1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underdark - OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Felinoid, May 17, 2006.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Deep DUerra, a goddes who preachs conquest and expansion in the Underdark, and Laduguer, a god who believes in strength through suffering, hard work and discipline. Both are LE. PM me if you want more info.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@DS:
    Unfortunately, Entangle is not a cleric spell. It's from the Plant Sphere, which is one of only three that clerics do not have any access to (Animal, Plant, and Weather). Clerics also have only minor access to the Elemental Sphere (up to third level spells). Besides, a dwarf commanding plants? :shake: ...in the Underdark??? :lol:

@Benan:
    Not to question, or anything, but you had an 18 and you put it in DEX?! :confused: I could understand that for a thief, but a fighter?

@Daie:
    Um, could I have your opinion on the dual-multi thing? I'd like to put up the race in the character thread.

[ May 19, 2006, 21:47: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

:doh: :hmm: not sure where my brain was this afternoon

4. Felinoid

Perhaps in the IE games? They all get that wrong. :shame:

5. Daie d'Malkin

Not quite sure what you mean, Fel.

6. Felinoid

From my previous post...
    I'm wondering which option you want to go for.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Okay, sorry bout that. Blame the beers, not me :D

I reckong they dual class like humans. they don't really take anything other than Mage or SOrcerer, everything else is very rare. But, they dual class

8. Felinoid

Okay, it's edited into the opening post in the character thread.

9. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Is there any particular way we're meeting up here? Did I miss a page somewhere?

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I just showed up as what Fel's PC saw. Could be someone/thing else. :evil:

11. Felinoid

Just show up. Bump into the people already in there, or have them bump into you. Though to use the second option, the "them" in question have to have actually agreed to travel together. So, for example, my character and kuemp's character bumping into yours wouldn't work so well at the moment, since they've just met, but you could easily happen upon us..

12. Felinoid

The Hammer of Callarduran is +2, with Blindness on hit (with a save, so it won't always happen). The Pick of Callarduranis is a +2 footman's pick (damage vs. small & medium creatures: 1d6+1+2; damage vs. large creatures 2d4+2), with the ability to carve out areas of rock as per any number of excavation items. I know +2 is a bit high for starting characters, but these are relics. And possession of them will have us hunted by the Svirfneblin authorities.

P.S. Yes, I'm probably going to milk the "nude thieving" thing as much as I can. :p It's just too funny. :shake:

13. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hello everyone. Long time no talk. I've been gone for ahwile (as I "explained" in the Blood for the Abyss Ooc thread), so I missed the begining of this Underdark RP. However, as I am utterly infatuated with the Underdark, I was wondering if it isn't too late to jump in?

14. Felinoid

Nope, go right ahead. Make a character in the character thread and pop in at any time. :)

15. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Sounds great. As for my character, can I make a Gloaming (a.k.a. a 3-4 foot humanoid of prime material plane and shadow plane descent, who has luminescent, glowing skin and furry black wings)? Gloamings are not uncommon in the underdark(And virtually unknown anywhere else),and not overpowered. They have an increase to int. and cha., decrease in wisdom (and mabye some other stat adjustment), they have low-light vision (which works well with their skin) they have some sort of affinity for portals, and they have a few other minor bonuses. Of course they can fly, but if that is too much of a problem, the character have in mind could be made to be unable to fly for most of the time. Underdark gives them a +2 level adjustment, which could be trasferred into an experience penalty. Anyways, I have the full stats which I can post if this sounds O.K. with you.

16. Felinoid

Um, what? I've never heard of Gloamings (maybe Gloomwings, but those are butterfly-like, and not really denizens of the Underdark), and TBH I'm not particularly fond of planewalking beings. But if you post actual solid stats for the race (in this thread), I'll see if I can give it a fair shake. ;)

17. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Stats:
    (taken from the Underdark sourcebook)
    -2 to strength, +2 to dexterity, -2 to wisdom, +2 to charisma. Outsider: Gloamings are native outsiders. Small Size. A Gloaming has a +1 size bonus to armor class, a +1 size bonus on on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on hide checks, but her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters those of a medium character. A Gloamings base land speed is 20 feet. A gloaming also has a fly speed of 40 feet with average manuverbility. Light blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a dylight spell) blinds a gloaming for one round. In addidition, she takes a -1 circumstance penalty on all attack rolls, saves, and checks while operating in bright light. Gloamings are eligable to take the daylight adaption feat from the Forgotten Relams Campaign Setting. Shadow Spells: Gloamings have a racial predilection for shadow based spells. They cast illusion (shadow) spell at +1 caster level. Racial Bonuses: A glaoming has +2 racial bonus on saves against illusion (shadow) spells or effects and a +4 racial bonus on saves against psionic abilities, such as those possesed by Mind-flayers or Yuan-ti. She also gains a +4 racial bonus on move silently checks.
    Low-light vision: A Glaoming can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, or similar conditions or poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. Luminescence: As a standard action, a gloaming can make her skin provide illumination equal to that produced by any light source up to and including a torch, or she can mute the glow altogether. A gloaming's luminescence lasts until she chooses to change it. When a Gloaming dies her luminescence fades to nothing in the course of 10 minutes. Automatic language: Undercommen. Bonus LAnguage: By character Region. Favored Class: Sorceror. LEvel adjustment: +2.

Picture: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ud_gallery/52107_CN.jpg
    (the one with wings)

18. Felinoid

Okay, it looks good. Now I just need stat boundaries (minimum/maximum STR, DEX, etc.) and height/weight/age ranges (the actual base and dice rolls would be good). Once I've got those I can put the information in the first post of the Character Thread, and then you can post your character. :)

19. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Boundries (starting): STR-16, DEX-20, CON-18, INT-18, WIS-16, CHA-20.

Height: 2' 6" + 1d4 in. (male and female)

Weight: 25 pounds (male and female)

Age: Adulthood-13 years + 1d4 years (barbarian, rouge, sorcerer, bard, fighter, paladin, ranger), or + 2d4 years (cleric, druid, monk, wizard)
    Middle age-100 years, Old-200 years, MAximum Venerable 300 years +2d% years

20. Felinoid

...I really should have known better than to ask for minimum stats for a 3e race. Eh, I'll give them half-elf minimums; not very restricting, but it'll give it flavor. And then I'll shift the CON requirement to CHA...that should work.

Some of the stuff, like the stat adjustments, need to be 2e-ized, so look for the stats at the bottom of the first post of the character thread before you post. Thanks. :)

EDIT:
    Okay, it's up. Just remember, sorcerors are not a 2e class. Wild mage would work just as well.

[ June 23, 2006, 21:00: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.