1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Toughest Battle

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Hux, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Are you serious? Her usual statuse are little prob, but her 3 Project Image trick is deadly. They all have permanent Imp. Alacrity and keep casting Insect Plagues. Her drow tough soldiers come, all elite casters, who has tons of sequencers and casts COMET.

Even you save her PIs, her real self force-casts NEVER ending Time Stops, and use a cheesy, ranged, ignore MR HARM spell. Harm man! You have 1 HP, she blasts you into CHUNKS!

I love the battle, it is so exciting!

2. Chimera Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Not the toughest, but most annoying: feebleminding Bhaal in the dream sequence and, after hitting him for several hundreds of HP, realizing that there is apparently a dialogue to trigger (impossible due to Feeblemind) and your sorceress has run out of dispels.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I simply just can't understand why anyone would think the final seal battle is all that tough. I know encounters in WK are based on lvl (though I'm not all that sure about that battle; though it most likely is too), but I've defeated those with approx lvl 10 parties numerous times... and to boot with a little cheese it's simply just a walk in the park on any difficulty. I had much more difficulties defeating Demogorgon (don't think I ever beat him the first time).

4. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Eeh :eek: , I couldn't even get to THAT 5th lv with a lv10 party, are you sure you just need a little cheese ? :p

I don't know anything about them spawning based on your lv, it seems the archer can combine GWW with Called shot, which means 10 atk/round + lower target's strengh, and if you approach her thinking she sucks at melee, she'll switch to a warblade with 5atk/round :shake: , and there's a Kensai roaming around with unlimited GWW, then come next a hive mother which can dispel buff, apply magic casting failure, summon unlimited number of skeletons. Lastly, a snake thing that not just hits hard but also cast stoneskin + PfMW a few times.
    Add a drow cleric/mage, a subcubi, I have to say this party is quite balance. It's sicked to fight this battle with a party of 6 ppl if tactics made them any harder :mad:

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Minh So, I assure you that I'm far from the only person who sometimes go straight to WK after chateu Irenicus... I just never fight Demogorgon (Screw that Odren for manipulating me even to begin with). Seriously, your best 'cheesy' way to kill those buggers is traps + skull traps. But there's many other cheesy (and even some not as cheesy) ways to kill those buggers.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Meh, I beat Imp. Demogorgon this weekend. It was so easy. And I played on insane. Poor Demogorgy came down so quick. I was kinda dissapointed. Can somoene make even tougher Demogorgy?

:p OK sue me I am an absolute and crazy powergamer. :p

7. Magnus23 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Toughest battle depends a LOT on your party. My previous party (Myself (Ranger), Minsc, Anomen, Jaheira, Jan, Nalia) I had to stop playing as because I could not kill Draconis. I just got massacred every single time. But my new party (Sorceror, Sarevok, Korgan, Viconia, Jan, Edwin) went through him like a hot knife through butter. On the other hand, my new party had far more problems dealing with Sendai than my previous one. I guess just a simple thing like a spell that connects or a critical hit can turn a battle from incredibly frustrating to a piece of cake.

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^I agree. But a balanced party should have little problems against big and nasty fights. If the party is unbalanced in the favour of either magic or might, then a special fight in which one of the two is useless, the party will have serious difficulties. Same thing go for soloers I guess.

9. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

one of my toughest fights would be the very first time i met Yaga Shura, i kept hidding him but nothing happened, i thought i needed more power, needless to say that didnt help at all

10. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

@Silverstar

Well, you could always make it tougher by altering the .CRE file using something like NI.
    That way you can make you own custom Demogorgon

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Unmodded, it's Draconis. That guy is just plain nasty and extremely difficult to wax without resorting to reload knowledge. Every other "tough" bad guy is either vulnerable to pre-battle cheese (Irenicus) or has some ludicrously-easy-to-exploit vulnerability (Kangaxx), if one is inclined to play that way.

The Ascension final battle is just nuts.

12. Lutheo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

I'm going to go with the last group before Demogorgon. The first time I did that I got wailed on. Even after playing TOB numerous times I still find that fight quite vexing.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Those grumpy guys in the top floor of that pub you go to straight after coming out of Irenicus's dungeon. They have all the cheating insta-super-immunities that every tough enemy has but you're at such a low level that you don't have all the really good immunity busting spells and buffs yet, especially after losing Imoen. That is the fight that has resulted in the most reloads for me.

14. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

@Harbour,

I remember that battle ... it was helll! I think basically just that dwarf and that annoying guy that starts on the right give me the most trouble. And I'm always at such a low level when I want that Ring of Invisibility as well!

I think one of the hardest battles in the game would be down in the depths of Watcher's Keep. The Heart Key Guardians where just crazy! There were those two guys, Nalmissra and Y'tossi ... OMG they just ripped me in half! It took me agessss to finally take them down!

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well a mod makes those toug guys in the pub even nastier, they use cheesy abilities and un-droppable, cheesy weapons. :p So I feel like butchering them once I leveled up a bit...or a lot of. :p

@Maurolava

I know I CAN edit my enemies, even with lesser SK, and I did it. But simply bolstering AC, THAC0, HP, resistances, # of attacks etc. is not what I want. I want my enemies to be smart and a little 'cheesy', unfourtunately I don't have such coding skills...yet. :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.