1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TV show The Following

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by fastfritz, Jan 23, 2013.

1. fastfritz Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Tried to watch The Following the other night. I had trouble keeping track of the story because of all the flashbacks. The cut, chop and dice with the story as well as the video made it hard to follow. Had to get up and wipe the blood off the screen several times to see the show. Wondered what others thought of the show.:confused::confused:

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Loved it. I didn't find it hard to follow at all to be honest. Right up my alley for TV shows. I like Purefoy in movies, thinking he will be pull off an excellent serial killer role. I was surprised they killed off his lone surviving victim in the pilot. Pretty dark stuff though, they are pushing the limit of what can be shown on regular TV.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I quite liked it. As a concept, it's great. Serial killer who gets his anonymous cult-like followers to do his dirty-work for him. Great cast as well. Weird seeing Kevin Bacon on a TV show, but I felt the same way with Kiefer Sutherland when he started on 24, and by episode 2 or 3 he settled in so well I forgot he was ever in movies.

The story was a bit thin in the pilot, but I definitely see potential for this series.

As an aside - I was a bit shocked by how graphic the violence was for a major network. The Walking Dead can get away with it because it's cable, and Game of Thrones can because HBO is a pay network. But Fox? Yowsa. I realize the line between "network" and "cable" is largely meaningless these days. But still, I was taken aback.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Got it on DVR; haven't watched it yet. :)

5. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I liked it at the beginning, now I think it's getting boring.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hm. There were a few things that I think were just silly and detracted from the show.

Spoilers if you care... and forgive me if I get some names wrong.

Maggie escaping from Ryan. Rick is shot once already, somehow gets up to attack Ryan from behind which distracts him for less than a second to put Rick down for good, and suddenly she's vanished.

Claire able to ditch an FBI team watching her. So that she can go and get into a car alone with someone she doesn't know who is almost certainly a serial killer. WTF? :confused:

The whole gang of Emma, Jacob, Paul and Joey escaping from the farmhouse after being surrounded by local police, FBI and SWAT. Because a pair of SWAT agents let a couple of bad guys get the drop on them... Come on. I could buy the local police woman getting the drop on the FBI guy Mike to help Emma and Joey get away, but Ryan caught up to them, shoots the police woman and suddenly Emma and Joey are in the car and away it goes. WTF?

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's all very, very daft and very, very silly. Something about it is mildly entertaining though. Probably Purefoy.

8. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I enjoy the performances of several of the actors. Bacon is really good too, and the kid from the X-Man movies (I can never remember that guy's name, though). It looks like they are going to deepen or broaden the role played by the FBI supervisor too. It's well-shot, pretty, and it tries to be fast-paced.

But yeah, it's so implausible and increasingly so.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.