1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Two unrelated yet highly important questions

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Yerril, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

1. If a crowd of people were swallowed up by a wave of lava, would there be any trace left behind? I'm talking a visible remain, like maybe a calcium deposit or something. I dunno, I'm not scientist, that's why I'm asking you guys.

2. Someone with a fast connection could do me a huge favour. As the Fascist Firewall employed by the distributor of this connection will not allow it, could one of y'all download me a song. It's a cover by my favourite band, R.E.M., of a song by my second-favourite band, U2. The song is called "One". If someone could maybe, get it on Kazaa or something, I dunno. If all else fails and you feel really generous, you could use "We Talk" and download it via WinMX. We Talk is basically just a big collection of mostly R.E.M. songs being shared by various guys everywhere. Check it here. Remember, it's called "One", and it's by REM (originally written by U2). If by some miracle, someone actually does get a hold of this file, could you tell me here or via PM, and we'll sort out e-mail. Thankyou. :p

(By the way, having checked the FAQ, I get the sneaky suspicion that this may be disallowed by the forum rules. However, I will say that R.E.M. have decreed that all songs of theirs are perfectly legal to download, just as long as they are not from an album - which this one isn't. Still, delete if ye will, Tal.)

2. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

1.) No

2.) No

3.) Go to your room.

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

1) You mean will there be a greasy spot on the floor if somehow someone manages to clean all the lava away?

2) sorry, I have dial-up. Besides, how is emailing the song going to help? You still have to download it off your mail server.

4. notforyou Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

1) what exactly are you planning Yerril?

2)I have the live version on mp3, it's about 4 megs so I think I can attach it via yahoo mail.tell me if it's still relevant.

5. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

1) Won't the teeth still be intact or what tempeture does those melt at?

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    1. when the lava cools down it will be rock so you wouldn't be able to find anything anyway but I should imagine if lava is molten rock then that melts at a much higher temperature than bone

2. Not allowed to download anything at the moment due to evil virus monster

7. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

1) Well depending on how fast and how big the lava flow is, yes and no. If it did overtake them unexpectantly no matter how slowly, they could be burned to death by the lava but say they were sitting in a steel chair and it melted around them, they would be trapped in that steel chair frame and if the lava wasn't coming layer after layer there would still be some remains sticking up out of the ground after the stuff cooled. But if for some reason it was a big, giant, fast moving flow and rocks from the volcano (which i hope the lava would be coming from) hit the ppeople and crushed them to the ground then they would all be buried under molten rock. So you choose your scenario, and yes, what the hell are you planning??!?

2)I have Kazaa and I'm afraid, very afraid...

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

1. Teeth are not bone, but you're right in that rock has a much higher melting point than enamel. There will be nothing left.

2. No. Won't ever touch Kazaa. I could get it off of Napster. You'd still have to download it anyway, so I fail to see how that helps you at all.

9. Yerril Gems: 22/31

Fear not, number 2 is sorted, many thanks to Judas. Praise he!

As for number 1, that's dissappointing. I was hoping that on top of the rock would be like melted bone or something. Guess not. :(

And none of you need Ph3ar my Plans, other than Shralp, who knows what's coming to him.

10. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

@Yerril..you could always pretend that one of the lava victims was wearing a rolex.

Glad you got the song...have to look for it myself, as I have always liked both of those bands.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yerril - Pompeii? They found the remains didn't they. So I presume remains would be left with your lava as well.

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    No remains for Pompei. Those people were covered in ashes, and decomposed with time. The "discoveries" are actually hollow statues of what the people looked like - there is not organic material inside.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] they were still remains though, because they remained afterwards.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.