the flail of ages his baby brother).

anyway, i fought firkraag twice (1st, the resurrection happened, and the 2nd... nobody died so no resurrection). but after both battle i have yet to use the 3 weapons in combat. the "bug" was connected with the 1st battle and this is the problem, it say that i can choose which flail head to use to get the desired ability, but the ability button was not there at all (the flail was equipted), therefore only the default ability was in effect. unfortunately, i have overwrite the "resurrection event" with a the 2nd battle (i wasn't happy about the resurrection so i reload and fought him again) and after the 2nd battle, the flail's ability have been activated when equipted. so i think the problem has something to do with the resurrection thing. anyway i'll try to keep you (everyone and especially deanno) about anything "not quite right".

btw, i also think that the weapons dropped were too "good" i would have liked it better if there was just one additional item to the normal game, three extras was a bit too much, imho. but maybe some people out there would enjoy the 3 extras. let's keep things in between, too much or too little spoils anything, and like the doctors says "eat moderately". :)

edit : ai was turned off too.

[This message has been edited by nior (edited December 21, 2001).]

16. Deano99 Gems: 9/31

that's not a bug

equip the flail... and low and behold... there will be an "Abilities" button like on a bow, and Throwing Axes and such.

*sigh*

17. Zaragoth Guest

(Off topic)
    I noticed that you were a Paladin and that you have Korgan in yer party. Not a good idea.. :p
    If yer reputation get's too high, he'll leave you and you can't lower your reputation since you'll loose yer paladin status. And become a fallen paladin.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.