1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trademeet

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tania wandered down to a stream where beavers had built a dam creating a pleasant pool. She entered the pool submerging and then swiming happily around in her silkie form. Stepping out of the pool she changed to human form but sat at the edge dangling her feet in the water and thinking.

She had two natures, the silkie one was fun loving, playfull, self-centered and usually unaware of the harm she could cause to humans. She was not malicious just not thoughtful. Her human nature cared for the balance of nature and could be quite caring and concerned for others. She had chosen Lathander as her god because he was the god of renewal. She strove hard to follow his teachings.

Yet she loved the sea, loved the freedom she found there but in the sea she was silkie. She wondered if she would ever be able to unite her dual nature getting the best from each.

With a shake of her head she rose, right now the important thing was to face and overcome the threat to both sea and land. She was refreshed from her swim but placed her own bed-roll, lay down, set her mind to wake before dawn and fell asleep.

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

After a day's rest, and a strong invisibility spell ;) , the group stirred and cleared the camp.

"The cover of darkness will be very useful for us. Now, the next decision is up to you. Which Veatcys would you like to hunt first?" :D

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Fine, if no one will reply, I will decide," Elwithral said with a slight frown, "We are off to Lurkwood." He nodded at Dalamar, and they both cast a quick Dimension Door spell on everyone.

The snow crunched as they stepped out of the Door, just outside of Red Larch. "Well, is everyone ready?"

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

:( "No one feels like chatting? Oh well, on with the show I guess." Elwithral took a drag on the almost milky looking air around him. The snow seemed to excrete some sort of gas.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "At least the snow is water in a sense but what is that coming from it?

Tania shakes her head and wonders what they've gotten into now.

She looks around at the others to see if they are alright.

6. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dalamar had already disappeared into the shadows. The white gas hung heavily slowing his quick movements by a hair. Only a hair, but Dalamar was greatly frustrated. He did loop and saw, heard, sensed, smelled nothing unusual, other than the air of course.

Well then were to? I don't like this, let's kill her and be done with it. Her palace isn't far, I could have her head by the morning. Or just her guards heads if you want to have some of the fun aswell.

[ May 14, 2006, 19:07: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

It's a man. And its a hut, not a palace.

Dalamar retorts, No matter. I don't care.

Everyone seemed alright so the illustrious adventurer explained to the group their situation. He was open to ideas.

8. Nakia

Media:
    Tania looked around at the others to see if anyone had any brilliant ideas or even not so brilliant ideas.

"All we know is that this Tyraqit is a barbarian with very dangerous axes. I suggest we approach from different directions. That way he can't target the group and we may be able to confuse him. We have quite a bit of magical power among us. Let's use it."

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"But remember not to underestimate him. If he's one of the leaders of this seemingly powerful cult, he's a force that most of us have not yet seen the equal of. Uum n' ashan llie n'alaquel arta i' tulien arrn." A slight look of confusion crossed the faces of the troupe. "As the elven say, Never turn your back on the coming storm. So, if you can make sense of that; again, do not underestimate this foe."

Elwithral waited for the others' input.

OoC: We really need Scot. :( Nakia, any news?

10. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Lotar sighed deeply "Well, If no one wanted to go first against O'Gera like I thought we would, whatever. If the barbarian is first then I have to agree with Tania, we are heavily armed with spells and magic, we could take him down from a far with many casts"

Lotar looked towards Tania, and unexpectedly smile at her.

[ May 21, 2006, 18:42: Message edited by: Maurolava ]

11. Nakia

Media:
    Tania raises an eyebrow and smiles back.

"Shall we get started?"

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Of course. His hut, I am sure, is somewhere in the middle of the forest. But, we should get closer to Lurkwood before planning." Elwithral took another whiff of the strange air and trudged forward in the crunchy snow.

As they walked closer to Triboar, the strange air seemed to dissipate, and Elwithral decided to acquire some horses, to quicken their pace, and to create an illusion that they were normal. ;) The group came to a small gate on the outskirts of the town. Galliel chatted with the watchman there and soon after the gate quietly slid open.

Once they were inside, the noticed that all sorts of peasants were stopping, pointing, and staring at the troupe. Smile. Don't make eye contact Dalamar. Elwithral knew that something horrible would happen if one of these commoners was to see his own deathly white eyes, or Dalamar's demonic red eyes. He glanced upwards and caught sight of a small inn with a stable and quickly cast a spell to hide his and Dalamar's eyes.

"Ah, hullo sir!" Elwithral said, smiling. A crease appeared in the old innkeeper's forehead as Elwithral continued. "We are going to need a room or two, we have six with us, and also we need a few horses, if you can spare them."

The innkeeper nodded slowly, and then pointed to a narrow staircase leading up. Elwithral grinned and nodded, thanking the keeper, and dropped a bag of coins on the bar. Elwithral lead them to their rooms and pulled Galliel aside.

"You haven't been very vocal as of late, Galliel." Her eyes dropped to the floor.

"I.. I don't know what's wrong. But.. But I think I'm getting weaker.." A small cough escaped, "But I can still help with the Veatcys!"

