1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trademeet

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

It's funny how oblivious this Grey Elf is to who we really are. But don't do anything rash to him, if the chance comes. A slap across the head or a menacing glare will be satisfactory.

"You're right, I shouldn't care. And now, I don't." Elwithral turned to Tania now, who seemed to be staring at Mahtan, "Tania, where exactly do you come from? I seemed to have forgotten."

2. Mahtan Nénharma Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"Haha, the grey elf will learn."whispered Mahtan to himself with a very small smile. He had an urge to shake the founfations of Lotar a bit. He might not feel so sure of himself then. A few fun ideas came to his mind.Lotar probably wouldn't find them funny, though.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tania raised one eyebrow at Elwithral. "Good question with a human father and a silkie mother do I come from the shore or from the sea. Both actually. I feel more at home in the sea but as I travel about on land I find there is more water than I thought. Sometimes it is buried deep but it is there. Unfortunately elves are immune to the enticements of silkies."

The last was said with a glare at the grey elf.

"However there is always the magic of water." She glows a very faint sea green with a couple of minor lighting bolts then returns to normal.

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"But where were you brought up? I'm interested to know."

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Oh, I grew up in the Moonshae Isles. Silkies are air breathing creatures but we are able to stay underwater for hours so I was able to explore deep sea caves and other interesting places. Strange things live deep in the ocean. I have seen monstrous serpents unlike any found on land. Caverns filled with glowing rocks where mermen and maids abide. The wreckage of ships lost in storms and battles. You have the ability to fly but in the water I am just as free as you are in the air."

She smiles wistfully and looks in the direction of the distant ocean.

She sends a mind thought to Elwithral, "You're the boss of this outfit but couldn't I just sort of accidentally zap him with one small lighting bolt?"

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral laughed reflectively, "I lived there at a time. Met an old silkie by the name of Gyruto, and wanted to stay with him, so I did. He was one of the wisest and interesting people I've ever met."

He hopped over a root, "I always wanted to go back there. Perhaps I can visit you there?"

7. Nakia

Media:
    "Silkies live a long time. Not as long as elves about the same as dwarves. One of my greatgrand fathers was named Gyruto. I heard many a story about him but he has rejoined the sea. Of course you may visit me. We are not sure how long I will live but I have matured at about the same rate as a normal silkie. My mother thinks that the silkie dominates the human."

She laughed, "Only time will tell, yes?"

She skipped a little. Her talk with Elwithral had done her good.

"But I know almost nothing of you except you have great power. Tell me a little of yourself, please. And your odd companion. You are so different but obviously very close."

8. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral smiled at the silkie, then nodded in the direction of his companion, "I'll save his tale for another time; it is one of lies, betrayal, murder, and deceit. This is not the time."

Elwithral found it strange that someone actually cared about his heritage, and where he came from. "I guess I could tell you mine. Just tell me when you get bored.

I was born in Suldanessalar, the Elven city in Amn, which you may or may not know of. My mother, a noble priestess of Rillifane, raised me. A smart child I was, or so the priests and priestesses kept telling me," He paused, and sighed reflectively, "For the most-part of my childhood, those priests and priestesses were my only friends. I guess my mother didn't want me to interact with the normal elven children. But I didn't know that at the time; and of course, I didn't even know that I was different.

My mother told me some years later that my father was the Great Mingano, a fabled and infamous celestial at the time. I was so blown away at this news, that I stayed in my meditative 'sleep' for weeks. I just had to think out everything. But, when I finally emerged from the slumber, I felt years older, and acted as much. I soon went to the sorcerer's school, Vil'aty, to fine tune my innate abilities. After I quickly graduated, I trained at the martial arts academy. When I finished all of my intense education, I applied for the job of a High Councillor.

The other Councillors were amazed that someone so young knew so much. I eventually beat out the other applicants and took my place alongside the Queen and the other Councillors on the Table. I was a pen and paper type for a while, but soon became bored and wanted something more. Ellesime sent me out on petty missions as an Ambassador to the Elves, also something I didn't particularly enjoy.

So I resigned from my post, to the dismay of most of the nobles, I was the most promising being to come from Suldanessalar in a long while. I announced that I was going to leave on a whim one morning. My mother pleaded with me not to leave, but I refused to stay. So I left, I left everything, except, of course, my weapons and armor that had been blessed by the Temple and Queen.

Soon after leaving, I changed. My life became more harsh, and my outlook on many things and people changed. But that was all around 600 years ago." He paused to cut through some dense arbory.

"Around 100 years later, I met an elf, one by the name of Dalamar Maximus. His story will be told my him, next time we sit down to rest, which," He tossed back at the others, "will not be for another 20 hours." He returned to his story, "We fought ruthlessly for days, until both us collapsed from exhaustion. Our best moves had been parried by the other's best moves. Our magics had been countered by the other's magic.

