1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Triple digit Temperatures...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So for the past week, and pretty much for the rest of July, and a big part of August, the daily temperature of the Salt Lake City area, and anything lower is 100 degrees or above. At the very south end of the UT state, in a city called St. George, the daily temps are well over 100 degrees for a good 1/2 to 3/4 of the entire year! :eek:

The good thing about it, is the humidity...or lack there of. Dry heat is nothing compared to what Southern CA and FL must deal with.

So any one else out there in the triple digits as well?

(Oh, and all temperatures are in Fahrenheit...anyone who can't do the temp conversion in their head, try the Online Conversion web site.) :rolling:

2. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I am. But, considering we live in the same state, that is no big feat.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Those sort of temperatures sound unbearable. I'm glad I live somewhere that has sensible weather.

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I have never experienced temperatures like that outside of a sauna. How can you live that way?

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

We're bitching when it gets up in the 90's and humid. But then again, some of those days I'm out on a hay wagon...

6. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

Well, though the mormons of Utah do not accept it, I lounge about in a pure white fish-net thong, and clear hot-pants. That way, I'm completely venthilated, and the sun's rays don't heat up very much on white.

I'm telling you, it's the only way to beat the heat.

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've been down to Utah before, so I can feel your pain. I'm sure Jaguar will agree that the weather here in BC has been superb. Not too hot yet, not too much rain either.

Even the radio station I listened too commented on BC weather being the best. Too wet and rainy in the prairie provinces, and too hot in the east coast.

8. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Thanks for that Biffie. I have a visual imagination.

/derails train of thought

Yeah, that's pretty damn hot, isn't it? Some parts of Australia are worse than that most of the year though. :grin:

9. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Average Florida summer is 92F with 70% humidity. Me, I'm a native, so I'm used to it. Dry weather makes me miserable...

10. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

In my hometown in Spain, the average temperature during July and August is around 95-104F and we don't really know what humidity is :)

Here in Dublin, the temperature in summer doesn't really go above 77F, which is quite reasonable.

11. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

@Yirimyah: I know you enjoyed it.

I've been living here for a while, so triple digits is natural to me. In fact, anything less wouldn't seem like summer.

Heh, Utah, the only place in the world wear you can freeze to death, and burn your hand on your car door in the same day.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Philly's been pretty miserable lately, too. When you walk out of the house at 5:30 am. and already start sweating, you know it's gonna be horrid.

Portland, Oregon, has the best summer weather I've ever experienced: warm days (low 80's), cool nights (50's), low humidity. Perfect!

13. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

100F forcasted for today in Oklahoma. -- Hot and dry, with no sign of rain. (My poor flowers. :( )

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Errrr, Kitrax, you do realize that Southern California has the best weather around, right? One of the reasons so many people live here (or want to) is the complete lack of humidity, coupled with the proximity of the beach and general warm temperatures.

Every now and again we get a "humid" day. As a former New Yorker, let me tell you that a humid day here is nothing compared to a summer day on Long Island.

I live in paradise (now, how do I get rid of all of the crazies . . . ?)

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All of you people who live in such heat are insane. How can you bear it? Even worse for those of you who live in places that then go on to be freezing cold in the winter. :nuts:

I never realised what a paradise New Zealand was until I travelled overseas and learnt how extreme the weather can get in other parts of the world. I much prefer the mild sea breeze we get here which ensures that it's not too cold in the winter and not too stifling in the summer. Beautiful. :)

16. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

You deal with it. Stay indoors, buy swamp-cooler, make lots of iced tea (which, like my thong and hotpant combo, are frowned upon), and whatnot.

Go out and sunset, and become a night owl. Hoot.

:pope:

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    *shudders*

Those don't work anywhere the average humidity is above 40-50%...I can't stand them anyway, give my central air, or give me death! :rolling:

18. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

Hey, I live in the same county as you! I could follow you IP Address, and find out where you live! And, it wouldn't be a hassle! So, don't shudder, you are at my mercy!

My swamp cooler is just fine for me, but I had a AC for a while, so I can relate.

19. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well I have just one problem with the weather in Finland and that's the damn autnum. It's so damn depressing when it's rain, it's dark and it's cold. Winter is significantly better because then you atleast have snow to bring some brightness (a winter with little snow is hell).

EDIT: In Finland it has been about 25 degrees (celcius) for the past few weeks, a bit too hot for my liking. It has not rained very much either which again means that the electricity bills will hit the skies in wintertime.

20. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

When I lived in Argentina, I worked in a hydroelectric plant and I was in places with 131 degree Fahrenheit; and in summer time, back home, is normal to have 107.6 degree Fahrenheit; now here in Spain, we have 100.4 degree Fahrenheit and people here complain about it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.