1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Triple digit Temperatures...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...don't bother stopping by, I'd bore you to death. I'm just not very entertaining... :rolleyes:

@HB, the weather doesn't just jump from freezing to 100+, it works its way up, so you gradually get used to it...now if you were to fly here from the Notrh Pole, then it would be like walking in to a brick wall of heat as soon as you left the termial. :rolling:

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@HB, at the dam or at home?
    At dam temperatures are very high, there are some components that get very hot, and in summer, 8mt high transformers filled with 2000 litters of oil get veeery hot.
    At home, every year is getting hotter, winters last just one month or less, summers are very hot.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sydax, if my maths are correct, then anything over 100F is higher than anything you ever get in my home town (where the breeze blows in Celsius). An Auckland summer at 30C is hot enough for me, thank you very much.

5. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Kitrax: Why do people say 'bore to death'? I'm usually bored to a killing spree.

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Listen to the man. He be a genius.

I looooove the weather here. Running in the afternoon...mmm. Best exercise option around. Nothing like coming back from a run in 90 degree temperature under a pouding sun and taking a cold shower. Best. Feeling. Ever.

7. Harbourboy

More like: Sounds. Like. Torture. :nuts:

8. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

Melbourne's weather is much the same as HB's experience, only slightly warmer and with more idiots.

During summer, though, forget it. If you're lucky, you only get a few stretches of temperatures over 40 C (over 100 F) for a few days at a time. The last few summers have been mild, which is great for me. Usually you get a cool change after about 4-7 days of high 30s/low 40s, and normally it's a dry heat, which makes it bearable.

However, last summer I had to move house when it was about 38 C (100.4 F) and because I was moving with the girlfriend, I was doing all the heavy lifting. She, of course, was fine - by her own admission she's cold-blooded and positively basks in the heat.

Yeah, that move was sooooo much fun... :bang:

The only worse heat-related experience worse than that I've had was having to walk home from school on a 42-degree day at midday. After that 45-minute walk (which really couldn't have waited) I reckon I was at least a kilo lighter.

9. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't think I've ever experienced 100 degree weather. It's currently 56 degrees and raining here in Stockholm. ;)

10. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

Haha, how about a two hour hike up hill, jogging all the way, with the temp. around 103, and being so high up you have to take double the amount of breaths. That is the essence of Utah, for all you folks.

Kit, have you every taken the long way up to Twin Lakes? Or, how about the climb up to Timpanogas Cave?

11. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Well, right now in Barcelona is 35 Cº, and in places like Sevilla (near to Africa) they are 43Cº right now. But that is nothing compared to 48 Cº everyday back in Argentina.

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Having lived in Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Austin, Los Angeles, and Orlando triple digit temperatures have been the norm for most of my life. Living in Chicago the triple digits with 80% humidity are really bad days.

The worst was driving into Freeport, Texas the temperature was only 90 but had just fallen from over 110 in an hour and the humidity was 110%! I had to run my windshield wipers on low to see through the moisture condensing on the windshield. Gulf of Oman during the summer was not fun either....

BC: I'm getting terrible flashbacks of Salt Lake City...please stop :)

13. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

Bad or good ones?

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Actually, when I used to live in CA, we came up to UT to visit family, and my bro-in-law decided to take us hiking to the TOP of Mt. Timpanogas. The temp was in the upper 90's, but what killed us was the sudden change of elevation. Going from sea level to whatever the top of Mt. Timpanogas is, made us sick, and we had to stop for about 3 hours once we got to the top, just to recover before going back down.

Today is supposed to be the coolest day of the week at only 96-ish degrees with threats of T-Storms. Maybe I'll go fly a kite when the wind starts picking up. :rolling:

15. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

Ouch; pressure change from Hell.

Today was actually pretty cool, probably because of all the wind. And, in Utah, anything below 100 is cool, so...

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think it would be pretty darn scary if we hit triple digits here cause we use celsius.

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Which is so say: it is gray and boring most of the year in the southern Finland. I swear, the snows seem to come only after December, although once you move past Kajaani it gets freezingly cold (maybe because that is 'polar' area :p ).

Man I wish I lived in a country where summer lasts 3/4 of a year...

18. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Here in North Carolina, we hit 100 yesterday, then a major lightning storm blew through and we were at 68 degrees last night. Quite a change.

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I sure love being in Montréal, Freezing as Hell in Winter Hot as well Hell in summer Rainy autumn and non-existant spring... yeah!

We had like a week of -40C last winter (which would be oddly enough -40 F )

and in july with had dry and hot months with 35C+ (95F+)

Isn't it grand living here?

20. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

You guys are all nuts. Anythin higher then 30 C here is considered to be "really high". I think our records are around 35 C for the hottest day ever.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.