We finally, and reluctantly, came to an agreement that we would travel together, just for kicks, he had said. So we travelled for around 3 and a half centuries together, and I guess we made quite a name for ourselves. People started to call us the Light and the Dark, for my use and manipulation of Light, and his of Darkness and Shadows. Also, you might've known that Dalamar was half demon! I had no idea and was blown away when he informed me of such, almost as much as when my father became known to me.

That's a reason we are so well-renowned, we are similar to opposites, as you said. The Demon and the Celestial. Our powers didn't affect each other, and we are still baffled to this day as to why.

And, as you may have heard, we .. divided .. around 150 years ago, and Faerun was in an uproar. No one could find us, they were worried. Not even Elminster could locate us. Of course, we were on other planes, cleverly cloaked on magics beyond this world, researching, training.

When we returned, I guess we both went to our houses in Trademeet for some reason. Kind of fishy, if you ask me. Anyway, we met up, and now the word is spreading that we have returned."

Elwithral took a large breath and smiled sheepishly at the others, he sounded so full of himself.

9. Nakia

Media:
    "So we travel with Celestrial and Demon kin. I do believe in keeping the best company possible."

She settled into the pace Elwithral set moving gracefully across the ground.

10. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

You are too modest my friend. Your history is endless! It took at least a month of campfire stories to tell it to me. My history isn't that bad is it? I guess there's lies, betrayal, murder, and deceit, but what good story doesn't have it. Also your memory is a bit hazzy, I only came with you at first was because of Gywnephyre, she liked you. But if I had of known what a bore you were I'd have packed up and left. He chuckled.

He didn't really want to tell his history, it wasn't that he was ashamed of it or sad, it was just too long and not very pleasant one. A trained assassin usally doesn't have And they lived happily ever after story.

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Now is not the time for a story such as yours, friend. Although it is entertaining to me, some others may be a little.. unnerved by it.

Ah, yes, I remember the first time I met with the large cat. So cute.. and plushy.
    He smiled to himself as he walked. Bore?! Speak for yourself! He chuckled out loud and quickened his pace, they had quite a ways to go.

12. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Ah yes, Gywn was quite chubby...

Dalamar was knocked to the ground by a playful push from a huge padded paw. Dalamar sprang back up before he had even touched ground and leaped upon the cat's rump. He gave her a playful smack and they leaped off together into the darkness.

13. Mahtan Nénharma Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"So where are we going Elwithral....?Or anybody else?"asked Mahtan as he pushed his black hair out of his eyes.
    "I know something ummm... shall we say cataclismic, is about to happen by Dalamar's serious expression.Or is he always that way?,"he asked as the strange demonman bolted into the woods atop his panther," Could you fill me in."
    "As you know my memory is kind of fuzzy."he added with a wink.

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Oh, uh nothing special, someone is trying to take over Faerun, that's all." He said with a wink.

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

The troupe emerged from the forest, blinking at the sudden burst of light. It was early evening. He nodded at the sky, and said to the ground, "Now that there's no interference, we can try a group teleport. We are near the River Delimbiyr, and we need to get to Baldur's Gate. That is where my friends are located."

Tania and Elwithral joined hands and focused their energy on the group, including Dalamar, who was off in the forest still. The Light blinded the newcomers, and Elwithral smiled at the feeling of his power flowing through him. They teleported just outside the walls of the North side of Baldur's Gate. Tania fell to her knees, she was not used to the power. Elwithral and Mahtan helped her up.

"I should've warned you. But now we need to get in, we've wasted enough time already." Elwithral walked over to an intricate carving of an arch-angel that had been hiding on the wall. The carving's lines and contours seemed to flow like water, and the eyes of the angel seemed to sparkle. Elwithral traced the harp that the carving was holding with a finger, and spoke some words that were unknown to the others.

The carving's eyes opened and seemed to vanish, making the wall look normal. Elwithral put a hand through the wall cautiously, and said, "I haven't done this in a while, I didn't know if it'd work." He smiled. As he stepped through, he put an enchantment so that the gray elf's essence would not be accepted. As a joke.

The others came through silently, even Dalamar, who had caught up. Elwithral waited for Lotar, and then stuck and through that was quickly grabbed tightly. Lotar fell to the ground as Elwithral yanked him through. Elwithral chuckled and helped him to his feet.

The others looked around at their surroundings. They were in some sort of hallway. Elwithral waited for one of them to make a sound.

16. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

"What was that, I've try to be polite since we pick up the lost looking elf...."

Lotar got up, with the 'help' of Elwithral,

"Ok, so, is this how we are going to do things, I really don't feel like making a problem, but if this continues I might as well just leave..."

