1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unlimited XP Exploit

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by ZalmanP, Aug 4, 2012.

1. ZalmanP Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Media:
    [​IMG] There are two trapped chests in the game that reset whenever you leave the area, meaning you can disable device on each for 150 xp a pop, leave the area and the chests will be retrapped so that you can disable them again as many times as you wish. The two chests are found at the Eastern end of the Main Halls.

[​IMG]

To reset them the quickest, you need to head to the Deep Halls and come back to the Main Halls. The next picture shows the quickest route there.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
    SlickRCBD likes this.
  2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That has to be the most unhelpful post I've ever seen.

(Added the next day)
    As was mentioned, when I made this post, the one above it appeared to be completely blank. I'd never seen moderated posts in action, so thought the OP had forgotten to include the actual content. The posts made afterward have made my error clear, and I've posted an apology later in this thread.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  3. ZalmanP Gems: 1/31

Media:
    And how is that? I explain an exploit I found and show the easiest way to do it with screenshots. As far as I know, this hasn't been mentioned anywhere else on the forums or anywhere else on the internet. If you don't want to take advantage of it, that's up to you. Your post has to be the most unhelpful post I've ever seen.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm guessing it's because this thread was (at least to me), first visible but inaccessible, then visible but empty, then I could see Slick's post but still no start post and only then did I actually see your explanation on how the exploit works. Off the top of my head, there was about 6 hrs between seeing the thread in the active threads-table and actually seeing your topic start. Some forum glitch, perhaps (or were you changing it?).

5. ZalmanP Gems: 1/31

Media:
    Possibly. After I first posted the thread, it said it would first have to be approved by a moderator. After a few hours it was, and I was able to edit it and update the image links to display properly. After I did, it still didn't show up correctly. Why would he comment on it if he couldn't see my original post?

Edit: Just imagine you're in my position. I stumble upon an exploit and decide to share it with the world, and what do I get? "most unhelpful post I've ever seen". It makes these forums seem very unfriendly and oddly hostile for me sharing new information.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's the external image links that put your post in the moderation queue; if you upload pics to your album here and include those instead you could avoid this. A much better choice than some external storage place which probably won't work any more a year from now.

And I think the whole point of Slick's post was that he couldn't see anything - he probably hasn't come across a post in the moderation queue here before. Not really a reflection on your post's content but the issues with moderated posts... we're actually a pretty friendly bunch here. ;)

ZalmanP likes this.
  7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Try not to get too worked up about it ZP. When I first looked at the post it was also blank -- I wasn't sure what was going on with it and was glad to see Tal's explanation. Athough I'd have to say I've seen more "unhelpful posts" that weren't blank ... I may be guilty of writing a few myself.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, when I first saw it, the whole post was there and it seemed pretty well explained to me...

9. ZalmanP Gems: 1/31

Media:
    Well that explains it then, thanks.

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Indeed, when I went there I saw a blank screen, so I thought you had neglected to put in any content. I apologize for the sarcasm, I have both a twisted sense of humor and a penchant to indulge in the lowest form of wit.

---------- Added 0 hours, 5 minutes and 41 seconds later... ----------

It didn't help that I had just checked for updates on the Microsoft Answers forums where some moderator had decided to mark a completely useless response that happened to have a link to an irrelevant KB article as the "answer" to my question. This was not the first time this particular mod had done this, so I've taken to flaming them, something I normally don't do (look me up, you can find SlickRCBD or Slick_RCBD posts in various places all the way back to Usenet in the mid 1990s and you can see I rarely flame people except the mods on the Microsoft forums that mark a question as answered by choosing a completley irrelevant and useless reply that links to an unrelated KB article that happens to have a keyword in it).

Anyways, I was still irked and let myself be a little sarcastic. Sorry about that. I get update alerts to the same e-mail account for multiple forums. I kinda miss Usenet instead of web-forms since I could then use my newsreader program to reply right from the same place. Only Yahoo Groups let me do that these days.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.