1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tower of Deception for BG2

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

2. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Excellent!

3. Valiant Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks a lot :)

4. Valiant Gems: 2/31

Tower Of Deception v3.3

Hello everyone,

Just wanna let you know that Tower Of Decption v3.3 was released.

Small info: this version is fully independent from Improved Anvil, so it is mainly for those who find it hard with IA installed. You don´t need to have IA installed, and still can challenge Ustrain and his minions like before, thanks to Razfallow. This version is more like player´s request, an addition to original one, still available for download. So now you may choose which version to download.

Download link is on Dragonshoard Download Centre:

http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/bwl_mods_download.php?mod=44

Hope you´ll like it :)

Val :)

5. Siegfried Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Major bump

Notwithstanding than the fact there might be a more appropriate place and way to make introductions (hello...how are you all? I'm new, blah blah blah), I'll be moving on ahead with the purpose of this post.

Now, I just completed the mod (I believe it is version 3.1, but I could be wrong since it's been ages since I've installed it and just recently decided to try my hand at Ascension) and was wondering one thing about it.

First things first, I must say I very much enjoyed it, since it had a great feel to it. Had a Watcher's keep-lite kind of ambiance. Was a bit easy however (but my party was quite seasoned at that point).

********************Spoilers************************

So I got out and got sent to Tian. Obviously once I read that I could one day break the seal of the book, that 5K seemed a lot less enticing (as if it was from the start :p). I'm curious, as it says no one in my party can currently open it. Does it mean I can one day crack it open? Does it have any particular use or is it like that lame spellbook you get off that mage on SpellHold Island? And lastly, any chance the Githyanki mage comes after me at some point?

********************/Spoilers************************

Thank you very much for answering.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Hello there, welcome.

I don't know if you can use the book in the future, but...

The evil arch-magi will make his return near the end of SoA and it can be quite a fight, I can assure you. But, since you have his precious book, it may turn out different.

[We have spoiler tags, you know... Fixed! -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  7. Siegfried Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the info.

Anyone got some on the book?

8. Valiant Gems: 2/31

Ok, guys, about the book. It was left unfinished for the future purpose, as I wanted to use it in the second part of TOD, which would include one new city area (borrowed from random Athkatla area arts). I still working on that in my free time together with Razfallow. But I do not have free time very often, so you´ll have to wait.

Second TOD part will be the last and you will finally have an option to unseal the book. But who knows, maybe it won´t be so easy as it will look like for the first time... :p

Glad you all liked it and thanks for that... Just be patient and wait for its final part.

Oh, last thing - this part will be only in IA independent TOD version, because the changes I plan to make are incompatible with IA TOD version.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Great news! I tried the latest version's (real) final fight, and I was really impressed, it was such a grand, challenging and satisfactory battle, I had to reload a few times ofcourse, but it was literally everything I could ask from a mod's boss battle:dreadful and tough, diversive foes, needing strategy AND luck to beat, and nice (not overpowered) loot to boot! Two thumbs up!

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Is the latest version the one available for free download on Dragon's Hoard? Because if not, it'll probably cost people $30 to get it (unless you're willing to send it to them for free :) ).

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I have V 3.3 and I don't quite remember where/how I downloaded it. I quite enjoyed it though.

12. Valiant Gems: 2/31

Yes, v3.3.x (doesn´t really matter if it´s v3.3.1 or 3.2.1, they are almost the same, the only difference is that 3.2.1 is IA compatible, while 3.3.1 isn´t...) are the latest versions of TOD. Next versions will be named v4.x, so you will notice when they will be out...:)

13. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Will it be downloadable without paying to BWL?

14. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Duh :rolleyes: I guess it will, it seems after a closer look, that DH downloadcenter (whatever it is called) are out of the ca$h-wall.

Thanks for creating ToD Valiant.

15. Valiant Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] No problem, after all, it was made for you guys, players...

My original idea with the second part was to make an additional Athkatla part with at least one tavern, which should be used by other mods as well, e.g. NPC mods etc. Simple reason - most of the original areas are overcrowded, so I wanted to create a new alternative option (mean place :)) for throwing in some new mod creations... My English is not ideal, I hope you all catched my meaning...:D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  16. Vreejack Gems: 1/31

Tower of Deception, Pit of Hell

I note that you need an average level of 14+ to finish this mod, but I wandered in with an average level of 8, so now it looks like I am stuck. My main character has a plain old broadsword as his primary weapon, not even a masterwork.

Fortunately my fighter/mage just learned the fireball spell or I would never have solved that first puzzle.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.