1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Transfer of char

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Shadow Assassin, Jun 28, 2001.

1. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm not very familiar with 3e rules, but wouldn't just naming a char the same name, making him the same class, and giving him the same portrait(if possible) be essentially the same as importing your bg2 char

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would say that's more than likely, but we'll just have to see if the developers make it a bit more interesting...

3. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

lets hope otherwise its pointless to import your bg2 chars.

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Well shadow I think you about summed it up. All those "import your BG2 character to NWN' screen we saw during loading on BG2 were just PR. The system is different and the XP cap is different. So you would be importing much. As BTA said we'll see what happens but don't hold you breath.

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

they were stupid, hyped up then didn't fulfill, they're gonna lose a lot of players for this, especially with all the games coming out now. I mean a lot of people are gonna say screw it and play tob and the diablo2 expansion which just came out, and we all know how long it takes to max out your lvl in diablo2 considering it hasn't happened yet on battle.net so if they don't make it more appealing and hold up their end they will be so screwed

6. ayecapitan Guest

aaw, come one, goodly folk...
    this topic was already discussed, with rage and fyre
    Just wait 'til its out, and its still gonna be The Game, even if one cannot import all those ridiculously powerful and unrealistic chars from BG2

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well all I gotta say is if Tal sees this, he's gonna rip somone a new @$$hole. I already got yelled at once for making a point as to why they absoloutly will not be any importing of any worthwhile kind of BG2 characters into NWN. Sorry, I'd make a good point again, but I'm shiddering right now at the thought of Sorcerer's Wrath (10th level spell by the way :D). Everyone should duck and cover....

8. Herr'Don Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'd hardly say that BI will loose lots of players, and that they'd all go to play ToB or Diablo 2 expansion.

Here are the reasons why...

You can make your own games and dungeones, etc and even Dungeon Master them. This is the most incredible thing I've ever heard to be released by BI, as I have planned a dew giant games myself.

Internet play in never-ending worlds.

A full single-player game.

And more!

Diablo 2 Expansion wont even compare to this.

And even ToB has it's limits, but it's still a must have.

Herr'Don

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Someone post the link to where we discussed this the last time, PLEASE...

10. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

11. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

I had already read that I was just saying how pissed I was about it, I mean look at the pointlessness of it. I think we should hassle them with annoying e-mail to try to get them to either fix it so we can actually get something out of importing our char's or release a patch to allow it once the game is released, and if they don't then I guess it'll be time for some fun with hex code for me

remember just because something is better doesn't mean it'll do better on the shelves. Diablo expansion will probably outsell it by about twice as much. I play both so I know diablo gets boring after a while with its repetativeness, but those people that want ease will always go to the diablo name, including members of my own family.

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited June 30, 2001).]

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I disagree about the Diablo expansion outselling NWN. It's just my opinion, of course, but I don't see it hapening. But then, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Forget about importing stuff into NWN. The whole stat system and class system (at least as far as kits go) is completely differnt. It only supports up to level 20, so importing a level 18 character (much less a level 40 character from the expansion) is worthless. You'd have to add your feats and skills anyways. And you had to know from the start they would never let you import items and weapons anyway, so forget about that. It just won't work. There is too much different about NWN and BG2 to make it go.

13. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Importing into NWN is screwey anyway. Everything in NWN should be earned the hard way, starting from level 1; and make no mistake it will be hard. This is going to be the 'olympics' of gaming. In many of the worlds, death is PERMANENT, ie no reloading and 'lets try that again.' You will not be up against an AI that you can fineagle your way around but a live DM who is probably as smart as you so if you try cheesey tricks you are going to get EATEN. Not up to it? Understandable, stick with hackable CRPGs. But anyone who gets to 20th level in NWN will have EARNED the respect of his/her peers.

14. ayecapitan Guest

[​IMG] Indeed, 'tis the beauty o the game.
    You can live a life of your character from the start of his career. If you are indeed good, you will reach high levels and say that you are good. And everyone will acknowledge, nothing alike saying that you've slayed Firkraag (ah, BG, again :)) and he was easy.

Items: Ridiculous! How many people running around with The Holy Avengers can you imagine? Got it?

15. Drizzt Banned

[​IMG] hey, you can import all of your BG2 character, but it jsut can not be a "vault" character, becuase ou could easliy hack stuff up then import into NWN, so thats why you hsould all make new characters, and play in vault only servers

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.