1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Twisted Rune: A Walkthrough?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bateluer, May 30, 2002.

1. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Link me please? I have to leave in under a week, and I will not have access to a computer for over 200 days. I want to finish the Twisted Rune quest, but I do not wish to think my way through it. :p

2. C'Jakob Guest

1. Get a Rogue Stone. You can find one in Spellhold, the defiled Sun temple, Firkraag's lair, and other places with much treasure.

2. Go to the Bridge District and find a house to the very south. If you did the Kangaxx quest, it is just right to the door where the elemental lich was located. Watch for traps. The Rogue Stone serves as a link to get the the TR's hideout. If you don't have one, there's only darkness ahead.

3. Fight the Twisted Rune. You will encouter Shangalar first on a big table, then he'll summon his buddies: A beholder, a greater vampire, a high-level mage, and a fighter (apparently without equipment). Of course, you'll be fighting Shangalar himself too (he's a lich). Dig up old posts to find tactics on beating them. An anti-magic scroll on yourself, or shapeshifting into an Iron Golem with Shapechange works quite well.

[This message has been edited by C'Jakob (edited May 30, 2002).]

3. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I wish I could summon a [that you can do from console I guess, but not in SoA - Ex] . . . total immunity to magic/magical weapons. :)

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 30, 2002).]

4. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] Twisted Rune.. Twisted rune...

*Opens up walk through*

Ahhh, right then...

Shangalar: 50,000EXP, and 3,890Gp
    Tough guy, casts, Mislead, spell shield, Time stop, Death spell, wail of a banshee. etc.
    The behoulder - Vaxall: 14,000EXP
    Eye-beams, Paralyse, Domination, Anti-magic ray, cause serious wounds, Flesh to stone.
    Vampire - Shyressa: 10,500EXP
    Drain 4 lvls, in one hit, he can also drain characters hitpoints and add them to his own. But you can turn him with a high lvl cleric.
    Revanak: 6,00EXP
    Powerful fighter, but don't bother too much about it.
    Layenne: 4,00EXP, 25Gp
    Weakest character, and can be dropped with a backstab at the begging.

To leave, take the behoulders eyestalk and put it into the cauldron of "soup" to the right. Activating the machine in the northwest alcove then transports you back to the bridge district. :roll:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.