As he was to finish talking, he try to look for and exit, but all that Lotar could see was this long dark hallway with no apparent windows anywhere.

"..ohh, please don't tell me that we are stuck here!"

17. Nakia

Media:
    Tania smiled. "Pays to find out what and who your dealing with. Doesn't pay to assume you are smarter and better than everyone else."

She happily dances over to stand by Mahtan. Looking at Elwithral, "Where to now ,oh Mighty Leader?"

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral gives Tania a sly smile and then says, "We are in the Hall of Misbelief. I don't even know why it is called this; but, all I know is that it leads to the Harper's base. Follow me please." He walks down the hall, the others following reluctantly.

They walk for a few minutes until they come to a large grey-brown door, with three holes in the middle. Elwithral indicates the door, and then explains, "This door needs three different elements of magic to activate. Light, Dark, and Water shall do."

Dalamar, Elwithral and Tania each give some of their energy into the door, and it slowly lurches open. A blinding flash shows them a room filled with people, talking, working, writing, and they file in cautiously. Elwithral happily bounces along to the desk of a young gnome, who looks up at the Elf in awe. :bigeyes:

"Uh.. n-n-need something, s-sir?"

"Hallo, Goruif. How are the kids? Good. Is Saran here?"

"Y-yes, he's in the Room. Down the hall and t-to your left."

"Thank you. Give your wife a kiss for me, the biscuits she made Dalamar and I were delectable." The gnome turned his nervous disposition into one of happiness, and the troupe started down the hallway. They got to a room with two large handles in it, and Elwithral pushed them open with ease.

"Saran! How are you?" Elwithral said to what seemed like nothing. But, from under a desk came a small, elderly man, who seemed to have been reading underneath it.

"Elwithral? We've been expecting you! And good, the Batushi rash has gone!" He said in a tone that didn't suit his physique.

"Good, good. You know why we have come, so give it to us straight and simple. Where are these people located? Who exactly are they? Why?"

"Okay, I've been doing some research, and these people are much like Sarevok had been. They are a group, silly enough, eh? Who want to be gods. *sigh* No one original anymore. Anyway, they call themselves the Veatcys (Vee-ats-eyes), and have several locations.

I also found out that there are four leaders of this group. One is a rakshasa by the name of O'Gera, a greedy fellow, and a spellcaster to be reckoned with. Second is a barbarian from the North, who goes by Tyraqit Juilase. His dual axes have been thrown from a mile away and still hit with the same accuracy as if they had been thrown from 10 feet."

He glances over his notes and starts again," Third is Fearbringer. Nothing much is known of him, except for he used to worship Myrkul, and has a powerful control over the undead. He also uses a Mace and Shield, both of which were stolen from his former Temple. The last is a Thayan assassin, which is strange. She uses a very long whip with a very pointy spike at the end," He chuckles and looks at his books, "Which might hurt. Her name is Violet.

They are all very mighty warriors and each have a different base in Faerun right now. I'll give you a map, which a little halfling created for you." He shows the map to the group, starting with Lotar, "The rakshasa is located in the Mines of Tethamar, in the Anauroch Desert, outside of the Empire of Shadows. The Assassin lives in Lhesper, northwest of the Forest of Amtar. Tyraqit can be found somewhere in Lurkwood. And as for the cleric, he can be found in Mishtan, the City of the Dead.

I haven't any more information, but I will send a messenger to find you if I do. Thank you Elwithral, and your fri- Dalamar! Haven't seen you in an age!" He walked over and the two friends clasped each other on the shoulder. "Well, I'm quite busy, so I'll ask if you would leave my office. :) Not to be rude."

The group left with a smile, and Elwithral lead them out into the Hall, and then onto the warm grass outside of Baldur's Gate.

"We've a long trek ahead of us, friends, so if any of you need to rest, now would be the time."

19. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

“Rest?” Lotar mumble at Elwithral, “At list, for once I agree with you, it will be best if we rest, if we have to encounter this three Veatcys

Lotar took a piece of Elven bread out of his small bag, and call over Elwithral to the back of the field,

“I have heard of one of this Veatcys before, my elders’ mention me a powerful wizard with the body of a tiger, and now I have come to the realization that this O'Gera might be the same person, in fact more than mention was a warning. We most be careful, at list for the sake of the rest of the group. I think I have more information about this mage but I don’t *cough* remember”

Lotar finished the small piece of bread and continue talking,

“Look, do not assume this as a favor; is simple mutual help, ok? Don’t get any ideas”

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral hid a grin, and turned northward to look to the horizon, "Didn't cross my mind. Interesting though."

Elwithral gazed at the falling sun, and turned back to his group. He layed out a bed roll, he wanted to feel the cool ground beneath him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.