1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tron: Legacy 3D

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Dec 18, 2010.

1. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Umm, he'd be a little old for this movie, wouldn't he? I mean, he wasn't exactly young in the first one, though he was appropriate for some senior exec. Fill him in almost 30 years later and I just don't see it.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    With today's special effects, look what they did with Jeff Bridges, both the younger looking Clu and the wizened Flynn. ;)

But like I said, not necessary, but would have been nice. :)

3. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    No, I meant the character would be pretty old. Unless you intended the MCP to make a comeback, but I don't like it when dead villians come back to life.

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Saw it last night. I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty solid. One thing that did bug me though was the Matrix rip-off scene.

The bit in the bar/dance place with Zeus. Straight rip-off from the 2nd/3rd Matrix movies that I thought was unnecessary. You could argue that the Matrix was, at least in part, a rip-off of Tron, but I think that's a stretch. Anyway, it's just a minor quibble.

PS. Olivia Wilde is seriously beautiful. Like her hair color better as 13 though.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Saw it again, and I will change my earlier statement. The plot is actually pretty interesting, I liked it more the second time. The dialogue during one-liners is horrible, but whenever Jeff Bridges speaks it is incredibly well acted and is intriguing. Garret Hedlund acted very well at moments (when he is about to cry when seeing Kevin Flynn for the first time) and horrible during others ("What you've built here... it's incredible," when they are on the train was laughably horrible, like the way Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl would say something.)

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Though I too missed David Warner, I did notice that they (kind of) brought the character back, briefly (imo, as a setup to future movies). In the board room scene at the beginning, the douchebag CEO credits the company's current and future success to its lead software designer "Edward Dillinger, Jr.," both a direct reference to Warner's Sark character and - considering the casting choice of Cillian Murphy - a likely nod to a sequel already in the works.

7. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Something I've been recommending to other people and planning to do myself is see this move again if it comes out in the half-dome theater the local public museum has.

I think that would rock.

The theater itself is IMAX but I think the one in Chicago is not-either way seeing this movie in a domed theater would be neat IMO.

The only problem is the theater doesn't really advertise so I have to occasionally check on it to see if anything neat is going to be there rather than the reverse-don't want to miss seeing if in that manner if I get the chance to.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I saw it on Thursday and I like the movie. Music is great, the imagery is amazing and the story good enough. Nice movie. Very entertaining.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.