1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unavowed - Interview P1 and P2

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Sep 8, 2018.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Unavowed released recently to good reviews. Check out part 1 and part 2 of this mega interview from AppUnwrapper.

[​IMG]

AppUnwrapper: Hi Dave. Thanks so much for doing this interview. I had such a great time playing Unavowed and am excited to pick your brain about it. So, the first obvious question - what was your inspiration for Unavowed? I saw your doodles of the scene on the roof. Is that where it all began?

Dave Gilbert: I'm a big fan of Dresden Files and things like Hellblazer and well, the darkness in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I love urban fantasy when done well. But I also was very inspired by an interview a former Bioware writer gave, a woman named Jennifer Hepler, who talked about how in action oriented games, they let you skip the cutscenes to get back to the fighting. But in the game she writes, like the Bioware games, she finds the action elements to be annoying. She's not good at them. For her, the core of the game is the narrative stuff. She wants to skip the action to get back to the narrative stuff and she got a lot of undeserved flack for that. But I thought that was a great idea. That sounded like a really good point-and click-adventure game because it has all this stuff I love about the Bioware games, which is the party stuff, like putting together a party and having them react to the things in the world depending on who you have with you. And there's always that sense of how would this have changed if I brought somebody else? I always wondered that, you know? That's my favorite thing about the game.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.