1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underdark scroll

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by xello, Oct 27, 2013.

1. xello Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi guys, currently doing the Underdark and according to the guide on the site

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-5/areas/underdark.php

I have to purchase a Scroll of Freedom from Carlig and cast it to make a trapped wizard appear and begin his associated quest.

Problem is, Carlig has no Scroll of Freedom. He has the Freedom spell itself, along with lots of other spells, the only scroll in his inventory is a scroll of flesh to stone. Obviously I don't have a high enough mage to cast Freedom, so what are my options here?

I've googled Carlig's inventory and even the few I could find matched what I am seeing - no scroll of freedom. Yet every guide I look at tells you to buy it from him.

Help!

2. BlastEndedSkrewt Gems: 1/31

What do you mean Freedom spell itself? Do you mean mage scroll instead of green scroll that everyone can use? If so that's exactly what you need, you don't have to learn it, just cast it from the potion slot, even bards can do it

3. xello Gems: 1/31

Thanks!

I did already try this but i got the "cannot use" when i did, my guess is i accidentally tried it with a character other than Edwin, I tried it just now with Edwin and it works.

And now it seems I have another problem, a character got petrified. No problem, Stone to Flesh > character. Oh wait, it wont let me select them!

See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrAFIi25tpk

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  4. Bsisi Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

He definitely had the scroll in all my games, though it's likely that you have to look like a dark elf to get it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.