1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

UK Release

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by monkey, Sep 27, 2002.

1. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Any idea why the release date keeps getting put back? It has been out for ages elsewhere - what changes have to be made from the US version for the UK?

2. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] Gaaaaah!! I know; this happens with just about every game that I want to get. I've no idea when the new release date will be and people in computer stores seem to be similarly clueless. I hope loads of the bugs which we've been hearing about will be fixed, but I fear thats wishful thinking.

3. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have an american copy of the game and I live in Europe and I can't find any problems, probably the only thing that changes is finding a company to distribute it and take the rights to make copies and then make copies of the game to sell and all of the problems that could be avoided by just importing the games

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] The EB games affiliate here in Sweden (www.tradition.se) says the release date is now pushed back to October 11.

Someone deserves to get beaten to a f*cking bloody mess for this release date screw up! :mad:

5. monkey Gems: 6/31

I wanted to get some serious play in before i started term and had to work - now it's going to come out mid-term and I'm going to get no work done.

6. Earl Grey

[​IMG] This is such a piece of #@@ing %{@¤it cra&py bul!§*#! :mad: :mad:

On the following dates Tradition (EB affiliate in Sweden) advertised the following release dates:
    - August 22: IWD 2 will be released in Sweden on August 30.
    - August 28: IWD 2 will be released in Sweden on September 27.
    - September 27: IWD 2 will be released in Sweden on October 11.
    - October 7: IWD 2 will be released in Sweden on October 18.

Is it any wonder I get :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: flaming mad?

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] monkey - most of the delays are language issues. They need to change color to colour, armor to armour, defense to defence, etc...For you silly Brits! ;) :p :grin: :lol:

** I don't know why I posted this...Just in a silly mood, I suppose...**

Kinda :yot:

8. Earl Grey

[​IMG] Is that really true? If so then I have an idea on how they can eliminate the delays caused by translating into 111 different languages:

- Print more copies of the US/Canadian version of the game.
    - On the box you put a label which reads: "This game is made in US or Canada and uses American-English spelling. Deal with it!"

I'm so fed up with manuals constantly being translated - into Swedish in my case. Oh well, at least films aren't dubbed here. Oh yeah... and I don't live in Greece... so my gaming doesn't make me a criminal.
    My-oh-my, this turned into quite a rant! :o

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I was teasing...Sorry! ;) :p

10. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

"- On the box you put a label which reads: "This game is made in US or Canada and uses American-English spelling. Deal with it!"

Actually, the dialogue is written in Canada, where we do not ordinarily practice bizarre spellings such as "Armor" for "Armour", or "Hor" for "Hour", or whatever else our adorably creative Southern neighbours do with the English language. They must translate the game's dialogue *into* American before releasing it! The marvel...

11. monkey Gems: 6/31

How can I import the game - I am fed up with waiting.

I tried amazon and they said they couldn't ship outside of the US - Is there anywhere online that will import it?

12. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

My UK copy has been on backorder so long that my card expired! Got an email today saying order cancelled due to card failure.

The only silver lining is that to my knowledge they only look to take payment when they are about to ship? There's hoping for you!

Particularly since latest UK release date is 18th as well.

Oh, and Monkey, there are UK sites that sell imports. If you go for a US one you're not likely to receive it before next Friday and it'll cost you a fortune. Buggered if I can find the link to the one I've seen tho'. Sorry. I'll add it if I can find it.

[Edit] Try Strategic Plus They advertise it at £39.99, but I dunno if they charge shipping or have stock etc. [Edit]

[ October 10, 2002, 15:36: Message edited by: Viking ]

13. monkey Gems: 6/31

Thanks Viking I'll check it out.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  15. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ordering from Chips & Bits to Europe adds at least another $30 to the price.

16. monkey Gems: 6/31

I think I'm going to wait - I just can't afford the import prices.

17. Viking Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] GOD DAMN!

According to the Gamer website, this has yet again been pushed out. Now Nov 1st.

WHAT is going on?

I could have bloody translated this game into at least 3 different languages myself in my spare time by now. :flaming: :flaming: Get a grip!

[ October 17, 2002, 15:29: Message edited by: Viking ]

18. Juggalo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

erm, Its out here in chesterfield..... I'm almost positive. I'll check again soon though to make sure!

19. Viking Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Chesterfield (Midlands?? Only if you count Scotland! ;) ) must be well ahead of it's time as Virgin Interactive have just pushed it out to November 8.

At this rate I'll be happy to see it before Christmas. Oh, well.

Still I trust most of my European bretheren are in the same boat, since I think Virgin are the Pan European disties? Would kind of help to know that I'm not alone. :(

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You aren't, but by now almost everyone either bought it in US and had it shipped to Europe, or got a pirated version. Which is really sad. But obviously Interplay can't get another distributer, even if this one is worthless.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.