His hand gently pulled her chin up to eye level, "That will not do. You will stay here with Enduviel*. She will take care of you."

After much arguement, Galliel gave in and retreated to her room. And Elwithral too, retreated to his room after enlightening the others with information of Galliel's sickness.

* Enduviel is a large dog-like creature, similar to Gwynephere in that she was once a domestic pet, and has now been magically enhanced to have higher intelligence and wisdom, making her a worthy pet for Elwithral. She can also heal with her licks, and can find most everything with her nose. She looks like a golden retriever/collie/lab. (That's my dog in RL ;) )

[ May 25, 2006, 22:26: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

13. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Tania, do you have any ideas as to ways we can approach him? I haven't slept in a few weeks, so my brain's moving a bit slow," Again, he smiled. "Or Lotar, do you have any ideas?"

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral, in the morning, after a long night's sleep, knocked and opened the door to the others' room. "Wake up! I have presents."

Once everyone had awoken and refreshed themselves, he handed them all a folded piece of paper. "Last night," he began, "I made a copy for each of you of the map that the Harpers gave us. They've been made with the greatest care and precision, so the duplicates are almost exact to the original. I've written in the names of each of the Veatcys, as the halfling who made this already indicated their location."

Elwithral's map can be found here. I would like it if all of you saved the map to your computer, or at least bookmarked it. P.S. Might be hard to read because I had to resize it, and I wanted a map that looked written and not printed.

15. Nakia

Media:
    Tania takes her copy of the map and looks it over carefully, then rolls it up and stows it away in her backpack.

"Let's get some breakfast and do a little conferencing. How is Galliel? She hasn't been looking well." She settles herself at a table in the bar room, waves to a server and orders breakfast. It is early and there are few patrons so they have a bit of privacy.

Looking at the others, "It seems we have to face an enemy who throw prodigious axes around. I still think our best line is to divide and conquer using our magic talents. However I am open to any suggestions anyone has. Always good to have several plans in mind. If plan A fails maybe plan B will work. I can mist myself and Dalamar certainly does shadows well. I'm not as good in the dark as the rest of you but can manage as long as there is moisture so maybe we should attack at night."

16. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

" I agree with Tania. A knife in the darkness kills as well as a sword in light." Dalamar stated." Though, the walls will be guarded and I and perhaps the silkie will be able to... eliminate them quickly and undetected." Not really caring for an answer he turned to Tania." Do you know you'll be able to do this? Or do you only think you can?"

Dalamar waited for the response by remembering all the speels he'll need and prepping of the mind to get the feats he will about to concieve, perfect for action.

17. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Dalamar crawled up the fortress wall, he was invisible in the night. Slinking his way to the top, he leapt on the parapet. Two guards were nearby warming by the brazier. Crouching down he slid the knives out of his boots, being ambidexterous is a good skill to have as the blades connect with necks at the same time. Both were dead, but he had time enough to capture their souls. He pulled he rope he was carying and lowered to the friends below. He didn;t wait and scurried away, he was hungry and his favourite meal was fresh blood and a side order of soul-shake.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

The travel was long, and all were tired, even Gwyn! Dalamar had already ascended unto the fortress, and so far, they had been unnoticed. Or so they hoped, but Elwithral sensed heavy magic around the area. Elwithral contacted Dalamar with his mind, seeing that Dalamar was killing a guard on the wall.

So what exactly do you want us to do?

19. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Follow up, and kill some of these mortals, c'mon it'll be fun

Dalamar summoned Gywn, she appeared in a dark mist beside him.

"Go have supper," he grinned, before he warned. "Silence is a virtue, and eat it all, yes even the eyeballs, we can't have guards finding bodies parts."

Gywn slunk off, but the thought of food was good enough for her, even if she had to eat the eye balls. She gave a shudder and ran off.

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral sensed Gwyn's lifeforce and smiled, the appearance of her into his life always made him smile. She was like a little, although technically bigger, sister.

Elwithral flew up to the fortress wall, bending the light so he could only be seen by those whom he gave permission. :) He went down some stairs into a bunker, where two scraggly men lay. He bent down over one, his white eyes piercing the man's mind. The man had a wife and a child, the wife's name Syane, and the child's Ruurs. The man loved both of them with all of his heart and soul, even though he had carried on with other women at times. Elwithral, although hardened with years of experience, winced at the thought of taking the man's soul. He had grown accustomed to guards and warriors of fortresses and compounds being honorable, tricked and fooled into an illusion of something great.

Elwithral delved deeper, but too deep, for the man stirred and awoke, gasping at the sight of the ghostly eyes of the aasimar. He then, without thinking, stole the man's soul, silencing him forever. The man's memories, feelings, and thoughs flooded Elwithral's mind, causing him to step back. If he did not prepare for a moment, the soul stealing spell sometimes backfired, and the elf lost some of his memories, and the new memories and feelings sometimes overwhelmed him. Sadness flashed over his mind.

Elwithral quickly stole the soul of the other man, not caring to go down that road again. He bent the light back to his invisible demeanor, and continued down the wall, silent as the night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.